An increasingly selective community - what kind of MMO is this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Apr 8, 2022.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

Not in my experience. Groups who ask for requirements get through content way faster
    • Like x 1
  2. Tolly Committed Player

When you get to that point for a simple normal raid and that old, yes I think you really have to worry about it, because it's starting to make the game look ridiculous with such a restriction to be able to do such a simple instance, especially to gain only a few seconds or 1 minute less in the instance in question...

I think the devs would be in a better position than me to figure out what to do, because they have a development team and the tools to do it.

I am free to create another group to launch this instance, but I would have been able to join this group being well equipped and even poorly equipped, they have largely done the job for a T3 instance while remember, now we are at the T10 instance level with a stuff of this kind...

[edit]and now seeing this happen in the game, I wonder if this pince of stat on DCUO was a good idea? did it not contribute to this or, would it not have accentuated it?
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Age of Conan doesn't. Your gear, powers, and skills is what makes you.
    • Like x 2
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I used to put on light blue vendor gear on purpose.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is absolutely true. Asking for requirements isnt the same as asking for unnecessary standards though.

Asking for Cr and Sp or even artifact level makes sense but asking for a special artifact or a min of 650 sp or max cr within the 1st week of an episode launch, not so much.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's a slight exaggeration...it all depends on the time of day, what bonuses are running, what type of content is being favored at any given time. Right now I see more alert groups being put together than raids...but people are still running raids. Of course with people farming Source Marks right now and a large portion of players done with the current content, it shouldn't come as a surprise that it has gotten a little harder to put together raid groups the last few days.
    • Like x 2
  7. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Been playing MMO's since Realm online to the first actual MMO's to release Neverwinter Nights to the modern releases Neverwinter , Elder Scrolls , World Of Warcraft from public to private server and we never had these problems we never had to worry about being selected we always allowed everyone the opportunity to run content no matter how good or bad they are.

Honestly I rather run with a trash group then a skilled group they burn the content to fast and don't want to do nothing else but get out of the content when a trash group as some call it the slower burns the wipes they will listen and allow corrections to be made and they will get feats vs those who already have them and will only help themselves or friends.

it's the same for helping other progress but they just want to spam HH or FOS3 so they can horde marks to sell things not to actually play the game while sure it's nice to have unlocked content but limits should be applied to reduce it or a cool down timer before you can return to the content vs spamming it. then you got the artifact bunch who been here for years never take breaks who won't run with you or look at you if your arts are not at least 180+ but this is what the dev's have created

As a returning player who played from 2012 - 2018 returned back in 2020 for a few months to leave to return cause someone said things changed for the better been back almost 4 months I can tell you it has actually not gotten better getting in content is slower getting picked up in groups is harder and getting feats is luck but they don't care.

and at the end of the game with all the chat gossip about artifact cost being $200 to get one to level 200 if it takes 10 years to achieve it so be it you will never see $200 out of me on a video game for a artifact who ever came up with that price and grind in the company isn't very bright by any means you be better of allowing 12,000 players complete all artifacts for $50 you will see more profit it's 2022 covid impacted lives and people just don't have that kind of money and even those of us who do you won't getting my steak money for a stats boost that I really don't even need.

Those of you who think you can't heal ELITE with out a artifact LOL oh it's not that hard if you got skill points in fact it's pretty easy quit acting like your better then the rest your NOT.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Artifacts are literally just one aspect of the game. Every single game has similar things. May not be artifacts but there are aspects that players lfg for. So why single out artifacts as if that’s the cause of any of this. Back in the day players would ask for specific powers because dots would override within the same power. Players would ask for mods. Players would ask for sp. even further back players would lfg people would needed different weapons so that they wouldn’t roll need on something they wanted.

In WF players ask for specific frame or weapon set ups.

You can pretend that artifacts caused this but they didn’t. It’s a part of every single mmo in the world.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Never played that game so will have to take your word for it
  10. Controller Devoted Player

COUGH....COUGH....COUGH.....

Buff Trolls versus Conventional Trolls.......

"More Coughing".
  11. Tolly Committed Player

Now on DCUO it's sad, I feel like I'm applying for a job interview, How many SP? Level of your Artifacts? do you have such and such artifact? but how far will this go? I was afraid to have more questions with the allies, but phew, that doesn't seem to happen, for now...

As far as SPs are concerned, it goes without saying that I won't see this request as I see it with artifacts, because SPs have always been the basis of the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I used to power troll and now I buff troll. The responsibilities are the same. The gameplay is roughly the same. The loadouts are different. That's about it.
  13. zNot Loyal Player

Strich without the meta stuff your groups benefit from you would also have to put in more skill and more effort to complete same content like the LFG groups do people are asking for the meta in lfg because it skips intented difficulty since it is that powerfull.
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I frequently run random queue without even asking in Lfg. In the end, its much better to plan ahead with a decent requirement but sometimes people ask for unrealistic requirements.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Yea for reg content you mean i was talking about elite raids. I feel bad for the community having to deal with all those requirements when in reality only the skill should matter but i think all of this shows that the game needs a balance pass or some strict approach by the devs,the amount of money spending average players that are being gate keeped from entering content makes them lose out on players and money and its time to stop that.
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

You keep bringing up WF. The most popular MMOs don't have 2 roles. Or even all 3-4 roles, so it don't happen on most MMOs. Just DCUO, ESO, and NWN. It's maybe a few others, but overall, your role is your role
    • Like x 1
  17. ALB Dedicated Player

It's literally not an exaggeration. Villain server usps don't run the current content a lot. After Friday, I have to que all my current content raids
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Conventional Troll all the way. ;)

Oups.........
    I think I was just kicked out of most groups, :eek: ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mepps said they were pretty happy where the balance was atm, so dont expect much on that front.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Hmm really did he? When and where did he say that? Not too long ago he said that we have big gaps and „OP“ players.