DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I am pretty conscious this is a F2P game, and nobody work for free, so I am absolutely agree with all those monetized cosmetics, I not have any problem with that or with the people who spend money on that, but that isn't the point, my point with "adult or kids" is when some people start to prioritize this kind of content over playable content and gets upset when someone shows a bit of criticism with this
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thing is that they have different departments. The department that creates cosmetics is normally not also doing bug fixes or framework maintenance. Could there be cross over tasks? In a dev team this small, probably. But for the lost part it’s different departments. So there really isn’t much harm in having that specific department doing these things.
    • Like x 3
  3. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Well, that's depends of how many human resources they send to each developing group

Anyways, I not was talking about developers, I was talking about gamers
    • Like x 1
  4. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Agree to disagree on the open world bosses. Doing 550 of them burned me out so bad I took a year break. It was truly stupid and awful. No one wants that kind of busy work.
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It's hard to follow you when every other sentence looks like it's a typo.
    The first sentence seems to be contradicted by the two in green... and technically the two in orange.
    Because.. If it's not a typo.. then, yeah.. people would argue that.

Did you mean to say that "who is arguing that they WEREN'T designed to make money"? Then, yes.... No one is arguing that.... Including me.

But, yet... you'll cry about it every time I suggest the obvious.
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Just because you keep saying "adults" doesn't make you one but it does make you look like a child to try and discredit them simply because they stated facts and you guys don't like it. Sounds childish to me.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Do you seriously need that much help with reading?

Who is arguing that they (artifacts) were designed to make money?
    Artifacts were designed to make money. Who is arguing this statement?

No one. Not a single person.
    Nobody is arguing that artifacts were designed to make money.
    Nobody is saying that artifacts were not designed to entice players to spend on them.

Company makes a product and company expects to make money.
    A company who by design wants to make money will created products for consumer to spend money on.

It is obvious artifacts and most items within the game were designed to get players to invest. Investments are not just monetary. Players are required to spend with either money or time. However both can be shorted greatly by utilizing resources within the game that were specifically designed to help the consumer. IE you. Making statements like “ And sorry if I don't wait months to do the thing that they were designed to do...” is also you just being counterproductive. These events were DESIGNED to help the consumer shorten the time it takes to max said items. In this case, arts. You are purposefully taking longer to level arts and complaining about the time it takes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tolly Committed Player

A very weak program to sell a year's worth of games, DCUO sadly boils down to allies and artifacts and partially recycled DLC content in most of their new DLC not to mention recycled styles, it just shows that this studio doesn't have many resources left for this game and I think they're playing with fire with a subscription that's now optional. Personally, I don't extend my subscription to this game anymore because it doesn't have anything convincing to motivate the player to stay subscribed, what about some gift trinket? a 21th gift that nobody uses 3/4 of the time and a recycled style? no it's not attractive at all....

Besides, no support from Warner for this game, DCUO is in one of the saddest period of its history. Even the game's director is not able to issue a yearly letter anymore, is there one left? This is the question I'm asking myself, to say how low this game has fallen in a few years, but go ahead, continue to defend it body and soul lol, I would have done so with great pleasure if there would be more motivation from the directors for this game, because DC is a universe that I love since it has a little bit rocked my childhood, but there, they clearly do not show more motivation for this game, yet game has huge potential ...
    • Like x 2
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Me:

"Artifacts were designed to make money"

You:
    In protest of that statement
    ENDLESS RANT ADMITTING THAT THEY ARE... AND NOBODY ARGUES THAT THEY WEREN'T....

....BY SAYING THAT NO ONE ARGUES THAT THE WERE.
    And who is arguing that they were designed to make money? No one. Not a single person.

I swear to DCUO....
  10. Proxystar #Perception

So you confirmed you have zero Nth metal saved.

You either,

A. Don't know what you're doing, or
    B. Don't even play this game much, just want to complain.
    • Like x 3
  11. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Ok, now read whole conversation, be sure you understand the points, and comeback again
    • Like x 1
  12. Napoleon Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    At least we're getting realistic expectations this time around.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cable Girl Active Player

bahaha it was almost a prerequisite of my old league to tbag is someone died to stupidity. i use /beg these days and it helps me get on the emote statue in the league hall too lol

[/quote]

I agree with you 100% here and i remember the good old days when FOS came out spending hours figuring out the mechanics, running fos 1 like 6 weeks in a row trying to get the bow i used at the time ( i was a terrrible dps back then lol). They were painful but fun times. It was a completely different system then but it worked. It took alot of us years to get burnt out.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You truly have some deep issues with reading comprehension…

For the countless time… yes they were designed to make the company money…. However they also offer ways for players to get to the same destination without spending money. On top of that, they have designed the system to support the player to get to the same destination without much effort.

You however can’t seem to understand how to utilize the tools the game offers and then complain that it takes so long while being extremely inefficient.
    • Like x 1
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Where did I complain that "takes too long"?

I pretty sure I know... But, that would require you not comprehend what you read... So, yeah... I'm pretty sure.

I merely said that it was designed to make money.... which you agree with.

Yet. Somehow you get pissy every time it's said.
  16. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Ignore the troll, he just wants to argue then when he upsets you he reports you. Just hit the ignore and have civil conversation with everyone else here who has a brain.
    • Like x 2
  17. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Largest expansion? They better start talking, or a lot of this community is gonna lost faith. Emotes was not the topic anyone wanted to read about. It’s so low on our priorities. I wanna know how they’re gonna grow the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Thank you for the moment of clarity.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hmmm let’s see.. first you make a claim that says you have to mostly spend money on arts/allies. Then you change it to it’s designed to cost money. Then you claim that’s it’s designed to make them money. And now you want to say that it’s not even something you have trouble with while admiring you have no clue how to actually level them up effectively. In your own words you “don’t wait months do things that they were designed to do” proving that you are actually take longer to do something because you claim it’s how it was designed to be done while ignoring all of the events they have built around artifacts.

You keep backpedaling every time you get confronted with actual facts and make snarky remarks which further discredits you. To be completely honest with you. With the way you argue, you actually hurt the causes you try to make lol. No one worth talking to can take you seriously because of the way you argue.
    • Like x 3
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Ignore the troll, he just wants to argue then when he upsets you he reports you. Just hit the ignore and have civil conversation with everyone else here who has a brain.

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure that's going both ways...

PS.
    Nobody is backpedaling.... I'd say I'm pretty consistent to a flaw.

Seriously... Now you're gonna get pissy about a difference between "mostly pay for" and "designed to make money"??