Studio/Staff changes?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, May 5, 2022.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It comes down to the individuals as well. There are people who have no problem moving on from one job to the next (especially if, as you said, they're getting paid more for the new one), while others find themselves happy or at the very least comfortable at the company and stay on for years.

Loche was with the company under all the various names for just shy of 20 years, so I think it'd be fair to put him in the latter category.
    • Like x 2
  2. DelayedReaction Man New Player

I’m curious, not having read all 4 pages I’m curious if anyone has pointed out that staff changes happen in work places.
    Sometimes it’s not noticeable other times it is. I’ve spent most of my adult life in retail. I’m trained in 5 departments in the store I work at. I stepped down as leader in one of those departments for unexpected reasons that happened at the time. Which means I have experience in what it’s like to have people come and go and what it’s like to respect the privacy of someone who left. Now I understand the Dimensional Ink workplace is not the same as retail, but the human aspect is the same. Sometimes people leave because they got a better offer somewhere else, sometimes they feel it’s time to move on to the next stage of their life, sometimes something unexpected happens or their reasons are personal.
    Staff not staying as long as consumers is also perfectly normal and someone leaving the staff does not necessarily mean they are no longer a consumer. People come and go. Sometimes it’s 1 person that works away from the spotlight, sometimes it’s several people that work in the spotlight.
    What I’m saying is, respectfully of course, if reasons for changes were any of our business we would be informed. If the reason for someone leaving was our business the person leaving would share it. Respecting the privacy of former coworkers or not sharing business decisions with consumers does not mean it’s something bad. It just means it’s something different.

In conclusion I would like to mention it was Donna Troy that said “I do not know where I’m going to be tomorrow. But I accept the fact that tomorrow will come and I’m going to rise to meet it.”
    • Like x 4
  3. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

who was he? what did he do? who writes the stories? has any dev who has left in these last few months-year went onto better jobs or do they simmer out? what is dcuo doing to support new younger devs that know new tech then the current stuff that the game runs on
  4. inferno Loyal Player

Staff changes occur in companies, even CEOs. I can only hope for DCUO that the new people coming in will be very forceful and vocal and bring in new ideas, their talent, passion for gaming, and always try to push the boundaries of our "elderly" game.

Whoever comes in, I hope they take "ownership" of this game and not just take a seat and coast along until the next job listing.

Whether some say it's for good or bad, Jack's tenure at DCUO brought in massive changes to the game that it became almost unrecognizable from what it was before his time. I hope to see that again, whether for good or bad.
    • Like x 3
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Well I guess that explains why we didn't get a Jack's Corner letter this year? I was looking forward to it since Jack promised us new powers... Lol :D
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I told people not to believe any of that.
    • Like x 4
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Mepps should just apply honestly. 50% of the community believes he already has that much power. Might as well gun for it
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

I'm pretty sure becoming a CEO requires experience in the business and some management studying? I'm not saying Mepps cannot do that, but none of us know what he actually studied or not to be able to apply to this. And I just can't see anyone stepping into the senior community manager role. Mepps kinda his has signature on it and he is doing a good job.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Looking forward to the new changes, whoever is new in office, you have my support. I'm just glad the game's lights is still on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

(Just trying to boost his confidence a bit, he has been around long enough to see every change, & now w the devs consistently leaving, it really has to be stressful, especially w these threads cropping up lately about management changes) but i do think if he really wanted to, he could :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've always considered Mepps the power behind the throne.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. Eve YouTuber

It all depends if he wants to aswell :p I agree with you, though!

Ah Yes. The Master of DCUO, The one above all.
    • Like x 3
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

Wow.

I hope this means DCUO cuts off the loot boxes aka capsules, and just leave what's there, no more new ones please.

Also, what are you doing to scare off people Mepps, are you the smelly coworker no one wants to stand next to??? Totally a joke dont ban me please lol.

But yeah, great news, but also abit worrisome for the future of the game.
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

In an ideal world. This is American corporate structure, though. Sure, sometimes there's a qualified candidate, but in an alarming amount of cases, it's some higher up guy's cousin in a make-work job to get a title so he can fail upward again.
    • Like x 2
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Mepps for President
    • Like x 3
  16. Rok Var Well-Known Player

This is a really good point. I have whiplash from bouncing back and forth between everyone's "direction" for the game. I liked it the way it was.
  17. Rok Var Well-Known Player

This is 100% true even with small companies. I can't count the times now that I've had to train my new boss on what our company even does.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tolly Committed Player

Who is he actually? And what post did he have?
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

And what is the true meaning of life?