Just a few things to get off my chest regarding Stat Clamp and The state of the game for new players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Jan 11, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

1) On the flip side
    You don't get to claim something is a success because you don't mind it.
    (And how many people say "I don't like the clamp.. but, I tolerate it".... "Toleration" is not the best word to use when measuring the success of a game)

2) Not everything done for the "overall health" of anything is automatically the best change.
    Sometimes the side effects of a cure are just as bad as the actual disease... sometimes a change of remedy is needed.

How many new players start a game because they hear that it has a clamp?
    If the concern is having new players getting lost/feeling hurt because of more veteran players.... then... might I suggest an option that will keep those who want to be kept separate actually separate?

Yeah... By other players who exhibit rather faulty reasoning, an inability to actually comprehend what people are saying, seem rather biased in their own opinions... and have no real authority to make blanketed statements about the game.
    • Like x 2
  2. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

can confirm that a few of the people i introduced to the game and helped, once finding out that most/if not all the content is capped, they stopped playing because there is just no point in playing a small amount of end game content where you are not stat locked compared to a locked, no way to improve piece of content.

No one likes to be forced to be doing something in an mmo where you yourself is capped on what you can do, knowing full well you can improve.

Think of it like this. Damage is out of your control, you have to interact with something 4 times to kill something. but that interaction takes 5mins each. no way to speed it up, no way to optimize it. Just sitting there to wait until you can damage the boss and go to a new phase

It also is annoying when your group does less damage than you but has so much better artifacts. It feels like they dont change a thing when you are clamped. I used to out damage players with 160 dps artis as a celestial dps with trans card at 80, strat card at 80 and a purple healing ray at 80. It sucks
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

What if I told you that you were locked in EG, by the maximum CR and stats available at any given point in time.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Except... you're wrong. The skill points that you are accumulating are bleeding through more and more. This shazam ally is giving you nice big extra buff in all content if you care enough to max it out. You already have Batman Who Laughs making a big difference. Krypto and Superman. You're 15 CR above the previous maximum. A variety pack of level 200 artifacts.

Oh... you don't have all that? Then you aren't being clamped. You're just not done leveling up. Better get to it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

How dare you imply I have to spend more time playing the game or spend money. Outrageous! you hear me! Outrageous!
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Eh?
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You say my logic is flawed but yet you have no numbers to base it off. WoW is still going strong and it's an old mmo game. I stand by what I said and to further continue would only lead to semantics. An mmo game that continues every year especially for one that has a decade is in my eyes going strong and nowhere dying.
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

The people who make the game, who are the authority here, have implemented the clamp and have adjusted the clamp. They are the ones with the data and have laid out their initial rationale as to why doing it. It’s still here a year later. What does that tell you?

At the end of the day you and I are both p***ing in the wind, except one of us has the wind at our back. ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk if anything could ever top Star Wars Galaxies... They should just bring that mf back!!!
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

These are facts right here.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

No matter how much people say "new players don't have to worry about the clamp, because they don't know about it", they always find out. And they always quit shortly thereafter. Stop the nonsense. Try playing on a lower populated server like Xbox, and you can CLEARLY see the difference in population episode by episode. If you thought it was "dead" before... Well it's still kicking yet perhaps on life support lol
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

That Elon Musk shouldn't have anything to worry about... apparently, any decision that he makes is the right one.

What does the shareholders know?

This is true...

Unfortunately... You're standing downwind from me..

"Ahhhhhh......" - :rolleyes: :mad:
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

It’s not an argument at all. Just pointing out a lot of the same people went back for feats before the clamp are now telling people they need to “get good”. For the record, im not against the clamp at all.
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Almost all of the people I know in game either started after the game was out for a few years, or took multiple breaks that spanned an episode of two. The people who finish every single feat during relevancy is that same small fraction of people who run elite+, finish survival mode etc. That group of people are far from the majority. Also, many of those people also have either taken breaks, or didn’t start playing until the game was years old. The amount of people who have been here since day one, have taken zero breaks, and finished every single feat as they were released is going to be incredibly microscopic.
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I know... I was talking to Diety... Who was responding to your post.

I put your quote at the top just for reference.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

"5.4. Virtual Items. Daybreak sells a variety of virtual items (“Virtual Items”), which are digital objects such as armor, weapons, adornments..."

...Daybreak reserves the right to add, modify, remove, suspend and reintroduce Virtual Items in the Daybreak Games...

...Such changes may impact the effectiveness, functionality,

Things change.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re literally proving you don’t actually understand what has been spelled out to you..

Bosses glitching because to much burn. Clamp fixed that
    Devs having to use resources to patch said bugs. Clamp fixed that
    New players not being able to engage in content because geared players melted everything. Clamp fixed that
    Play base skill level at an all time low in a game that’s already one of the easiest MMOs on the market. Clamp forcing players to adapt.
    Game had no actual current to show players how to play. Clamp (as a result of players not being able to skip mechanics with burn) is fixing that.

Sorry that you feel a false sense of entitlement. But the clamp is actually addressing key areas of the game that were issues.
    • Like x 3
  18. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Lets be honest though. 80% of people dont listen or even wanna learn mechanics in the game. Its not clamp that decides the skill level, its the people behind the screens. but i agree with the rest.
    I am against the clamp because i feel like it just hinders players trying to go back into older content to get feats, when no one wants to go back and actually do them other than the person who is asking for people to join and do them.
    I understand maybe the bosses shouldnt be 1 shot like years ago when you could 1 shot my tapping range but have a mode where it eases up on the cap. Instead of +15 cr difference, make it 50-75 for those willing to put the time and effort in to become an end game player. Sure it trivializes some feats, but personally i would rather have many more higher end players than lower skilled 380+ geared people
  19. Proxystar #Perception

If they don't want to learn then they deserve to perpetually struggle and they will always be angry at the clamp.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thing is that it’s the games job to teach players how to play. Part of it also has to do with not encouraging players to pick up bad habits.

I haven’t played Spider-Man but as an example. If someone was able to kill most enemies by running up to them punching them and then go to a boss and kill them with a few punches. But got to the last boss and all of a sudden players need to swing around and use their webs along with other things. Then the game has failed these new players.

Yes, some players will want to faceroll enemies and will refuse to do mechanics. But the game shouldn’t encourage this. On top of that. Most of the mechanics in dcuo are reused. It’s bad cause it’s not creative. But at the very least, because mechanics are reused, it allows players to have some familiarity with mechanics and learn how do things throughout multiple dlcs.

And also, the thing about the 15cr. That’s just a number. Between piercing and arts, the 15cr is actually not little. For example, I just used my free cr skip to make a new toon. I was spamming some solos and duos for gear. I started with around 80sp. Some while gearing up. By the end I ended up with 200sp. Between feats I got and a few a bought just to get the percentage boosts. The difference between 80 to 200sp is large. I was competing content much faster. And that toon still have r0 arts lol. When they do double nth exp week I will get that toon 120 arts like all of my baby toons.

Players keep fixating on 15cr as if damage was based solely on cr. But that’s not how the game works.
    • Like x 1