There is money for a new power now!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

Since the announcement of the cancellation of the Marvel MMORPG project we know that the money has been partly redistributed for DCUO, so now there is no excuse to have a new power and don't make me believe that this money is going to be used for the other projects already on the way for DCUO, because if you launched and announced such a development project before the cancellation of the Marvel game, it means that there was money before.

As you know, I think everyone has largely, very largely expressed themselves to get a new power, now you've had a nice <<liasse>> of ticket for DCUO, so it's high time to meet that demand!!!

Thank you for finally taking this request into consideration!
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

They struggle to give us a new DLC right now..... heck the next DLC have been pushed back to October....... and you want them to give us new powers?? :confused:

I think you're priorities might be out of wack a bit?? :eek:

Before then can think about creating new Powers... you might want them to be able to produce new content first?? :confused:
    • Like x 8
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, money isn't the only factor. It also takes up time and resources and needs people to do it and until the power is done, other things don't get those resources or those people. Plus there's all the planning to take into account. I'm not a dev or an employee so I can't truly know, but the resources seem fine currently. The main problem at this point is sheer manpower with how many devs have left recently and the adjusting for it. If I'm not mistaken, it's why things like the next episode have been pushed back more than usual (episode pushed back to October).

IDK how long it'll take to recover that manpower, but hopefully not very long. Despite my describing the problems with and obstacles to getting a new power and tempering of expectations, I do want more powers. Mainly animal since I have an idea for it and since nature is like 99.99% plants lmao. I would need more character slots, though, because I'm addicted to character creation and designing and have all 32 characters possible currently lmao.
    • Like x 2
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

DCUO lacks devs, you can all the money in the world but you need programmers and artist. I suggest you look at the career section to get an idea just how much devs they require. It can also be that DCUO is using an old engine that not many know how to do. In my opinion it needs to be taken down and have a room of people talking about how to fix this because this game is 11 years old yet lacks developers except for the fact it’s still making good money from time capsules booster bundles and much more….
    • Like x 4
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Oh yeah we definitely deserve new powers long overdue imo. I however think they can't even delivery dlcs atm the next one is in October a long ways off and there is many positions open.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think money was the major issue.
    • Like x 4
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I dont think money has been a problem since they introduced TCs and new cosmetics. Back in the dark monthly content days I think they reduced the team size because of financial issues, but right now the biggest problem is finding and training good devs.

You gotta remember that even though the Marvel MMO got canceled, Jack took some of the best devs and engineers with him to Jackalope Games, so there arent many resources available.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wait, there was DCUO style Marvel MMO being developed, and then it got cancelled???

Why did I even check the forums....that's heartbreaking

Oh and new powers have always been more of a tech issue, not really money

*Logs back out in disappointment*
    • Like x 2
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I take it you're basing this hypothesis on having performed a thorough audit of their budget and resource allocation plans or at least have performed enough similar audits in similar situations to form an educated guess. yeah?
    • Like x 1
  10. Darkwalker Active Player

Nothing to be upset about. It wasn't a DCUO style Marvel MMO. It looked as though it was aimed at pre teens and had the charm of a wounded prisoner with a flick knife.

https://exputer.com/news/games/canceled-marvel-mmo-screenshots-leaked/
    • Like x 3
  11. Eve YouTuber

Having budget does not equal having the man power. They JUST got the new Devs coming from the cancelled Marvel MMO, so they are not going to jump into the task of making a new powerset because Tolly said so. Mind you Episode 44 got pushed back to October. Bunch of Devs left last month- and the Development Update has nothing about new systems or powers because they don't have the man power & people with knowledge to work on it. As much as we all want new powers, no, this isn't happening. Not anytime soon.
    • Like x 3
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

I just can't help thinking somewhere in daybreak someone will be like....

-uses best Cartman voice-

No kitty, that's my MONEY!!!!
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wait you didn't the leaked graphics, it was basically Marvel meets Fortnite.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh. That is atrocious. Nevermind, they did good scrapping that nonsense
    • Like x 3
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

You should have never left in first place.

Come back here and stop having a life.
    • Like x 5
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Miss you too Wally <3
    • Like x 2
  17. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Like because i want a Blue Lantern Healer :cool:
  19. Tolly Committed Player

Yeah well, Jack Emmert worked on a lot of "old" games so honestly I doubt that's why he left ^^
    I wouldn't mind the idea at all and even if it's a heal role power 2 times in a row, I wouldn't mind that detail at all, the heal lantern is most certainly the most popular request for a new power. :p

I'd be up for something like Doctor Fate for a controller (or even more similar to Doctor Strange) and as a tank, for lack of Venom in DCUO, I'd be up for a Metal power, although there's little reference to that in DC.
  20. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

For someone like me who is considering returning to DCUO, this thread and the info within are definitely disturbing. Considering that we have not even heard (correct me if I'm wrong) WHO is taking Jack's place, let alone, not a single word from DI regarding the situation. Typically when a high profile director leaves, the company immediately jumps in to announce a replacement... it's been now, what, almost a month and nothing. Let alone not a single high level dev that's remaining has jumped into this thread, or others, to say, "Hey, everything's OK, we're going through growing pains but DCUO will be fine long-term". Instead, silence... which typically doesn't mean anything good.

Another concern is that with such high level devs leaving, and the job market the way it is, and also considering this is a very old game with a very old engine and could be considered in the twilight of development... how many experienced devs are they going to be able to hire?!? Which means we may end up with a lot of inexperienced people looking to get into the field and gain experience, which considering the number of openings, could mean chaos.

One of the biggest problems with being bought by an 'investment firm' is they usually look to CUT COSTS first, so they can turn around a year or two later and sell for a large profit. The company I work for went through multiple investment firms, dealt with the, "Sorry, we don't have funding for that" for years... and then, thankfully, were eventually bought by a worldwide corporation. So putting all of that together, it sounds very 'doom and gloom' for DCUO... especially without any updates or comments by DI.