DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

There have been 3 bonus artifact XP weeks in the last 12 months.

March 2022

3-4 month's later

July 2022

Then 2 months later again September 2022.

It's now been 3-4 months again so another one is probably close.

So 6, especially 12 months is a massive stretch on your part, likely so you can mentally rationalize wasting it early.

But hey, I mean don't let actual facts get in the way of Emoney story time, so by all means please continue, the fiction was enthralling.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Well obviously that "graphics update and largest expansion in 2023" was actually from an alternate dimension. Unless they mean emotes?
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Mostly I'd be happy with more content.

Lots more.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While technically you are being inefficient. That isn’t the same as saying that arts are that way. You purposely do it that way because you’re not in a rush and that’s perfectly fine. It would be different you did as others and complain that they take forever knowing full well you aren’t using said events. And even so, you are also saving your caches so you are actually doing a split way. I’ve often recommended to player that if they truly wanted said milestones that they could use all the green that drops as they drop but to save the purple from the daily login. Those ones are just to valuable to use. And then to use the blues as they see best. But generally once you get to 160 it’s probably better to wait. But again, your choice.

I am currently sitting on 2mil nth metal exp. During the double nth that’s 4mil. On my main I have multiple 200 arts. I even have arts for all roles on my main incase I get bored and switch powers. My top 3 alts have their dps arts maxed and also have support arts. My baby toons all have 120 arts (except for my new one who I used the free cr skip on. At this point I don’t need any more arts. Haven’t seen any other ones I want to level. I might just level my baby toons arts just for giggles lol. I also have enough destiny tokens to not even need to buy any seals.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or you could use destiny tokens they give you. Or you know the 500 points they give you. Have multiple maxed out arts and haven’t spent a penny in a while. Haven’t spent money on arts specifically in I don’t even know how long lol. So still wrong.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  7. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

There's been changes in management since that update, I do believe. And that was also before they lost staff.

But I do think that's where the disappointment lies. Being teased the "largest expansion content to date" not long ago and now to see just more of the same for the year.
    • Like x 1
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Dude... You admit that they are designed to make money...

Either they do or they don't.

Edit: And... "500 points they give you"???

You mean the 500 points YOU PAY FOR??
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A single person can’t be this delusional. At what point is it outright trolling…

Yes they are designed as a product to encourage players as consumers to spend money in the game as a company.

That does not mean you have to spend money on them. How is that seriously so complicated? They want players to spend money or time. However they do have features to help those players out. It’s not that complicated. We get that this may be hard for you to wrap your head around. But it’s really not that hard to understand.

Company: DI/DCUO
    Product: Arts/Allies
    Consumer: player base
    Currency: time or money

Client-centric approach: events which they absolutely do not have to do but still do like double nth week to help consumers get said products with less currency requirements.

They as a company have a product that they want us to spend on while also having feature to help us.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, they can be :D
    • Like x 1
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Agreed.

Now STOP THERE and SU.

YOU are the delusional one.

You just listed spending the 500 points THAT YOU PAY FOR.. in your "You don't have to pay for them" plan.

You don't get any more self-deluded than that.
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And you do get a free destiny token even without a membership. So you continue to be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  14. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

+1 for single ladies emote
    • Like x 2
  15. GabeKnowBest Level 30

I really don't understand this games direction, its as if the Team doesn't care much, very little interaction at all compared to other mmos. I don't understand how its even acceptable for a company to allow a game to be ran as poorly as this one is.
    • Like x 2
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Games stopped being more about having fun once they figured out online an how to fragment and drip feed content. And sell half baked or half finished games with the promise to fix in 6 months time to bring it up to the quality you expected on release date.

but a free game gotta make profits to keep funding the people working on the game and its content, especially the monetization designer.... Who surely i have nothing but kind words for:D Who job is to make DCUO an ever more enjoyable place for the players.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

What happened with that „largest expansaion content to date for 2023“? We still getting that?
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Here ya go kid... Don't spend it all in one place....

Garsh, Mister!! A whole destiny token!!

You really are just delusional to the point of being sad.

Moving the goalpost to include this borderline-useless token doesn't change the fact that you list using the membership perks THAT YOU PAY FOR in your rose-tinted YOU AIN'T GOTTA PAY ANYTHING plan.

In other words... It doesn't make me wrong....
    It just makes you look more desperate and oddly defensive of a system that we all agree is designed to make money.
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I'm sorry to interfere in your "fascinating" and "constructive" dispute with Deity... but it was always very interesting for me to hear an honest answer ,from people who hate the monetization of artifacts and allies.... for what exactly in the game would you yourself pay, comparable sums with those that you claim are needed for artifact and allies ,on an ongoing basis? Just don’t talk about cosmetics ... maybe I'm a cynic ... but when people talk about monetizing cosmetics, I hear: "I want to play the game for free, but let others pay instead of me, buying things that I would never buy myself....
  20. Dianatique Well-Known Player

Meh, another static episode..

when is Stargirl going to be part of DCUO?...
    • Like x 1