DCUO Development Update - February 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

• Theodore Ronald Brailey – Pianist (aged 24)
    • Roger Marie Bricoux – Cellist (aged 20)
    • John Frederick Preston Clarke – Bassist (aged 30)
    • Wallace Hartley – Bandmaster, Violinist (aged 33)
    • John Law Hume – Violinist (aged 21)
    • Georges Alexandre Krins – Violinist (aged 23)
    These men were the “guys playing their instruments while the Titanic was sinking.” They knew they were dead. They showed us another side of bravery, how even in the face of death that they could still touch another’s life and try bring them some solace. These guys didn’t say screw it we’re dead, they kept at their duty. I hope their memories are always honored. What they did was amazing to me.
    • Like x 7
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Hmmm?
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The work for this should actually wrap up soon.
    • Like x 13
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks decent overall although i was hoping for PS5 client in Q2 since it was already planned for 2021. :oops:

Also, will we get a Blue Beetle inspired weapon style? That was one of the best parts of the voting picture back then. Could be the member exclusive 21 day reward. :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

Hmmmm?? •_•
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

ThsiGuy89 said “ Yall remind me of the guys playing their instruments while the titanic was sinking anyways lol.”. So I was enlightening everyone as to who those ‘guys’ were and what special men they were.
    • Like x 6
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That’s awesome, thanks so much. Really looking forward to that addition as are a bunch of friends.
    • Like x 2
  8. Magician Dedicated Player

Finally we are moving past METAL. Here's hoping the game will be worth returning to this summer
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I’m so excited for the next DLC. I thought Darkfather was Allfather just evil I guess but it turns out it’s Batman and Darkseid combined. That’s going to be very interesting. I’m so excited for the new ally being Krypto, definitely getting that ally whether it’s from a TC or not. What’s even more amazing is I’m looking forward to all of these things to come. Can’t wait to see more.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Have to co-sign this right here. This needs to be prioritized, cause swapping Allies around for different situations is abhorrent at this time.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Mepps replied up above. Sounds like it’ll be here pretty soon. Time to finish a few since every single one of my load outs will be using different setups.
    • Like x 1
  12. Owlman Earth 3 Level 30

I just hope it has the death metal superman style with the superman emblem on it, and not this little copyright story in the most iconic super hero symbol
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Getting a style with a Superman/House of El symbol built into it has never been the issue, we have plenty of those. The copyright issue is about getting an actual Superman emblem we can put on any style that has an emblem slot.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Based on the Sixth Dimension Superman style.... even if we do get the Death Metal Superman style.... don't expect the Superman emblem on it. :(
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Then.... why did we not get the S emblem on the Sixth Dimension Superman style??

Yes... once upon a time we did get the House of El emblem on some styles..... but the Copyright issues seems to be a breathing living entity that evolves over time... not unlike the name filter.

Since when we had the House of El emblems wayyy back when.... there has been lawsuits settled... and part of those settlements seems to be that the Siegel Shuster heir gets a slice of any $$$ made with the Superman copyrights..... and it would seem that DC is trying very hard to not pay $$$ to the heirs.
    Heck they have been trying very hard to reinvent Superman at least since the NU52 most likely to try to avoid paying $$$ to the heirs.....
    and possibly newer Copyright lawsuits that are rumored to be going on......

.... so sadly.... the Copyright situation.... and most likely restrictions.... is evolving over time.

Yes.... once upon a time we had some House of El emblems added in the game..... but sadly..... that time seems to have gone the way of the Dinosaurs. :(

Guess we will have to wait and see to know for sure.

EDIT; For example DC needs to pay "6% on gross revenue, other royalties"

Link to the Article; https://sandiegolawlibrary.org/superman-ownership/
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What does that mean?
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Usually when people ask why oh why we cannot get a new Superman emblem in the game.... Copyright issues are mentioned as the reason why.

Probably what he means by "copyright story".
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just to clarify a little bit - we have many suits with the S built in. We have some suits that might be S worthy, but we have left it off because not everyone wants an S all the time.

It's also not at all related to copyright. We have a license to DC stuff. We still have to use their intellectual property as they see fit, and we work together on this constantly. Everything we do gets approved.
    • Like x 7
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Good to know.

Could have sworn copyright issues had been mentioned in the past.

As for the built in S and not everyone wanting it.... How about making an alternate version??

A version without the built in S for everyone not wanting it...
    And a version with the built in S for everyone wanting it??

We do have a Variant Vengeance back piece....
    a Variant Punchline Gloves....
    a Variant Aeronaut head piece.....

So.....

Why not a Variant Sixth Dimension Kryptonian chest piece with the S??

Just a thought.
  20. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Are there any plans to unite pc-ps with xbox and/or switch servers?
    • Like x 1