What is going on with the Switch?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DubiousOP, Apr 15, 2022.

1. DubiousOP Active Player

That was actually a screenshot of a response that a player received after contacting customer service. All that has been said here officially is "later this April."
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

It would be irrelevant for two reasons:

1. Community Managers are nothing much further than being the company's PR, they are limited on what they can say. Some CMs do filter what the developers get informed regarding players, but, as we have developers actively using the forums, the latter isn't the case in here.

2. Mepps is a Senior Community Manager. Whatever CM you'd get for Switch would answer to him nonetheless.

I wish I could migrate my account and play DCUO on Switch, but until the servers get merged I won't even bother. But this is on Nintendo's side.
  3. Godtr0n Active Player

The real problem here is the community manager doesn't appear to consider us enough of a community to even tell us when DLC is dropping when a customer service representative gave an actual date. Mind boggling I know.

They wont officially tell us if we will ever get a merge or character transfer from EU to US Switch either when we are begging them for anything.

On top of that the lag is getting more and more unplayable every episode it would appear.

Given that the reason for the late DLC from now until always was that Switch is taking up too much development time and given the complete lack of validation as an actual community that needs told things at this point I would even appreciate if they just gave us a date that they are turning the servers off so we know to stop giving them money and go play something else...
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The community manager doesn't typically announce dates and times unless he's 100% certain.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

1. The Community Manager needs from the developers of the game to release this information. He isn't allowed, per contract, to make any guesses, specially because he will be blamed and the company's reputation will suffer, sho this isn't really on him.

2. They already did in the past. So far there are no merge plans, this was on Nintendo's side. They didn't allow a server merge because of the Playstation side of things. Yes, other game have crossplay, but they didn't allow DCUO to have it.

3. Yes, and it will get worse. The problem with Switch is that, unlike pc, users have to go through Nintendo's server AND DBO's servers to play, where PS can use the internet normally like a regular pc, so the ping on Switch will always be higher.

4. They can't give a date without having actual material ready. Could they? Yes, completely. The problem, however, is not giving a date, but ensuring no accidents will cause delays in development. Games that unexpectedly delay releases usually lose players in an irreversible way, while games that take too long to announce their next move often lose less players and recover around 95% of them when the late release drops.

Please understand, I am not saying that your complaints aren't valid. They are. You are right on wanting all of that. However, what I'm trying to say here is that, unlike what it looks, the Community Manager can't do anything about it. In fact, if they got a new one, given it would be a Junior CM, they would be even more restrained and allowed to say even less.
  6. DubiousOP Active Player

7. Godtr0n Active Player

Im sorry I apologise for being treated like crap while playing this crap game that the community manager apparently doesnt have the right to manage?! Lets not act hostile lets just suck this crap up through a tube and enjoy it. Or lets just stop and leave. Thank you for your advice. My switch is going straight to ebay.
  8. DubiousOP Active Player

9. Wallachia Devoted Player

I understand that completely. It sucks quite a lot to feel this way, specially because I too considered migrating to switch, but thanks to some RL stuff, my migration was delayed and I saw this happening. I also agree with you that it feels like you are being spat on the face to see his comment while Switch got no release yet. I mean, I am 100% sure you guys wanted to come here and scream "HEY, WHAT ABOUT US?".

I believe that your problem would be solved more efficiently if they had extra developers, even if they were only assistants to do what they were told to, working on switch.

Personally, I believe that the release on switch was a mistake, considering how Nintendo didn't allow crossplay and they only found that out AFTER the game was released on this console.
  10. CityboyInk New Player

I have always been a ps player from the start. So I was very interested when they announced dcuo was going to be on the switch just about the same time that I got one. After a week however I noticed that it was going to be rough when it came to the population, especially on the villain side. It sucks that things like this adds more of a bad taste to an already bad situation. So I wish both the players and the devs good luck.
  11. DubiousOP Active Player

With a few days left in April, we still don't have an official release date for ep 43, other than later this April. 11 Days ago Mepps said "I will make sure to get Switch-specific information public earlier." But Daybreak has been aware what day this will release on the switch for at least 8 days, according to GM Dunbar. What will most likely occur, tomorrow (4/27) we will get an announcement (possibly via twitter) that the switch servers will be down on Thursday (4/28), for the episode 43 update. smh...
  12. DubiousOP Active Player