Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Lead Designer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

WB/DC Discovery is cutting a lot of their entertainment stuff already so I doubt they pumping any money into this game even if they could or would.
    • Like x 1
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Who's in charge there at Dimensional Ink? Does Daybreak really have no Devs left? They didn't replace Jackstar, Panderus, Charon, Oceans or NerdOfPrey YET?!!? Who the heck is driving the ship at DCUO at this point? It's a friggin skeleton crew really a ghost town of a game developer?
    • Like x 1
  4. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will either be released or it won't I cannot deny what lives on my screen

[IMG]

Fiction is either real or it isn't if the Black Moon doesn't howl then i don't know what does
  5. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Does the black Moon Howl?

Ď̵̢͙̘̘͍̼̭̙̩̣̤̲͖̥̳̥̽͗͌̊̈́́̏̒̂̓͝o̷̲̥͎̳͖̗͆̈́̐̂̃̔͐̀̋͒̉̂̋̒̄͜ę̸͙̻̣̥͉̘̤̣͕͐̈́̏͆ş̴̡͔̻͍̬͚̪̹͙͎̙̟̝̦̾͊́̽͊̓̚͝ ̵̡̤͎̩͇͑̎̿̔̈́͛̈̿͗̚t̵̮̭̮̎̾͌ḩ̶̣͇͈̺̏̚̚e̵̢̮̞̹̻̹͈̳̠͚̥͖̍͗̏̉̈́͐͒̕̕ͅ ̶̧̧͖̟͚̃̇̂͛͑̍̕ḅ̶̡̛̺̓̓͗̃l̴̢̡̢̮̥̦̺͓̜̲̘̅̈́̆̀̆̓͘͜͝a̵̘̩͍̋͂̽̌͆̍͑͋̀c̵̗͈̖̓̑̎̒̓͆̀͘͠k̷̨̨̰̣͎͈̮̻̦̣̣͂̒̅̽́̊̽̈́͒͆̾̒̇̚͠͠ͅ ̸͙̺̆̄̆́͌͊͗̐̌̌̂̀͘͝m̴̡̡̮̤̼̰̹͍̜̤̯̓̓͌͒̈́͐ͅơ̷͔̝̖̺̟̗̱̈́̅͊̈́̀̊͘͠ͅö̷̰̘͇̱͈̘̣̱̰̹̖̗̯́̓̓͂̆́̈́͋̑̌͊͘n̴̬̾̾̂̚̕ ̴̨̛͚̦͔͍͙̰̫͙͔͊͋̾͑͆̑͒̀̑͝h̶̡̢̛̩̻͚̣̖̹͔̓͋̈̀̍̋̋̑̉̓͊̃̑͘ͅǫ̸̢̣̱̪͎̦̖̀͂̋̆̓͛͂ẅ̵̜͚̙͖͍́ļ̷̠̻͕̺̬̹̫̌͑̎̅̕ͅ?̴̨̖̬̱̲̖̃̃͆̔͊̌͊̓̐͋̉̂̋̈́̀́
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Day 1825 after leaving. New Studio Opening
    [IMG]

The studio you left:
    [IMG]

Im awaiting for Jeff Kaplain to end up at DreamHaven Studios eventually lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Bathroom Dad Active Player

I think it’s safe to say the breach in the hull, has significantly worsened, and this ship could be sinking.

If it’s true what someone said about the switch being the reason they don’t upgrade UE3, then they need to cut that failure loose. That server is barely active. Focus on the ones that are keeping this game going… PS/PC
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I highly doubt the Switch will hold back the ability to upgrade. It would be the legacy code's fault.

The game was made to work on the PS3 and was built in a way that was not modular because of it. To do ANYTHING new to the game, they would have to unravel the legacy code. Make it modular. Then they can start adding new features or think about upgrading the engine. This is where the game development is stalled, they would have to spend a lot of money to do this. All the while having to forgo additional content that makes them money.

Really, I feel the switch remark is because they want an excuse to kill it on there. The switch is way more powerful than people on this forums give it credit. This is one of the many problems the game can owe to the PS3 and the fact they tried to support it so much longer than they should have.
    • Like x 4
  9. myandria Item Storage

I humbly disagree; non-competes are a vice grip for employees. If a company is floundering and the writing is on the wall for you to move on, essentially, you cannot unless you choose another career path. Non-competes allow employers to pay their employees less money because their employees cannot move freely from that company to do so.

If employers want to keep their employees, they need to do more and offer more to keep them, instead of putting them in a "non-compete" jail cell. When companies treat their employees well, they dont have to worry about anyone moving on to another company because those employees will be "loyal" to their companies. Loyalty is missing in the workplace these days.

With a creative space such as a game company, the freedom to be "creative" can be the driving force to make employees move to another company/opportunity. I cannot see forcing a "non-compete" for game company employees, especially when there is always fresh talent to pull from.

So, in your case, if another company offers you more money and a better work environment doing similar work, you won't be able to take advantage of it right away; you would have to wait 5 long years to do so and miss out on a better opportunity.

If a company loses talent, especially key talent, then that company needs to take a hard look internally and figure out what needs to be done to minimize that loss. People should be able to move freely from job to job; if there are sensitive company secrets, then a non-disclosure contract should be required, not a non-compete one.

The issue of retaining talent within DCUO is not with Daybreak; the issue is with WB/DC and their restrictive licensing agreements that stifle creativity at all levels.
    • Like x 1
  10. Derio 15000 Post Club

Probably because fortnite is optimized on mobile and their devs have stayed for the most part consistent for the past couple of years and we all know that DCUO has some spaghetti code from its original inception that makes certain things hard to do. Also pretty sure fortnite has a much larger budget than DCUO in terms of even affording such a large upgrade.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

while building the whole game out on UR5 would be awesome I doubt they will do it even though with the canceling of the marvel game daybreak should ultimately have the resources to rebuild the game in the background over the next few years. I doubt they do it. They should as other MMOs are much much older and they find ways to keep their games updated SO...... dont know what excesses they want to use but for long term success and hiring problems they need to do something drastic or they will never attract young developers to join the team. and the game will come to an end because of it in time
  12. myandria Item Storage

Well, with David Zaslav (CEO of WB/DC Discovery) looking to save about 4 billion dollars and generate more cash flow, it will be interesting to see if this game gets a licensing renewal based off of the profits it will have made when that renewal time comes.
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, it does suck big time being under a Non-Compete. I think where I work they are more worried about a potential loss of a client instead of retaining talented employees. If an employee were to leave for another marketing firm, they might influence their new employer to take a client(s) from the Company. At least that is what some of us here have speculated.
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

How is it there? has the sky already fallen? or not yet?
    • Like x 4
  15. Eve YouTuber

lol I told BumblingB the title sound like a start of a joke, " A Executive Producer, Creative Director and Lead Designer walks into a bar."

(Yeah, just trying to make everyone laugh, ik we're all worried until a green name aka Mepps will chime in if he does)
    • Like x 5
  16. BumblingB I got better.

If anything, Zaslav wouldn't care about this, since it's licensing. DBG/EG7 is paying him to use it, where all those cancelled movies and shows were on his platform and he didn't want to produce them anymore. That's the thing about licensing, I kinda feel that DC IP might become licensed only and suddenly Marvel or IDW could have Batman in their titles if they wanted to. A lot of comic critics are saying that the DC comics might be going away and become license only system. Where the movies will still exist, but the print side will be gone. Comic sales have been waning due to the direction that Didiot started and hasn't recovered after his firing.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Like I said in the OP, I don't think this will be a problem this year, but I don't expect a lot more than the promised 3 episodes.

The game has to plan DLCs 6 months to a year in advance. Last year we went down one, so they even have the work planned for it. I'm not sure if the current upcoming DLC was that one or it's just banked for later.

I mean...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

My reply was I was thinking of making the same joke. "An Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Lead Designer walk out of a studio..."

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. myandria Item Storage

Good points here and I agree with most of them. DC has already started to end classic ominibus production, including Age of Omnis and the material from the 1990's. Zaslav may want to raise the price of those licensing rights to help generate the cash flow he is desperately looking for; WB/DC Discovery has old debts that need to be paid. If he truly doesn't care about DBG/EG7, he might not offer another license renewal and give it to another company/entity who's profit portfolio is better. Of course, if that happens this game would no longer exist, but it won't matter if he doesn't care.
    • Like x 1
  20. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

How can you be Creative with an obsolete game engine. Only so much you can do with that now a days. If they would just update the engine (I know, rewrite the entire game) to unreal 5... it has resources to make the game look better and run better and add more nuance.