About the Godseye Chroma....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gassius_Spray, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

[IMG]

From this pic the Godseye Chroma looks tintable. I got one from the time capsule. (yay finally pulled an actual chroma from a tc and not a booster bundle...so hot damn to that) Equipped it and its color locked.

Tintable, it would be amazing. Color locked... not so much.
    • Like x 2
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm pretty sure that's the thing about a Chroma. Some MATERIALS can be tintable, but the CHROMAS are three different locked channels that rotate through iterations in the set. It's definitional.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Each to their own.

I would like it tintable as well. At the moment its a niche chroma, if your character has a look that would suit for this chroma, then it can look really nice. I have seen players do really nice styles with this chroma and it looks good on one of my main characters.

But yes the preview picture is misleading the customer a bit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There ARE Chromas that have at least one Color Slot tintable, most notably the Neon Chromas. So I agree that the preview picture makes it appear to be tintable.

What I want to know is how one gets the Dark Blue and Gold look seen dead center in that pic? Which of the 3 Chromas gives that specific look? :confused:
    • Like x 3
  5. Grim931 Committed Player

The 2nd and 3rd ones from my experience. The first one also has a few that have the gold/dark blue as main color patterns.

Really just depends on the equipment, seems like it affects them all differently depending on which color is where on that specific style piece.
    • Like x 2
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Don't forget the Smoke chroma, arguably one of the best materials in the game
    • Like x 3
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I mean, I probably won't ever manage to get it until it's eventually moved into Boo$ter Gold's inventory like 4 years, 8 months, and 17.5 days from now*, but I'm curious to see if it would be useful for my efforts to recreate the new movie version of Dr. Fate in the game:

[IMG]

[IMG]

It would definitely let me give his costume that "magic runes-covered" look, and the colors are pretty good.

Of course, by the time it gets to Boo$ter's Shop, I'll probably have forgotten all about Brosnon's Dr. Fate. Memory like a steel sieve, me. :oops:

*Just a rough guesstimate of the timing on my part, as always, the exact timing is subject to change due to the whims of the Devs. :oops:
    • Like x 2
  8. Grim931 Committed Player

I hope you get it, that would be a pretty sick style. I have a Dr. Fate themed character, and it would probably look good for that. The blue is really dark on most styles, almost black. Just a heads up on that. Depends on how the light hits it or something...

Finally got to see that movie last weekend as well, and Fate was really good in it. Probably one of the best parts of the movie in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  9. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

When I seen the Godseye chroma, I instantly thought that I could use a one of the Smoke chroma version on chest and legs and then one of the Godseye chroma on head, shoulders, cape, arms, belt and feet and tint to my liking on my main. Pair the tinted Godseye with the glorious chroma on my electric alt and pair the bioluminescent mat with the tinted Godseye chroma on my water alt.
    • Like x 1