Anyone else bored?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Yes, you are not alone.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’d certainly be less bored if I wasn’t locked to only being able to buy ally xp from the StU vendor once a week. I get why it’s that way, but I’d be playing more right now if it wasn’t.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Right...
    • Like x 2
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I do that too, I alternate between DCUO and Final Fantasy XIV. At end game & super strong on both :) I'm kinda ocd about having the best stats in whatever I do lol. I'm working on my 600 level gear now. Gotta be at the top of my game :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That was a great feeling. It was so satisfying to me.
    • Like x 3
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Kinda glad it’s that way so I’m not forced to do more lol
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nope.

But then I haven't given in to the rush to get to endgame, don't feel the need to max out all my Artifacts, take breaks from the gear grind by going after feats or vendor items that grant feats, decorate/create new bases for my characters, regularly alternate between my active characters so that I always have some gameplay variety, haven't even touched on the Ally system much and can even take some time to rethink/rework some loadouts since we had some changes to Artifacts take place.

And if that's not enough, thanks to sticking mainly to solo content over the years I've got TONS of Duos, Alerts, Raids and Bounties I can partake of if I so desire.

But that's just me. :D
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Uhhhhh, it could have been worse. I would be less bored if there was a new Episode instrad of STU, but SM+STU+the potential new content is decent to entertain me.

When they said we'd get no episode until the last quarter I really thought it was going to be a much more boring year than this
  9. llllDeathstroke Active Player

I know bringing up this topic is basically considered a “Forbidden sin” at this point but facts are facts and it must be said.
    What made DCUO fun back in the day for plenty of players was the break we would take from doing PvE by going into PvP phase and having fun fighting against other players, villains and heroes would both create raids and gather up to fight at certain areas in the open world and it was absolutely legendary, however the day when Devs decided PvP should be completely abandoned, that was the day when this game took a big hit and the player-base went down pretty badly, i have witnessed BIG LEAGUES getting disbanded and OG players leaving including the games biggest YouTubers, all of that just because of “Greedy” decisions made by the Devs.

They could’ve improved PvP and found a way to make money out of it but noooo not only did they abandon it they’ve also COMPLETELY RUINED IT.

Even PvE used to be fun back then, now it’s all tied to who has the best and highest artifacts or allies, even the content is stale and recycled with 0 creativity, storylines are boring.. the brainiac ship tutorial has more enjoyable lore lol… not to mention all of the money milking shenanigans that get worse and worse and worse every month…

My point is, i feel the same as you and have for so long.. and the truth of the matter is that DCUO is a lost cause, it’ll never be the same.. and it’s only a matter of time before we all witness the last days of this game.

Fun Fact: Dozens and dozens of players sell their accounts weekly on third party websites , a dozen others end up quitting or taking long winter bear breaks. (Just an example of how fed up the player-base is with DCUO, the rest spent thousands and thousands of dollars on this game and their addiction and sorrow is what won’t let them move on to others games)

Nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Yes bored!!! save the universe is not fun. I will run Smallville elite and that's it. Dwf? Was one of the most hated raids in the census survey on raids and yet they chose that raid for save the universe. Survival mode will have speed hackers offering round 1 to 30 runs day one so why even try. pluse the new items are not even that great to me. so I might try it a couple times or not at all. might just try the new muliversus game. i already been playing final fantasy 14 cause I don't have to pay more to play after my subscriptions. No artifacts or sp just gear level and skill. no gotcha boxs just go into the market place and buy the style I want. What the new summer event will give me the Entire summer set after the first day so nice not to have to grind over and over. Needless grinding is what is so boring in dc so yes I am bored
    • Like x 1
  11. beardrive Committed Player

I don't particularly find myself bored, but I find it a little bit more difficult to get into content, because people aren't really coming online. And then that affects base items dropping on the broker, which is most of my interest, and those items are now totally commonplace and things I've bought
    a hundred times. That being said, for base designers we were a bit run ragged for several months in a row burning through content in order to get coin to get base items, so the summer is a bit of a nice time to relax, and make some new bases. :)
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not sure I get the issue? I finish every dlc coin capped so I never have to go back and run old content. Generally I’d slow down towards the end and just run weekly resets. This dlc, I ran everything till I got capped. 2 months minimum now of only having to log in for a min to get membership perks. The perks of being self employed I guess? 3-4hrs of gaming can be done while still getting work done. I suppose if I had a boss then this wouldn’t be possible. If it wasn’t this game, it would just be another.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It can be completed tho. But its definitely no easy task. It will take several attempts but if you get a bunch of people that put in the effort you will make baby steps and finsih it eventually. :)
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah I'm feeling that boredom. I'm just concentrating on getting as much stuff as I can in STU. Once I max out Renown in DM and get most of the feats in that and max out Flashpoint Wayne tokens so it'll be converted to SM next episode I'll probably more than likely just login for daily rewards and brokering till October. Or maybe work on alts but yeah no prob not...
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No it wasn't. You THOUGHT it was a great feeling....I hope now you've been 'reeducated' as to how wrong you were. Have fun how you are told...or not at all.:(
    • Like x 2
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It's because the Ally Favor is account currency and you can buy it on alts each week as well. So you can do like a raid on each of your alts and whatever else it takes to get to 15 and buy it. It would allow a legendary member to get it 16 times (32 if you bought that many extra slots), IF you wanted to do that. I don't, I just buy it on 3 and the only reason I get it on 2 of those 3 are because they did a lot fo STU last year when it launched and still had marks.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

I miss the communication with the devs - since charon left i have no idea what to expect from dcuo he used to tell us alot..

i also dont see any reason to be a member the content per episode we get is not enough and doesnt keep me busy enough, the progression/gear system for newest episode is outdated and needs more indepth and longevity boosting elements.

They got shortage of devs but it would be helpfull to know what they are interested in possibly working on if they get their studio back to its full strength.
    • Like x 5
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah a bit more information on the game's future would be nice
    • Like x 2
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Maybe they are so busy at the moment any communications like we previously had would require them to stay after work to write it all out. I for one want to leave work as quickly as possible when 5:00 pm rolls around lol. Or it could be as simple as no one has been authorized to communicate beyond what the Community Moderator is allowed to share with us.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It's probably the latter since they need to be on point going forward and don't want to make promises of development that might end up being cancelled or pushed back. I'd rather know something concrete about what's going on much later than get told something that ends up disappointing us sooner.
    • Like x 1