Skill points are way too tedious to get as a new player

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DivineRhyme, Jan 9, 2023.

1. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

While i somewhat agree with the orignial poster, older feats are harder to get because most people have them already.
    I disagree that they should be changed or given out because its not a game issue. Its a community issue. People are not willing to help meaning more suffer and in the long run, everyone suffers.

I have switched from PS to PC after a 3 year break. In my 3 months of coming back (started october 12th 2022) i have obtained:
    300sp
    level 120 artifacts x3
    Full current dlc elite gear.

I have had some great help along the way from 1 friend, i have barely touched my alert feats, completed all the duo feats (without multiple runs... *cough cough* Battle for earth *cough cough*), done all the solo feats i can, and all the general ones. The game is truly not that hard to obtain feats for a solo player.
    • Like x 7
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Well, since it's "on it's way out," there's clearly nothing to do but quit playing.

Thanks for pointing this out to the rest of us! See ya!
  3. Eve YouTuber

If you are on the EU server, I'd personally like to help with duo feats. I'm playing mostly at evenings, early mornings or weekends. But I'm mostly free to help and I can ask friends to help getting feats\content done in alerts\raids. Getting to know players and not dismissing them can help alot, when you try to get a feat or group going to enjoy content.
    • Like x 4
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Old content has been adjusted to make it easier on new and old players alike. Many of the early missions have had their objectives adjusted to make it go faster.

I think some feats do need to get adjusted to help newer players catch up without sacrificing the "game play experience". Which ones and how is another matter entirely. actually doing it would be a massive undertaking going over each an every in game feat.

One feat that stands out for me is the "Integration Complete" feat from the Inner cavern raid. It's a grindy feat that relies on luck and teamwork. The proper ads need to spawn and the group needs to burn the right ones down allowing the ARC to absorb the ones you need for the feat. In the days before replays this feat could "organically" take months to complete. The feat should be changed to just "defeat the ARC after it has absorbed three ads". The player still needs to run the raid three times to earn the feat but isn't required to spend months hunting down a twelve year old feat where the conditions have to be just right every time. Stuff like this turns new players away. The same applies to the "artifact" feat in the Nexus raid. Instead of having to save a dozen or so specific items at the end of each raid make it to "save three artifacts.". Again the player is required to run the content a few times, if you're levelling you'll get the best "new game feel" you can get and then you can move on. Some of the lengthy grinding feats should have their numbers shaved (Battle for earth duos, legends pve, 2200 reapers etc).

I'm pretty much done running my main and top characters through this dlc. I've been working on a few of my c list toons and it has been fun but I also get how daunting it is trying to bring your toons up. I like earning my feats on all my characters. I'll only unlock the feats that grant you vendor discounts or the grinding feats (and even then I'll wait until I've earned the one and two star feats on those). Instances don't pop and if they do the group just wants to steamroll.

I'm not really big on any other games but the few games I would be interested in I avoid because the idea of having to play a game for a few months let alone years to catch up to everyone else is in no way appealing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

because you feel inadequate the game is dying.. wow that's some top tier logic

questions that need addressing on your post.

Who is punishing you because you don't have a lot of SP?
    What's baring you from getting SP?
    is the point of playing a game to have SP?
    are you unable to run any piece of content because of the perceived lack of SP?
    Point out to us in the TOS were it says, must have a lot of SP to play game.

[IMG]
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Wow, quiet the diverse amount of responses! OP, just play the game at your own pace, SP acculturation can be slow, even tedious, but don’t despair about it. You will build up a big number of SP. I would focus firstly on just having fun playing DCUO doing what gives you enjoyment.
    • Like x 6
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

The above should have been SP accumulation … I can’t spell.
  8. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Personally I wouldn't mind if they gave some of those older zones some incentives to have higher levels go back. Better rewards from some of this old dailies? Maybe something like the onmibus, but for helping kill old world bosses?

Tiffany brought up in another thread that FFXIV unclamps the overworld but clams what would basically be bosses. BUT there are incentives to have people do the bosses/events (FATES). And, while FF clamps, I can say from experience that a player at the actual clamped level and a max level player being clamped are nowhere near the same. I could take my max level player to a low level FATE/Dungeon and it was a cakewalk. Whereas in DC, my Max level guy is certainly stronger, I don't feel like it is that much more than my low level character with only 1 artifact at level 47.

Ultimately I hope they consider a system that makes that old content either more relevant, so the areas aren't so empty, or more soloable for people who aren't perfectly specced or can't swap artifacts or whatever. Or just take the System out altogether as far as anything besides bragging rights (meaning no stats).
    • Like x 4
  9. Sghoul Well-Known Player

OH! What if every week/month a Zone was highlighted and basically elevated like the current event?
    • Like x 3
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

As a vet player myself, allow me to ask you a question: 'What tasks do you think are "tedious" for obtaining skill points at the entry point (beginning) of this game?' From my experiences, MMO's usually require a bit of farming or grunt tasks to build up your character; however, there is always room for improvement. The reason I am asking this questions is because the devs have already changed the low level content of the game to make it easier to level up your CR and to get through that content faster. Perhaps you have an insight or suggestion(s) that the devs can consider.

Starting an MMO that has been around for many years is overwhelming for new and returning players who have been away for more than a year. I suggest asking a lot of questions, keep an eye out on the LFG chat in the game, use some of the forum threads and even check out some Youtube video; there are some forum regulars here who make great instructional and informational videos about this game. I'm sure someone here can list them for you.

Many MMO's now offer a "pay to level up faster" path with level skips that can be purchased. This game has one, too; it's called a CR Skip and it will put your character just at the beginning of end game level. HOWEVER, it does not give a lot of skill points (~80), so you would have to go back to the lower level content to obtain them to help your character become more powerful. The devs give out one free CR skip to everyone during the Anniversary Event which begins tomorrow, so, if you are interested in getting one keep an eye out on the forums. Once you use a CR Skip you cannot undo it, so if you decide to use one it must be a final decision.

There are online games out there older than this one that are still active, so it is difficult for me to see that this game is on it's way out. In my opinion, if this game were to be "on it's way out, " it would be because DC/WB would have revoked ALL iconic license rights from Daybreak. Without those licenses, this game would not exist.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thanks Myandria,I thought the Anniversary Event started on the 12th. OP, I encourage you to take advantage of the Anniversary Event to get some easy feats for building up your SP. This is a great opportunity afforded to us by the devs for expanding our SP as well as just having fun enjoying the game.
    • Like x 2
  12. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I’ve given up on offering these people help. I’ve posted I’m willing to help and find groups for these players in these threads too many times to count. The last clamp thread about bounties I also posted that I have free time all week to help any hero on the PS/PC NA server.I’ve gotten exactly zero responses from literally every single post I’ve made. So in my experience, after my offers going unsanwered, I find it really hard not to assume these players are just lazy and want everything handed to them. You just have to play the game normally, you don’t have to hunt any specific feats to get more than enough SP to build a player strong enough to run any piece of content in the game. My offer still stands though. I’m willing to help build feat groups for bounties, open worlds, duos, alerts, etc. Or even just message me here and I’m more than happy to give advice on some of the best ways to go about tackling certain feats, resource management, etc
    • Like x 5
  13. DivineRhyme New Player

I respect and appreciate all comments and help people are giving me my in game name is Divine Rhyme EU server I hop on at random times but I will do my best to follow all tips and try to ask people around and see if I can get some harder feats done
    • Like x 4
  14. Hexxen Level 30

Well, tbh it still probably takes months to complete, because new players won't find groups to do the raid, let alone groups that can successfully do the raid and feats.

I've tried to queue up for that raid every day (as well), only once got in a group and they gave up at one of the bosses. It seems people hate this raid.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

I added you to my friends list. If you see me around or I see you online I will try shoot a message. My in-game name has a special character but look for "·Zoe"
    • Like x 3
  16. Hexxen Level 30

Question. With my new main I'm at around 370 CR, but only have a little past 100 SP.

Will I get any benefit from doing the CR skip for my main? As I understand from your messages the game gives you some feats and thus SP. So if I am missing some basic feats, will I get at least some SP from using it?

For example, I haven't been able to do the feats that require a player with a different mentor to let you into the instance... and missing those bugged speed feats for old alerts, etc. Are those counted in the ones that the game grants you with the CR skip?

I really don't plan on making an alt, so even if I got some SP with it, I'd be happy with it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I understand I won't get any benefit for my CR, I'm just asking if I will get the SP benefit still.
    • Like x 3
  17. Tree Well-Known Player

I’m saying!
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don’t think a CR skip will be beneficial to you at this point unless you want to make an alt for a different faction (Hero / Villain). As others have pointed out, the CR skip gives you 80 SP, which most likely you already have those feats completed. The problem lies in what basic feats you might be missing that a CR skip would give you. I would hate for you to waste a CR skip and get 0 SP from it or next to nothing.

You are at current End Game level which gives you access to the all of the new content and associated feats. I would work on those getting the easiest out of the way first, and running any new or old solos for feats you can work on at your own pace. For Duos, I would try to find someone who is trustworthy to work on feats with. Similarly I advise to group with other people who are looking for feats or willing to help you get feats in the Alerts / Raids. Your group can use the Custom Menu to choose which missions to run or let Omni randomly pick for you.

Using Omnibus to go back to the older content to hunt feats is best with people you trust to help you. I would be weary of blindly going into Omni in hopes of getting a feat. It can happen but I would rather work with people who I trust will make it happen.

Your CR skip is valuable, don’t wast it. If you are already at CR370, just progress naturally from there at this point.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

As always, my recommendation for getting SP and feats is to take your time.

Set yourself daily goals and work through all the lowest hanging fruit first.

Anything you can do by yourself, do first, everything easy do first.

Then move to duos, alerts, then lastly raids.

Jump in groups you see farming things and do them as long as possible even if it means slightly reprioritizing your order for those opportunities.

Join a league, build friend networks, don't just immediately ask for help or expect help focus on building the network relationships.

Take breaks, remember to have fun too even if it means not getting feats.

Good luck
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Use the CR skip to build an alt then transfer any missing feats obtained through the boost back to your main using replay badges.
    • Like x 3