Switch Server Downtime - April 28, 2022 - Episode 43: Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Episode 43: Dark Knights

Nintendo Switch worlds will be taken offline at 6:00AM PT on April 28, 2022, to launch Episode 43: Dark Knights. Downtime may last up to 5 hours.

Witness the thrilling conclusion to the entire multiverse to the Metal storyline. Visit a wrecked Washington D.C. and the Source Wall, challenge Perpetua and the Dark Knights, and earn incredible new gear and rewards. This episode, like all episodes, will be free for all players.

The Switch worlds will also get the Resurgence Mega Capsule with this update, and all worlds will see the launch of our latest ally, Death Metal Batman!
    • Like x 4
  2. DubiousOP Active Player

Will there be any compensation for the unprecedently delayed episode?
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No. This is the precedent and expectation going forward.
    • Like x 1
  4. DubiousOP Active Player

Will it also continue to be last moment updates for the switch moving forward?
    • Like x 1
  5. DubiousOP Active Player

or is it the switch will always be two weeks late?
    • Like x 1
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

He’s saying to expect this for every following dlc launch. It’s not their call, it’s Nintendos issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you are playing on a switch ;)
  8. DubiousOP Active Player

Actually it is not a "Nintendo issue" the issue is that Nintendo requires an approval process that daybreak has been aware of for at least 2 years. . This issue is unique to this game for the switch, we have not found another community dealing with anything similar.
    • Like x 2
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Even though it may look "delayed" compared to the other platforms, since the next release will have the same "delay"...the amount of time the content is relevant is the same. So the Switch players get a large player base to test out the content for a couple of weeks before they deal with any early massive bugs.
    • Like x 1
  10. DubiousOP Active Player

The frustration isn't the delay itself, but how this delay and all prior delays have been handled.
    • Like x 2
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Tomatoe tomatow? Nintendo requires are the key words here. Other platforms don’t require what they require so the content goes from test to launch dang near instantly on every other platform. Nintendo requires them to do extra things. So their choices are delay their launch to their largest customer base or hold all of them up to make it launch the same day as their smallest demographic. I know which option I would choose if I was the company and I know which option I would choose as the end user. Sorry but just being honest here.
    • Like x 3
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Actually, it is very much a Nintendo Switch issue ever since last year:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ts_of_rage_4_dlc_delayed_by_possibly_up_to_a/

The DLC must be submitted when it's done, and Nintendo publishes it automatically. The only thing the developers can choose is when to make the publishing visible to public, which means either delaying the release on all platforms needlessly or keep the way it is.
  13. DubiousOP Active Player

Can you find cases where it has been a reoccurring issue for years?
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

The link I posted on my previous post. It relates to other games having delays on DLCs on switch eshop since last year.
  15. Outland9 New Player

First Time? Mepps can only do so much as a community manager, Not all info is given in a timely fashion to be shared with the public. In other words, sometimes their told after the fact. Bringing a game to console with any platform is required for people to sign off on things.. this is every game not just this one. This is why most updates for consoles games are released later then usual, Porting a new dlc or update, you literally have to jump through hoops to get it done and like stated before even when they sign off on it, someone still gotta flip the on switch. Testing and making sure things work and theirs nothing game breaking takes time. Especially where youre changing the same game and porting it to 4 different locations, PC,Xbox,PS,Switch, All work different.. all code different. So yea, Dont expect your updates and DLCs to be the same time as everyone else. Sadly thats just not how it works. Also the only time you get compensation is when they know they messed up, This is working as intended..
  16. DubiousOP Active Player

I'm finding a few, one time delays. Not habitual delays, or planned habitual delays for future dlc like the situation here. BUT the issue that is still most concerning is that according to customer service from daybreak they knew the release of this episode was going to be the 28th for our server, over a week ago! Why are we just now getting an official announcement? This whole mess was managed poorly and not all of the blame is on Nintendo's approval process.

Then there is no compensation, I hate complaining about this but, anytime something isn't 100% correct for the ps/pc servers there is some form of compensation. Most recent example being the extended bonus source marks, due to 1 of the 7 days the week was active there was an issue with a few pieces of content not giving the proper rewards.2 week delay for new content seems a little worse than the prior situation.
    • Like x 1
  17. Morrigam Level 30

So everytime new content is release in other platforms switch players get to enjoy nothing for an indefinite amount of time ? That sounds like a good deal. How can anyone complain?
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We received approval from Nintendo this morning and announced the date minutes after. Whatever other information you received was incorrect or highly speculative, and should not have been shared.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll share the launch dates in a more timely fashion, as possible.
    • Like x 1
  20. Morrigam Level 30

We would appreciate that that and we do appreciate the dev team working to fix the messy lag in our server. Some of us are really frustrated since this has been an ongoing problem for the longest (the last episode being the worst so far). We were looking to get over this episode and that hopefully the lag won't be as bad on the next one, but found last minute it wasn't gonna be released on switch (you already addressed this part) and on top of that both of the bonus we had at the moment were also removed (which was never addressed or talked about). That left us with a really bad impression.
    • Like x 2