DCUO Development Update - February 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

still a far cry from having to respec before armories
    • Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

nice that will free up bank space a ton

now if we could only make catalyst act like augments were we gain them but they don't go into inventory would free up like 10 rows of inventory space ( or something really to help with the thousands of constant drops we get. cant we do like we did with source marks and consolidate catalyst into like 3 or 4 )
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Washington, D.C., was created entirely for this Doom DLC. It never existed in the game in any way, shape, means, or form, prior to the release of this latest DLC.

It was not "already in the game."

Which is a pretty basic fact to miss.
    • Like x 3
  4. Hamicrux Level 30

I'm referring to the fact that it will also be the new open world for the next episode, just "battered."
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for clarifying.

But given that there's a small creative team and we know that two designers are new and being trained, it doesn't seem reasonable to expect brand-new-from-scratch open worlds every single DLC. Or even from most DLCs.

It would be great, sure. But I can't fault devs for needing to work within defined limits of time, money, and number of employees available.

Also, there is a difference between just reusing an environment, such as, say, doing another Central City, but with different inhabiting threats, and creating a largely new environment out of the wreck of an old one, such as Gotham Wastelands, which bears minimal resemblance to actual Gotham.

But, sure, obviously the more original design work, the better. But I blame any lacks on the budget decided upon at much higher levels than the devs.
    • Like x 4
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I tell ya, man, if we don't get BatRex as an open world bounty in the new dlc, I'm gonna be pretty sad. . .
    • Like x 3
  7. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Devs is it possible to make a combat reactive blue beetle hand aura etc for the upcoming TC? Like when you are in combat only your hands change to various blue beetle things, for example a big blaster arm or something like that.
  8. Kryptostar New Player

I am so happy it's the end to the Metal storyline! If I have to see The Batman Who Laughs any longer, I'll get physically ill. Looking forward to future content.
    • Like x 4
  9. Eve YouTuber

BatRex must make it to DCUO!!
    • Like x 1
  10. RyanLantern New Player

SM coming in summer ?
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

I want new expanded habilities for existing powersets and iconic powersets expanded too with new iconic powers, the animations and VFX already exists.
    • Like x 1
  12. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Check out the street intersections. Seems like they have been in the game before.