Reflecting On State Of The Game and DB

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bathroom Dad, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

No, what it shows is how Omnibus improves this problem after content drops into EEG.

The content in question sixth dimension raid is literally on the cusp of EEG, in other words it's the oldest piece of content in EG so unsurprisingly few people are running it.

It's also never typically been a good idea ever to blind queue raid content, you'd be better off forming in LFG or getting help from league mates.

Also to flog a dead horse, if it happened last night, why again are people queuing content at the end of a week then complaining it's not popping.

If people want to make these complaints then they should be doing it properly, attempting it at the start of the week, not the end and then taking screenshots of the on duty timer as evidence and posting it.

For all we know people could be just talking ****, because whether we like it or not there are people that seem to get off on hating this game and acting like it's dying at every turn.

Notwithstanding the moment this content drops into EEG omnibus will push the queues as long as people don't fish avoid the instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

I run the 6th dimension raid whenever I get on my main and have time to do things other than dailies. I have run it frequently the last couple of weeks, and am loot locked currently because I already ran it twice this week. It's also not about loot, it's about feats. This raid in particular has quite a few counter feats and reguardless if its EG or EEG, many people run it for the same reasons I do.

I was also Qd as both a Dps and Tank.

Also for the record I blind Q everything, have been for many years now. LFG involves egos and requirements, blind ques do not. I even have full elite gear on both roles from the same method. On top of that it's a great way to meet new people.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Sure, I'm doing a similar thing with some content myself, I couldn't be bothered with, the reality is the older the content is in EG, the less it's run.

That's part of the purpose of Omnibus to improve queue times once content leaves EG.

Ive been doing a similar thing with FV, for the rogue feat, I needed 2 more combos, it wasn't being run much prior to leaving EG so I stopped running it at all, once it hit EEG, I slapped it in my favorite list and I custom queue it every time I have a spare moment not doing something else, it now pops easily and as long as people aren't fishing it, it goes in; I now only need 1 more combination.
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You don't need to join a group. If there's one doing the bounty - jump in, drop the orbital and Krypto and go about your business. You will get the credit and I can't imagine anyone will mind... Or notice, because - quite frankly - you can't see sh*t during those fights.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I did this with Pride - I was open about it and ppl didn't care because they'd see the add feat popping for everyone etc
    • Like x 2
  6. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Oh another one of these threads...

Sigh...

Starting to fill up early on our yearly quota I see.

I'll be in the corner with my tinfoil hat.
    • Like x 1
  7. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I guess it happens so often because the concerns people have are rarely answered or acknowledged. You keep on speaking, hoping maybe this time you will be heard.
    • Like x 4
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

:rolleyes:
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

12 years. I looked this up once, the very first "the game is dying" thread was posted 45 minutes after launch. I'm not even kidding.
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

One of them (or one of the many youtube videos) will be right one day LOL
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

To be fair, the glitches at launch were awful. Some of them oddly beneficial though. When you got into a raid, you knew you were going to disconnect at least once, and probably more. So everyone added the party members to their friends list, so they would be invited back, it became routine to do a head count after every boss to make sure everyone was still there. This actually built a community of relationships, because you always had friends logging off and on. I remember randomly being removed from a league I was in. Then there were the instance breaking glitches, and would your group use them or not. The hack shortly after launch nearly killed the game, this was a sub based MMO that couldn't be played for more than a month, when the game did come back, there was this apprehension, is everyone still here? My favourite glitch, this is before lairs or league halls, when you queued for an instance, there was a 50% chance of DC'ing. The Dev's solution, go somewhere the population density was low. You would have toons by the score hovering over the water waiting for their instance to pop. So in normally empty areas you had toons, fading in and out of existence, it was oddly surreal.
    • Like x 1
  12. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Their “solution” was probably the first red flag to stop playing the game. What a ridiculous answer to a massive problem.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

agreed, this has always been true
    • Like x 1
  14. Bathroom Dad Active Player

No it hasn’t. That started happening in 2016-ish
    • Like x 2
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this is red, while its no secret that I'm against a lot of their monetization garbage and think some of it is directly malicious for sure.
    but its not worse than Neverwinter which is where a lot of the stuff added in DC came from when Jackster came to the company
    I wish they would be smarter with it with quality purchases over gambling ones or gimmick ones but not up to me sadly
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I disagree its been a thing even back when we were all on separate servers.
    Crisis Server or the Killing Joke for example

most people would hop on Thursday night right after reset to knock out weekly raids
    there were no replays

Friday and Saturday would be jumping and then by Tuesday and Wednesday
    you weren't getting your raids done unless you had a league to run them with you as everyone was already done with them

we weren't even full Tier 1 gear at the time
    so id say yea pretty much from the very beginning
    • Like x 3
  17. Bathroom Dad Active Player

You’re forgetting that was when skill points actually mattered. People would blind w and shout for feat/raid runs all the time for raids and feat runs. Now, not even close.
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I think your trying to move the goal post here to work around my argument. as the point was made that the game isn't drastically different now over in the past in this reguard. new content drops tons of people are on then there is a drop off... when running current content early in the week its easier to get into and through the newest content and then later in the week that becomes increasing more difficult as people have already ran it.

to address the point you just made SP for sure matter that's not what Obsidians video says its just the title. they just have diminishing returns the higher into them you go for dps role. and sadly Artifacts have more of an impact now and are pay to win feature which I agree were a bad decision for the player base but good for the company's bottom line.

and people still do build groups for feat runs and as I agreed with Emoney below people still blind q for content much more so now that omnibus is a thing

I blind que for most things now also with regular content I'm confident that as long as myself and at least one other league mate is in with me that we can carry a bad group if they are lacking. I only ever go to LFG if elite or higher
    • Like x 1
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They need to revamp the game nobody likes a stat revamp clamp of 70%. you will not feel ur progression even at end game. I lost complete interest in dcuo when stat clamp revamp happened and so did many others. If you want to know how to kill a game take 70% progression away that's how. If you want to know how to bring this dead game back. Restart the cr system back to 30 and make stats matter again with players starting all the way back at ep 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I sorta miss the old forum lol
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.