DPS logic

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingofthebeast, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Liightmare dc Active Player

You guys are funny. Why does anyone need to get portals and slabs just let the tank drag the ads in and burn it all down. Gpe is so easy everyone was breezing thru on day one with no gear. At this point everyone has better gear and it should only be easier. This dlc is not hard so there’s no need to complicate things. Get the cogs or not it doesn’t matter either way
    • Like x 1
  2. Designated Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

May be one of the easer dlcs, and yes I agree. However don’t assume everyone is of equal skill. Is there any reason to not do mechanics? Why have all those extra adds just to split the damage? Why not just close the portals in order to make it go faster?

Your post is pretty much the perfect example of what I said earlier. Absolutely no reason to not do mechanics unless you’re going for the feat. Same way it’s no reason to have everyone drop what they are doing to rush and get the cogs.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I am a healer main. That being said.

I have played some rounds of the elite alert with random people (LFG groups).
    Once I was DPS the healer and another dps (low sp, low arts, bad loadout) was starting to insult me for not doing mechanics. The Heal and this dps did stones/portals. The tank was being a tank. I killing the boss. It was a super smooth fight and I didn't see any need to do portals. Not even complained about trippling that person in damage (on adds before).

Whenever I am healer I do portals. Like why not. Tanks should survive this fight without a heal and DDs aswell. Like this bossfight is usually tank + 3 dps for me.. Also I am happy whenever there is good burn and I don'T spend hours on that bossfight. Just pop a shield and do portal.. or just ignore. Doesnt really matter
    • Like x 2
  5. MisfitCircusInc New Player

Healers, especially solo Healers, should never be doing mech interactions. I don’t care about someone’s individual DPS goals, they’re wrong. My job as a healer is to keep EVERYONE alive, and that increases the entire team’s DPS. Nothing worse as a healer than being forced to interact with a mech because no one else is doing so, only to watch the health bars of your teammates slowly drop to zero while I’m stuck in an animation with the mech. Not on my watch. DPS —> do the mechs. I’ll keep you alive while you’re doing it.
    • Like x 1
  6. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Same as it’s always been friend. The sweats think big burn equals good game play. The last thing a tank or healer should do is something other than their job.
  7. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

HA! I see what you did there…
    • Like x 1
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

And a DPS job is to do damage. :D
    On a serious note. Alerts are easy. Like why not time the shield for those interactions. Pop a shield and then quickly do the interaction. That's tbh most efficient thing you can do for the group because the damage is still flowing and nobody is getting hurt. Ofc there are interactions in certain instances where solohealers shouldn't do that.. but In most cases it's not a problem. Like pop a shield and do it.

I understand this hate against pew pew DDs, but the supports also need to realize that their job is not much more important than a DD.
    And healing for example is extremly easy. Usually I heal and drink coffee at the same time watching youtube videos.
    There are many DDs in this game and many bad/mediocre, but having an actually efficient and strong DD is rare. Like mastering that role is harder than playing troll or heal. Healing is boring, let me do mechanics at least I have something to do then.
    • Like x 3
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is wrong. The primary job of every single role is to help the run go as smoothly and quickly as possible. That’s the bottom line. If you want to break it down to “I’m a healer so should only heal” than “im a dps so I should only do damage”. Some people pick support just so that they don’t have to do mechanics. That’s the same flawed logic some dps have.

I’ve seen healers continuously spam heals even when group members are at max health. How is that beneficial to the group? Granted, I’m not saying healers should ignore dying group members to do mechanics. I even gave examples about how I handle the mechanics above.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ozman Well-Known Player

I mean if that's the way they play and they get through the content without any issues then who are you to say they're wrong? Half the problem with this community is people telling other people how they should play. As long as it's not causing the team to wipe then who cares? Kinda gatekeepy attitude if you ask me. "Play how I expect you to play or you're wrong". That ain't it.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So what right do they have to tell the dps that they have to ignore their role to do mechanics? Why is it ok for them do it and not others? That’s a very flawed statement. That’s why I said if you go to simply healers heal then dps can do the same and say “well I’m dps so I only deal damage”. And trolls can say “I’m a troll I only debuff give power and buff” and tanks can say “I only draw aggro”

So yes they are wrong.
    • Like x 1
  12. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Well for one if dps stops damaging for any amount of time. The group doesn’t die. If a healer stops… well, I’ll get the crayons out if you need help with this
    • Like x 1
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Every role does damage. DPS just speed up the process. There are very few instances where content can’t be finished without dedicated DPS. But damn near every piece of content needs a tank or heal. Im surprised you’re even using this argument.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again not true. Even in elite the group won’t die if the healer stops healing for the time it takes to get the rock or get a simple cog. I’ve have done it multiple times as a healer. Even as a tank I’ve been able to get cogs. There is no constant environmental damage in GPe until the LB. If the group wipes as soon as you stop healing than there is either an issue with the heals or the group. Healing at this point has gotten so easy that healers are literally running 3 2500 SCs
  15. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

K.
  16. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Let be real when it comes to mechanics it always goes troll then dps anyone forcing a healer is wrong and a idiot. There is only one heal but 2 dps this shouldn't even be a question. If you did die for a reason most will be what where is the heal when you didn't do mechanics like a dps should. Mechanics is everything in elite not dps!!!
    • Like x 2
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve also done the alert without a healer or a tank too. That is a bad argument. I can even heal with clarion when not a healer. Tanks can heal with EoG. Sorcery and gadgets can also tank using guardian/decoy. I even found ways to CC enemies in raids as a healer. That doesn’t change the fact that a dps’s role is dealing damage just like a healers role is to heal. I have not once claimed otherwise.

What I DID say is that it’s the group’s responsibility to do what’s most effective. If everyone’s health is at max because the tank has all the bosses aggro what exactly is a healer so busy doing that they are above getting a cog or rock? I have healed it myself and have also explained how easy it is to do the mechanics while healing. Are expecting a healer to continue to heal players who are already maxed out?
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If the group is a max health what is there for a healer to do that makes it more efficient for the dps to get cogs? You calling others idiots yet can’t understand this very basic concept?
  19. myandria Item Storage

Well, this is nothing new; some players feel that the DPS role damage is above all else in an alert/raid.

I play healer characters as well; in my opinion, the situation at hand in a mission determines whether or not I take care of the "extra" mechanics. Using your recent experience; if the group I'm in doesn't need much help with their health bars, I will help with that "extra" mechanic". If the group is struggling with the adds, I will keep status quo and make sure everyone stays upright and not watering face plants.
    • Like x 1
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

I kind of agree and disagree with the first sentence. Yes some think that, but I feel it comes more from support roles hating on DPS, because being a DPS is selfish.. kinda :D

I fully agree with your approach. Whenever I have time to do mechanics / pick ups in raids as soloheal / get a coffee I will do it. And especially in alerts.. Pop shield. Be happy.
    Yesterday I did the alert with 1 Tank and 3 DPS (one being mediocre/new). No heal, no clarion, no wipes, didn't do any mechanics at first boss. Easy going.

bUT tHe SelFiSh DPS...

Lets just not hate eachother for playing different roles :D (just because DPS is the easiest to get away with on a mediocre level)