RIP Precision

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gulrick TheWanderer, Mar 12, 2022.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I mean, you sound kind of mad lol
    • Like x 4
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Drawing attention to a broken mechanic is a good thing. Complaining it got fixed is bad dps. Also, dont go down the route of name calling. Please refer to the TOS by Mepps before he shuts down your thread. Go out there and have fun and see that your damage hasnt been ruined. Just gotta press Y more.
    • Like x 8
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

I find it fantastic how this guy's arguments are "this was viable because was viable" and "smooth brain".

And he is still amazed that people are sure he is a bad dps. I am 100% sure he is clueless to the fact that he only knows how to play with an exploiting advantage is what makes him bad at the game.
    • Like x 2
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I will never understand why people take dps so seriously. I do the things and the bad guys fall down. Great success! :)
    • Like x 1
  5. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Nice strawman. You think of that one yourself, or did you have help? “Gulrick disagrees with the forum lapdogs? He must be bad”. You don’t even know me lol so how can you be 100% sure of anything? Talking out of your rear typical I expect nothing less from this echo chamber.
  6. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

It's crazy how pro nerf players assume op is a bad dps and horrible when in fact the op is actually an endgame player with decent accomplishments, definitely more than his detractors lmao
    • Like x 1
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

lmao what a flop
    • Like x 2
  8. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

It’s simple. It’s the only thing left in the game that’s competitive. If you’re not competitive, hurray for you.
  9. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

You know what’s Ironic. I’m getting labeled as a bad dps, yet the only reason bot clips are removed is because someone complained on here. Might dps were not having trouble keeping up at a competitive level.
  10. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Clearly you do. Otherwise you wouldn’t have even brought it up lol. Was that your attempt at trying to look cool? Weird flex but ok.
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hey at least it’s not a stats clamp thread complaint. That’s something.
    • Like x 8
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That would probably carry more weight as an argument/point of discussion if scoreboard chasing was inherently competitive or awarded prizes in some way, shape or form.

Since it doesn't? Just makes the whole thing seem kind of silly, especially for those who don't participate in that particular chase.
    • Like x 4
  13. Proxystar #Perception

For what it's worth, I've always found the OP to be particularly 'abrasive' lol that much is even evident in his posts in this thread like "smooth brain", but... he's not a bad DPS, so I wouldn't be spreading that or assuming that; for what its worth.

In any case I'm sure he'll adapt to the change, he's clearly upset about the change and despite the fact I disagree with the assertion it shouldn't have been changed I do offer some sympathy that this (bot clipping) was left in the game so long it had become somewhat assumed it was fine, it wasn't wrong for some players to heavily incorporate it in to their rotations and builds.

I wouldn't even go as far as personally calling the bot clipping an "exploit fix" but rather, it's simply a change of direction in what the devs want, exploiting kind of implies a player should know better than to use something, given bot clipping has existed since, 'forever' I think it's a stretch to even term it an exploit.
    • Like x 4
  14. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The
    best thing to do is spend time with sparring targets ( i like the ones in my league hall) and work out a good loadout, this will take a lot of time but in the end it is worth it. You tube loadouts are mostly trash or rely on exploits that will be nerfed anyways.
    • Like x 1
  15. CodedKills Well-Known Player

People on the forums love to be passive aggressive towards the OP when they don’t agree with them. When the OP replies back to their sarcasm with the same energy, now’s it’s the OP who’s the bad guy. Some of y’all claims are outright wrong. In the hands of most end game players no flight prec acro prec dps will keep up with a super speed dps. Fact. Using bots and hologram device definitely did help those non super speed dpses to keep up with the contrary. We need something new that’s “intended” to help bridge the gap so we don’t have to run into this again.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

"keep up" implies that flight and acro players were using these and super speed players weren't and we both know that's not true, super speed players were bot and trinket clipping as much as the next person.

Also I don't think I really agree that bot clipping or trinket clipping was substantial enough that a bad player using a bad rotation wasn't already falling behind for a raft of reasons, when I say that, it's not like people were simply adding bots to their rotation and suddenly becoming god tier, they weren't.

This part isn't aimed at you by any means, but more widely, I don't know why people keep asking for nerfs, the answer isn't nerfs it's to actually go through the flight and acro trees and actually making some of their moves more viable.

Nerfing things unique to super speed doesn't balance flight and acro it just makes all three trees absolutely worthless, if you want people to use flight moves and the like then buff those moves and make them more viable, this game really needs to get away from the mob mentality of spiteful nerfs.

In addition to that the simple way to fix flight in combat is to simply speed up their in combat movement speed, it's really that simple.
    • Like x 3
  17. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Things wouldn't get nerfed is someone of you wouldn't flex attitude towards players acting like you put out these godly damage when you are glitching to do it funny when a Precision player out dps's a might player by like 15 - 20k then talks smack get good scrub well dang who is the scrub now LoL how's that clipping going for you funny all the things that was good is either now a super charge or been completely removed from the game then you complain like man why clown box a super now bro they took dueling out of the raids exactly you abuse it you lose it or you get a new super charge maybe quit trying to break the rules quit worrying about flexing and just enjoy the game for what it was meant to be. now to go after the other things we know about.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The change to the holographic trinket was expected and makes perfect sense since it was given out as a free style/aesthetic toy to have fun with outside of combat like the SM non-combat pets or the form changes that used to drop in the Vault. I doubt the devs even conceived of it's use in combat and if they did they surely would have either disabled it's use or extended the cooldown before it was even released.

As for the bot clipping, it too was never intended but has been in the game so long and is used for many purposes, even support roles, so I'm much less understanding for the decision to essentially eliminate it. But I guess we gotta role with the punches.
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes I’m glad toys and bots were adjusted. Dps have to balance power cost, dovetails, and total damage when doing rotations. Using toys and bots pretty much eliminated 2 of those base factors. And precision was in a very sorry state. Precision for the majority meant 1 ability, 1 weapon buff, 2 clipping abilities, rsk, nvm boost, holo, and a bot. Literally everything has been a copy and paste. And the funny thing is that it wasn’t even that game breaking either yet people really think these getting adjusted ruined precision. No it did not.

There is a difference between nerfing something like flurry shot that took out the little skill involved in prec (4th tick clipping) and adjusting bots that cost 0 power and could be instant canceled. Bots are not part of precision. With them being taken out the devs can do some actual balancing. Weapons that can’t be canceled can be balanced around no powers while weapons that can be clipped can be balanced around power animation averages.

As for the speed vs flight/acro. Watch every single “op prec loadout”. Most are speed using bots/toys. People are acting like bots were what made none speed prec viable. Speed were using it too. Almost every video shows dervish and the other spin move. Flight has the same ability as the second speed ability. I’m not acro so not sure what they have.

So why is speed so much more desired than flight and acro? It’s the ability to move from fight to fight faster than other movement modes. Want an easy fix, let the other movements have a dash like speed does. Turn dash attack from flight into the base dash. If you are flight and hold down the movement button you do a dash sound effect with nothing happening. Make that actually dash you forward and flight will be balanced with speed. And give acro a special benefit of getting out of combat mode at 1-2 seconds instead of 4. Boom balance.

Some powers also have an ability to take out of movement mode. So some making claims that a flight can’t keep up with speed in hallways just aren’t creative. I’ve been called a speed hacker for getting to fights before the speed dps. I’ve been called a speed hacker for doing so as a flight tank. It’s just proves how little people actually test.

Toys getting removed and bots getting a 90 sec cooldown don’t make prec not viable. If you think it does than that’s on you. Just today when I was doing my dailies I’ve ran into some dps who used to be prec who went might lol. Maybe now they will actually show prec some love and give us a real artifact
    • Like x 3
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The acro options are as follows: nothing, nada, zero and zip. Oh wait, can’t forget zilch.
    • Like x 1