WHAT THIS GAME NEEDS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Jan 15, 2023.

1. scarblood New Player

If thats the case maybe they should add something like the scrimmage for the raids, you get in alone or with a group, and get no rewards or feats. That way you can feel powerful again.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the question there is how much WB/DC is actually obligated to advertising the game. Yes, it's based on their IP, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to give ad space for the game in other media, especially if other companies are willing to pay more to have their ads in books and running before films. It may well be that advertising and the costs that come with it are all on DiG and Daybreak.
    • Like x 2
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Considering the threads continued despite the earlier statement, I'll add in a curveball here considering most of the conversations are stuck in circles.

Another MMO I play often is Warframe. For anyone unfamiliar, it's a bit hard to describe but it's a third person melee/shooter and it's F2P. It's genuinely F2P though because anything released on the PSN store can be earned in game. Anyway, point being, I'm sure the Devs are aware of this game but they really should take a close look at it.

Each "Warframe" (just think of it as an interchangeable suit of armour in short) either earned ingame or bought from PSN is yours for life. Each with different powers and playstyles. DCUO charges to change powers every time.

There's a weekly challenge system called Noras Mix, which gives you 10 random weekly challenges. Each challenge completed gains you points out of 10,000. Smaller ones are 1000, biggest is 7000. Each time you reach 10,000 it unlocks a new reward. Usually either inventory space, items to improve your waframes or new style items. A system like this sounds like just the kind of system that could be implemented in DCUO for an alternative way to gain SP. And the challenges themselves could interest some folks into Queuing for old content. "Help Robin in either Alert X Y or Z".

The implementation of the open world areas is pretty brilliant. Putting aside the cool stuff like being able to call down Hoverboards, Archwings (flying machines) and Big Mech Killing machines called Necramechs, there's a constant cycle of items you get from Bounties that makes you go back and makes you WANT to go back. Look at DCUO now. How long has it been since the average Endgamer has been back to Gotham Wastelands? Or Mogo and its version of Metropolis? The Devs are putting a lot of effort into creating new areas to go to, only for players to only go there for 3 Episode cycles with them being EEG. The Clamp isn't the problem here, there just isn't reasons to return and that's kinda sad. There was genuinely a lot of work put into making all these sandbox open worlds and hardly a reason to be in them enough to appreciate that. Perhaps the "Noras Mix" SP alternative above could help this too, but realistically it'd need something else too. I think the fear of all the threads mocking "reused content" has kinda ruined this. Yet you pick up a Batman comic and 85% of the time he's still in Gotham. It just seems like such a waste. Possible solution is an Episode that requires us to complete new tasks in 3 of the older sandboxes.

Finally Warframe has Tennogen. It's a system whereby the Devs give the players the instructions and tools of how they make "assets" for the game. In Warframe this is primarily for folks who want to design new skins and armour and weapons for the game. At this stage there's now likely over 500 player created items you can buy right now. DCUO does have a restriction with this, because everything has to be Greenlit by DC before its implemented. The Community Poll was a good step in this direction last year, but I think more steps could be taken. This isn't players sketching something on a piece of paper mind you, every Tennogen item on Warframe was 3D Modelled by the player themselves and only if approved, polished by the Devs. But it could be an avenue for some random styles to make it into the game, through the Marketplace. The agreement with Warframes Tennogen is the player creator of the item gets a % cut of every sale, while the bulk goes to the game itself.

DCUO is 12yrs but Warframes 7 and seems to have the answers to a lot of things missing in the game. None of it is a walk in the park, and none of it could just magically appear over a weekend, but I do think taking inspiration from the systems of an MMO that still growing gradually too could actually help. As opposed to this child-like "I DONT WANT A CLAMP I DONT WANT IT I DONT WANT IT" rubbish that's been springing up everywhere lately yet only seems to have the same 10-12 people arguing it.
  4. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I think adding a new zone, currency, boss, story dlc, style has been done to death.

I think the game needs to look into new concepts besides for an artifact gear or gear piece you can level up for boosted stats.

A design your own sidekick system would be nice. Where you design the sidekick based on styles you've unlocked. Pick it's weapon, power set, and make it stick around for 5 minutes with a 1-minute coldown.

Another idea i could get behind is a vehicle design system. Why should Batman be the only one to have a batwing, batmobile, batbike in a super hero game? We can take many of the vehciles already in the game and start customizing them, color schemes, weapons systems. You defeat an enemy in the open world with a vehicle chase, they drop a weapon concept you can research and integrate into your vehicle.We have 2 huge maps Gotham and Metropolis which can easily be used for vehicle chases. You can store your vehicle in your base lair garage room.

I want something to be done with secret identities. Every super hero comic main character has a backstory they can type up with an ID card like city of heroes and Champions Online. Don't just make it about exobytes copying powers to civilians. We can do better than that.

I just don't want every single new DLC to follow the same old formula it has been. People get burned out on the same old same old.
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is giving us the ability to sit on a chair..... Been asking that for a long time. To interact with base items like a bed or monitor etc... This game needs more devs lol or a free learning course for coding DCUO just saying lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

I know what you mean. All those chairs/ couches and not a single sit emore? that's just asking for trouble.
    • Like x 3
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

PvP FIXED

It's still a part of the game. A part that a lot of people loved. Fix it.

And screw that "But it can't be monetized" crap.... If you make a game that people love to play... They play the game and will eventually buy stuff in other areas of the game... or pay for memberships (that's still money being made)

Or.. figure out a way for it to make money.

Jebus. CoD is pretty much nothing but PvP... How do you not know how to make money with it??
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

What the game needs is for people to quit crying about the clamp and learn to accept change.
    making thinly veiled threads isnt the answer.

as far as what the game truly needs is a way
    1) to lock inventory slots so that they aren't touched by the inventory auto sort..

I love the sort feature we just need a way to lock like the top 4 or 5 rows how we want them and let it sort the rest

2) fix PVP and make it a equal share of the game again
    3) create a DCUO 2 on a new engine to keep game alive or migrate to newer engine with existing game
    this one predominantly to keep the game with the ability to gain young talented coders and designers
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

You have my vote on 1) at least.. i'd see that as simple to do.. but i'm not a coder etc
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

1s the only real one
    the other two are more wishful thinking
    • Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Something that would help your second suggestion is players managing to come together in some way and decide what they want to see in terms of fixes. Tough for the devs to plan what they want to do when they've got who-knows-how-many different voices all saying that THEIR idea is what would fix PvP without coming to any sort of agreement on the matter.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I honestly don't think PVP can be properly fixed without better balancing the powers, particularly abilities that control the opposing player, self healing atomic and fire god tanks and the healers in general.

There are definitely a few powers that will make your life in PVP easier but it's obviously just wildly imbalanced.

It's also got the point where PVP gear is largely irrelevant again (in open world) because of run away stats on PVE gear.

The real issue is that PVP in this game is too entangled with PVE so for every positive PVE change there are massive negative flow on effects to PVP that are given and have virtually always been given zero consideration because the bread and butter focus has always been PVE above everything else.

There's a bunch of band aid fixes I think might help but probably wouldn't entirely fix the situation.
    • Like x 1
  13. CGEMINI Well-Known Player

PVP is also imbalanced because people are cheating in it using a glitch that clearly is not intended.
  14. Amalgam Universe Online New Player

if you two are going to go settle this in pvp, cool, if not ...MEPS GONNAGITYA, MEPS GONNAGITA, MEPS GONNGITYA- MEPS MUH MEPSGONNAGITYA. seems like you two are both valuable members of the dcuo community that can really help push the game forward to where it needs to be. im not sure if all that is the best way to go about it .
    • Like x 2
  15. Taerah Active Player

Because you're league mates are trash, imagine quitting a game that is designed for children because it's too hard for you, your league mates were losers.
    • Like x 2
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Aside from this post being designed by one...

I'd say it has more to do with the loss of progression of character than being "not easy enough"....

But, hey.

Have some candy.
    • Like x 1
  17. Gakt New Player

I see adds for Eve online almost daily on youtube
    • Like x 2
  18. Taerah Active Player

Loss of progression? What about the 3 other players in the alert that couldn't even get to the boss before it was dead? The problem is these kids are never satisfied and never stop whining. Even when it's a genuinly good change for the game there are always these whining ungrateful little teenagers.
  19. Dene Devoted Player

It is sorted.. or at least we both said our piece and moved on lol

20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) I've never really seen anyone making these complaints... Only people saying that those complaints were vast and numerous.

2) Those players get the rewards that would build their character to be strong enough to make more of an impact... Progression.

3) Maybe an option what would keep those mere mortals separated from these gods of which you speak would have been more gooder of a change... and lead to less genuine complaints.
    • Like x 1