Faction swap tokens for Marketplace, please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, May 2, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Have you ever lived long enough as a hero to see yourself become the villain? Or perhaps as a villain you have had an incredible redemption arc and done good deeds, maybe even see yourself as a hero?

It would be great if we could somehow switch factions on a given character, transferring all their progress intact (artifacts, skill points, CR, bases, inventory etc.) to the other faction. Not sure how this would affect league status. Then you would be fully the other faction. You could buy another faction swap token if you wanted to switch back.
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

If the tech allows yet, heck yes. My male character is supposed to be a villain xD For story & style purposes. But I also want to change one of my villains to heroes. So, yeah. +1
    • Like x 1
  3. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I would spend $$$ on this.
    • Like x 1
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

I would buy it. My first toon is the only one that has two armories and can dual-role effectively. I would delete my hero toon, switch villain to hero, rename it to be like the main hero and readjust it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Maykr New Player

I wish this was in the game too… I have my main Troll on Villain Xbox-US, it is tough to get into content quickly and LFG is bare bones, forget trade chat all together.. I gave that character lots of rare and expensive mats/auras along with spending a ton of replays to unlock all my SP from my main and giving my Troll 200 arts from saving up a bucket load of Nth and caches, wish I chose Hero. After realising my mistake I’ve made sure my tank and healer are both Hero side.

Having faction change would be huge, aswell as maybe even gender change?
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm not buying crap to fix their population issues, its their problem they need to fix it

they just need to merge the factions and make us all anti heroes then it would not matter

Hall of doom is already crashed off into the water in this DLC my guess is next DLC something happens to the watch tower

and then magically something happens *who knows *

but

WE are all the same and no more population issues
  7. N-IX Well-Known Player

very good idea, even if I play exclusively hero, I support this idea, because there are excellent players on the criminal side, who are even less mean and toxic than some heroes :)
  8. AJPro Committed Player

I think mepps posted years ago that it is not possible…same reason there are still even factions…nothing recent has the experience being different…no reason for factions since like 2016
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I think that's just a case of greater numbers lead to a greater representation in both the desirable and undesirable.

I know of some villains who are so incredibly toxic they exceed anything I've seen on the hero side in the games existence ;)

Perhaps they've taken their villain roleplay to heart.

In respect of the topic itself, I'm neutral, it would be a useful option even if I don't see myself ever personally using it.
  10. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

Yes pls. Easy money, rly strange its not in game already.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Wonder also how it would affect SPs, similar to the movement mode speed feats.
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I always thought the best time to do it would be when you did your level 30 mentor mission. The villain side you had the opportunity to betray your mentor(still can with Joker and Circe but for some reason they took it out of the Lex one). But you didn't have that on the hero side. Would be easy enough to do, just change from hero to villain and vice versa. No need to change feats or anything.
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You chose to be a villain and now you have to live with the consequences. Just like in the comics. Gotta admire the devs for sticking so close to the comics. :D :oops:
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

But what if you chose to be a hero and now have to live with the consequences? :D

P.S. A lot of DC characters can be heroic and/or villainous sometimes, like Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Black Adam, John Constantine, and more............
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Wait.... Lex had a betrayal option?! Weird they'd go in and remove it for him specifically while keeping it for the others. Though for Circe at least it is just part of the mission that you're supposed to do and she's super impressed and proud lmao. It is kinda funny, though imagining being a loyal protege to Lex and then literally breaking into the Watchtower and fighting Steel, Zatanna, some Exobyte hero dude, and finally Superman and then just suddenly deciding you don't really feel like actually freeing Lex and just leaving him there after all that. IDK who'd be more confused about the whole thing, Lex or the whole Justice League lmao.

But yeah, I like this idea. Could make for a cool Zuko-style arc.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

They did say they are working towards allowing the factions to be merged and potentially able to join opposing faction leagues.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The outcome was the same in that Lex was impressed you had the cajones to do that.
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This would also work.

Have it so that heroes and villains are the same faction in PVE phases and can play together with no restrictions, in group content, making groups, even leagues as you say.

But when those players go to PVP phase their true colours are revealed :D
  19. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I literally was just talking about this a few days ago, glad someone started a thread because this has been on my mind for several months, and I mention it once in awhile in shout. The responses are always 'ikr' or 'I'd pay $' so Kudos to TheLQ on this one. Heroes and villains have a different amount of feats, but if they allow movement mode swaps which opens the door to other feats, it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, once upon a time, when Suicide Squad X became a thing in DCUO, I initially thought we would get a third faction. One in which heroes and villains would be able to group up and have access to trade in some underhanded dealings, hehe! Eventually we got 'Tell.' Some of you may recall a time when we couldn't send tell between factions. A Faction switch token would definitely bring in some revenue, but more over, an actual Suicide Squad-esque ability to team up in the open world would be great, not just for fighting open world bosses or joining queues.

I recall a time when open world pvp was all the rage and sometimes heroes and villains would just hang together, no violence, meanwhile, an all out pvp war would be going on in Chinatown. Give us the ability to group with one another, villain and hero. What would it take, a different color other than blue, purple, or red? The enemy of my enemy is my friend and ally and it would be pretty gnarly to be simultaneously attacked by a hero and a villain if indeed a third faction was introduced.