Does the beach shades drop from the vault still?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Snowy OwI, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I have ran the vault above 60 times now and I still haven't seen the beach shades without zinc so I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten them this year.
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I haven't seen them or the beach sandals thingamajig (if they ever dropped from there, i'd like to believe they did previously).

I've run around 8 toons across the vault/seasonal almost on a daily basis. I have mostly just gotten a wide variety of different base items from previous years. I definately seems to be a wider droprate on different base items than it looked like during the Spring vault, which mostly dropped Swamp thing posters and terrariums. I don't know if that's just me being a bit more lucky with the base items this time around though.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

If its the Beach Shades with Zinc drop then yes they do.

Source: I run Vault on 17 characters every day so seen it drop a few times :p
  4. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I just did Patrol Catastrophe mission in Gotham Undersiege with my villain to see if beach shades still dropping and yeah it does:

[IMG]

(Its has 100% drop chance with this mission btw. Strictly one item drops in this mission during seasonal events. One of the Boo pets during Halloween for example.)
    • Like x 5
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh god, flashbacks to the summer of 2016, I was running everything all the time because I really wanted them and they just. Wouldn’t. Drop.
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Thanks.Ill stop doing the vault then :D ended up doing it more than what's healthy :D
  7. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

8. Jcal Dedicated Player

Beach Shades are a content drop. I have no idea if they also drop in the vault. I assume they don't because the vault goodies are strictly vendor items.
  9. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

A day or two ago I got the Beach Shades with Zinc from the Vault.
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Same here. With as much vendor stuff that was added to the Vault loot table, I think it's just less likely to see some of the items that were Vault drops like the beach gear.
  11. beardrive Committed Player

Beach Shades drop from vault. I got them twice so far on 16 alts. Also board shorts, beach board shorts, sandals, striped top, and something like slim striped top. All of those names are not correct but they point to the items dropped.
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I can confirm. Just ran patrol catastrophe 3 times back to back on 3 toons and got the beach shades without zinc on all 3 toons. Thank you by the way
    • Like x 3
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

You're an absolute saint for sharing this. I just got it on my last character that needed it. Years of chasing this damn thing and it finally comes to an end. Thank you so much!!
    • Like x 2
  14. L T Devoted Player

I've gotten the sandles this year but not the shades. The kites seem common for me
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I can't begin to tell you how much this thread title drives the grammar nerd in me crazy. It's incorrect, yet it's also correct.