How long is it going to ignored?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

We all know why its ignored. Theres no big secret. They can't find consistent ways to make money off pvp so they left it to die. Its as simple as that. Epic games did the same thing with their pve mode in Fortnite. PVP Fortnite was making more money so they left their PVE mode to die with no future updates.
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hasn’t it already been stated that nothing can be done? Like the old spaghetti code is too old and no devs that built it are around anymore so the only way to “bring it back” is to completely dismantle it and rebuild from scratch which would probably have negative effects on PVE and take years of development time? Which obviously has a huge impact on the bread and butter PVE side
    • Like x 2
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We’re not dictating anything. The devs dictated it eight years ago and we just keep echoing them…and reality. This is like saying “stop telling me I need to accept my loved one’s death. You’re just making dismissive remarks and not providing any real solutions regarding my search for a method of resurrection!”

There’s nothing wrong with hypothetical discussions or debates. They can be fun which is why I wouldn’t see any reason to remove that section of the forum. But when I see y’all veer out of the hypothetical lane in to the false hope lane, I just feel so bad for ya. False hope really does suck. :-/
    • Like x 6
  4. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

It’s just sad that has been ignored for so long. So much potential lost.
  5. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

I mentioned in another thread that our PVP gear seems to function properly in Open World Zones that buff our CR and Stats.

I only PVP in zones that buff my Stats and CR because players with MAX PVE stats won't completely stomp us while we're wearing PVP gear. In fact, it's the total opposite. Try it for yourself. Go to Death Metal Washington and wear your PvP gear with the 350CR buff. When players wearing PVE gear attack you...you'll see what I mean. It feels great! I feel so powerful!

If they cannot balance the powersets for PVP, I would at LEAST like to see our PVP gear function properly in other Open World zones outside of areas with a CR buff. (Metropolis, Gotham, Watchtower, etc.)
  6. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

I rather them just fix pvp and make pvp gear outweigh pve by a ton.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

That would be amazing.
    I would honestly be A-OK if they'd just fix our PVP gear stats, so we could combat other players in places like Metropolis, Gotham, Watchtower, etc.
    The way our PVP gear feels in CR Buffed areas is exactly how it should feel everywhere else. Dominant in every way when going against PVE gear.
    I can completely melt a near Max PVE CR Tank in Controller role in around 10 seconds while wearing my PVP gear. That's how it should feel.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, there's a part of me that will always hold out hope, but the reality is, I don't think they're ever going to fix it, They've done a bonus weekend for PVP before as well and I've asked them to do it again, it would literally just be turning on a button, right, but they still won't so they're content to let PVP wallow in its state of trash, so much so, holding out hope for the fix borders on folly.
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

[IMG]
  10. Solarbound Committed Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I wonder if PVP could be written in whatever modern program is used today, but there is a link made in our current menu to launch that program so people who want to play PVP can in a modern environment apart from the legacy code.

We use an old program at work (nearly as old as me lol) that still works but our programmers wrote a menu item into it that launches a new modern program. Maybe something like that can be done here? Idk.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The thread title always makes me think of the "it puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose" scene from "silence of the lambs".
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's the problem: That requires investment of resources...something they stopped doing a long while back. The company mandate from above has been to focus on PvE, where there is visible and mostly immediate R.O.I. (which PvP barely ever provided even during the loot lock era).
    • Like x 2
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Forever
    PvP is dead and done. Devs have said it an absurd amount of times.
    Move along
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I look forward to the triumphant return of PVP. ;)

My anticipation is spoiled only by the fact that said return will, in all probability, occur mere seconds before the heat death of the Universe. On the plus side, that close to the end of all things, there won't be time to discover just how borked the newly reimagined PVP is.

Certainly won't be time for another "Fix PVP Or Else!" thread... :p