Artifacts Swap on combat needs to be supported or limited

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Mar 14, 2022.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

Thank you, i try, i am always the first to admit when im in the know of cheese and this is a big wedge of it.

Unlike others i admit when im using the cheese to get the results i get, i also understand when things shouldn't be this cheesy unlike alot of regular posters here.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

If you restrict a persons ability to use their artifacts at least largely in the manner of tac swapping then I think you will get people quitting or almost certainly reducing their spending almost entirely. I think the developers probably know this.

These artifacts cost money to finish and potentially a lot to build if you're bypassing it naturally, they are a massive money spinner and if people cannot see practical means in which to use these things, they're just going to level 3 artifacts that work and only ever 3, it's game over for the devs at that point, no more money.

The only way to then get more spending would be endless power creep by having to make artifacts stronger and stronger to get people to spend, ironically just breaking the game in a different way than the way you allege it's being done here.
    • Like x 2
  3. zNot Loyal Player

There arent many top tier dps that will openly say what the secrets are its definetly good to have you exposing it,i assume real skilled players like yourself arent afraid of fixxes since players like you will always be better due to high level of skill i think some people are so depented on abusing the meta and exploits and once thats fixxed they arent OP anymore.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Far from crying lol, I actually respect the fact you can do it, we just disagree with regard to whether what you're doing isn't intended
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For the record, I don't believe I ever said to restrict the ability to entering inventory and making a swap, just not nearly as much as you can now. Put a 12 second timer on the the artifact slot (meaning you could go into inventory and instantly load an arti....but it won't fire it for up to 12 seconds), and you still have the ability to make a swap as needed situationally, but can't cheese it so that you basically have 5 or 6 active at all times.

And a Fire stick plays movies and music and stuff....I think you mean torches.
    • Like x 2
  6. zNot Loyal Player

They can still use them? but are we really supposed to swap during combat.. ? i mean we can say what we want, its on the devs to decide this. I myself think only a very small amount of players use this but the gap it causes is big and if the devs wanna return to a balanced game then this is one of the things what they need to fix.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hey, if you want a meta change then I’m sure the devs are all for it. I’ll even help. Next artifact that comes out for test, I’ll message everyone in the convo and tell them to keep saying it’s weak and crappy and no one will buy. We’ll shift the meta monthly if that helps. I’m sure the devs won’t mind. I always wondered why they were being so thoughtful and making sure the meta stays the baseline. But if players want a meta shift, let’s make it happen. Everyone get your wallets ready, this is gonna cost you $4-600 every other month if you want to keep up. Cmon mannnnn you can’t mean this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I would agree with a cool down, like I said, putting on the slot is a good idea, I don't think it needs to be 12 seconds, but at least long enough to make swapping to the extreme extents less appealing.

Also don't worry mate, I actually put torch ends on my Fire Sticks, I assumed that's what they were for, given the name and given they're so expensive I don't use them very often :)
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It may not be a "cheat" or "cheese", but you have to admit with certain combinations it can be trivializing to content. Which does affect how the game gets developed.

In the end of the day, it is up to the devs on what they intend for us to do. We play their game.
    • Like x 4
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I think only a small number of players use it in the manner highlighted in the video and they are very top end elite players, they don't even make up the bulk of the player population, they're often referred to as the 1% for a reason.

You don't have your average players or for that matter even all players playing elite, doing anything remotely like that, they're tac swapping, but not like that, not even close.

The reality is, if people cannot at least to some extent swap what they're using, they're just not going to bother. Why would you level for example the philosophers stone, if there's a better artifact, if you can't swap it on. Why would you level various others if you can't swap them on when needed.

The idea of swapping them on in combat isn't unintended, nor is it really the issue.

It would seem a few people take issue with the speed in which some people are doing it and although I don't necessarily agree, probably because I don't care, if you want to slow it down then fine, but taking away a players ability to swap in items during battle when the time requires it, is silly.
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Maybe a cooldown could be a option to satisfy both sides to atleast somewhat minimize the gap this swapping causes.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Do I have to admit that? lol
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

Exactly this, too many fear loosing things out of fear they are weakened, when in reality, good players will always adapt.

The fact this is so highly dependent on hardware in order to reach the levels it can is just wrong in every way.

A ps4 player has no chance, ps5 can get away with it IF they dont get the annoying and highly frequent inventory bug that stops the quick swap. A pc player on K&M can do it to an ok level, they will be limited to swaps as point and click is too slow so it makes it difficult. PC with controller and steam hotkeys, damn go to town brother perfect swaps everytime.

Just to sum up and add to what Mepps said recently regarding clipping being one of their biggest mistakes (i disagree btw) however tac swapping being done correctly and at a high level is just another more advanced form of clipping (kind of).

You swap during animation i.e cast channel ability or flurry shot etc so you loose zero damage. Think about that devs whilst you keep sitting on the fence over this.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, which is actually probably the opposite of what the OP said, as he seems to suggest the last slot is a "quick swap".

no one is probably dragging artifacts in to higher slots, they're swapping the last slot, in any case even if they were, you simply chuck a cooldown on every slot locking it in place for however many seconds :)
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Wow yea,now that you explain it further it does seem even more groundbreaking then i even assumed and PC players having a advantage ontop of this makes it more insane..
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I can tell you for a fact as someone who plays on PC with controller and on PS4, PC has the advantage...and I'm not using steam hotkeys. Also, my main PC and 'work' PC vary greatly due to their specs.

God knows how this works on the switch.
    • Like x 1
  17. C3alix Committed Player

Ive pug tanked A LOT. When you constantly see dps' use the same type of loadout and same artifacts constantly, and then listen to them complain about Throne of the Dead being the last difficult raid, it becomes normal.
  18. wisetoons Well-Known Player

I think some or most artifacts are designed for specific situations, and they would better be swappable as they are now. The thread is about asking it to be more practical and how can it be more practical, absolutely not about if it is intended or unintended. Personally i congratulate the people who can successfully swap situational artifacts in elite raids that i can not even attempt to try after many tries ending me to knocked down.
    And a big YES to Op. If we can have a practical way of swapping artifacts during combat that will be great. It leads me to have many beautiful artifacts at max level ready for specific conditions. And it will be gamebreaking for me in a very very positive way.
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I always wonder when players will start figuring out that there is a right time and place for each ally and if it’s just lack of armory lock that keeps them from doing it. But yeah, my lord can you put a spread on players in clamped if you’re ally swapping and tac swapping. Just have to have the auto answer pre typed. “No I’m not hacking I’m on a ps4” or “thanks for the report”.
    • Like x 2
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I mean if some players are advocating for no artifact swapping by all means let's just get no Allies swapping out of the way too while we're at it.
    • Like x 2