DPS logic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingofthebeast, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

This is where you lost me. Ideally the tank holds everything while you have two sweaty precision dps single targeting the boss and an EoG spamming healer.

Closing portals? Do you even lift bro?

I am offended for your children's children.
  2. Ozman Well-Known Player

Every time I've run this it seems to be the unspoken rule of whoever is closest at the time. I ran it last night with four DPS' and that's exactly what we did. No arguing, no finger pointing, just whoever was closest at the time hits the cog. Pretty simple, not even sure why this is a thing.
    • Like x 3
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You’re forgetting that the original post is referencing a PUG group. A lot of the time you have teammates with little to no arts, augs, or sp allocated to health. These people are constantly running out of power and get KOd by a stiff breeze.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I also always pug it too. I’ve even random qued it on some toons while doing dailies. So yes I’m aware of what pug runs can be like.

Doesn’t actually change the fact that if literally anyone were ti hit the cog then adds wouldn’t spawn. If no adds spawn then there’s minimal splash damage. If there’s minimal splash damage there’s barely anything to heal. If I’m a healer and I see a cog I’ll get the cog since it makes it easier to heal. It’s just that simple. Even in elite I help with cogs and rocks.
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree with Deity on this one. I know, I can’t believe it either, wonders never cease.:p
  6. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Again I don't care how much health or how easy the alert is. anyone saying its the healers job to get a mechanic when there is 2 dps available are idiots. and tgey are the reason the current players at end game suck so bad. I don't care if its easy you don't teach this type of game play
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Pretty sure this is the most entitled healer crap that I've ever read.

So you're telling me... that even if the alert is so easy that a healer isn't even required... that the dps should just do everything while you stand there and look pretty?

What are you? Some trophy wife to a CEO?

We'll let the maid raise the kids. You just sit back and relax, honey.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is it possible that there might be healers who are not as swift as you, or need to concentrate more on the heals if someone like croc or jackal is out and doing their lunge attack against squishy dpses who don't know how to dodge?
  9. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

See you guy keep throwing this alert at me not once have i mentioned this alert i am talking about dps telling a healer to do mechanics that in general is their job not healer. When it comes to mechanics it goes troll, dps,then healer. FYI I play alot of characters in this game 31 now all run end game i have tanked,healed and dps this content more then most will when its current. My point is i would never as a dps tell a healer to get a cog when I am a dps. We have people dying to easy mechanics in the raids right now. most a dps with tunnel vision. Everyone so worried about speed that it causes stuff to cascade out of control and its causes wipes and rage quit. Your dps isn't more important them doing mechanics. Can a heal get the cog yes but that is up to me if I am a dps I will do it myself cause I never put mechanics on the healer unless its necessary like last boss in that alert.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But that’s why I gave explanation on different situations and how it’s not just one way of doing things. It’s about the overall effectiveness for each situation which so many have issues with grasping.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m sorry but you’re accusing others of having tunnel vision while making statement that every situation is the same and order or mechanics is troll dps healer? You are dead wrong.

Normally yes, you’d want trolls and dps doing mechanics. However it’s not a one size fits all and this is the part you can’t seem to understand. You are so set in your believe than you can’t understand what truly is more valuable to making content actually go faster and smoother. If an any alert, not just the current one, requires 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps to get through the mechanics should be done by what is most optimal for said mechanics. This goes for everything including raids. The current alert was used as an example even by the op so you ignoring that just shows that you don’t care about what’s optimal and just want to believe what you believe.

If a groups health is maxed out what exactly are you healing? What is so important that you must continue to heal? If a groups health is maxed then their health can not get any more healed. So in this situation if a dps stops doing damage to get a cog then here’s what happens. The group doesn’t get any healthier since you can’t heal past max health. However the bosses health does go down slower since theirs less damage being put into it. This causes the fight to take longer and as a result you expose the group to risking more mechanics.

This doesn’t mean this is always most optimal. If adds were spawned and the overall damage of said adds could pose a risk then in said situation it would be more optimal for the lower dps to get the next cog while the higher dps continues burning and the healer continues healing.

This is what you aren’t understanding. Doesn’t matter if you are a healer dps troll or even a tank. You are not above mechanics. You being a healer does not excuse you from having to do mechanics when the game has already made things so much easier for healers.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So how about this? And this is kind of my rule personally, if I have any say in my group (like I'm the group lead or tank or heal), after we wipe due to whatever mechanics not being followed....or a healer doing the work, but slacking on heals....dps's do mechanics.

In your example, you seem to be able to do both...so yeah, I'd probably not say anything and just go with the flow, if we lose people though...that's not working out, so changes need to be made....easiest change, dps do mechanics. Harder change, we find a new DPS and someone gets the boot. Even harder change, you find a new tank/heal when I boogie out.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Was this in Regular version of the alert? Because, if the burn is that good, everyone can ignore the mechanics.
    If this is elite, healer should not get the switches or do objectives other than helping to lunge Isis and get their orb. It should always be either the tank or one of the DPS to do this stuff. Screw the burn, you need to complete the instance and I don't want to have to be the one to leave because someone got tunnel vision and wont listen to the group. I don't kick, I'll just leave.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again, that’s why it’s not one size fits all. I said that if the heal was struggling to do both than the lower dps should instead be doing mechanics while the higher dps keeps burning and the healer goes to healing.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And I'm agreeing. No worries. I'm even fine with both dpses doing cogs if they are by them....I'm not going to stop the run and complain we won't finish 30 seconds faster if the top dps stops for a sec.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The OP was talking about Elite. Yes...in reg it's a lot more optional, depending on your group, but IMHO should still be good practice to do mechs. We've just been told for a 16 months the mechs are important in old content...so why not newest as well? Isn't that how people are learning all this 'bad behavior' we are trying to fix now?
  17. BumblingB I got better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be honest, in league, we always do the mechanics. Makes the instances smoother/faster, whether it be reg or elite. In random queue reg, I'll do one and if I see others not do it, I'll stop and just pew pew. It comes down to if no one else is doing it, I'm not going to ask them to do it, but I don't have to do it either.

In elite though, if they are asking the healer to do the mechanics, that's just annoying. It should be one of the DPS or if you have one, controller. In the final room, the healer has to keep healing, because of the briar patches. Only should lunge and get their orb.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We ain’t…doing no mechs
    We ain’t doing no mechs
    Our rotations can’t be stopped now
    Cause it’s PewPew 4 Life!

- P. Dpsy
  19. Omega91 Well-Known Player

I personally don't run Elite at all because of players like that, I also ignore someone the minute they say something stupid.

You just have to get used to that, DCUO Community has plenty of idiots like that.