Devs:Stat clamp to old content is quite obtuse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That’s cold. Just like an ice-sosceles triangle. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

nice, so would you say that we do not have the right to the stats that we've earned? is there play data to suggest that the stat scaling did infact repopulate older content? why should a area 51 run take 20mins? how did doing this make it easier for newer/casual players to catch up.

where is the director letter. is there a director? will the game director address stat clamp? i understand that stat clamp was put in because the whole no loot lock thing... but who asked for there to be no loot locks? id gladly go back to loot locks if it meant i could breeze through area 51 again. when will the silence be broken? i see theres a dev stream today, will we finally get more fruitful remarks then what we've been given over the last 2months?

heck while im at it, why was the link in my bio changed to being bug confirmed recently but never word on a fix. the last game director told me it would get fixed 5 years ago when the dlc first came out!
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I disappear for two weeks to play Pokemon Legends and I come back to another 9 page clamp thread. Mind you, before the clamp, disappearing for two weeks would have been unthinkable. Having one’s stats capped does take the shine out of obsessive completionism.
    • Like x 3
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

pffft I do a yearly DC cleanse at the end the of the year and take a month or 2 off. I'll catch back up lol.

Ah a fellow Legends player. How you liking it? Everything but the battle system is super fun to me.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I love everything except the Souls-like bosses, and the oversimplified battle mechanics with key moves missing.
  7. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

True.

I have to say I LOVE that mepps showed up and told the usual suspects to stop arguing legal rights.
    I personally had to point out to those folks numerous times we are not now nor have we ever been arguing rights. We argued what we had, what we earned, and what we prefer. And they keep hammering away at fictional arguments no one has ever made. Not once did we argue rights or what the company could and couldn't do.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Capping anything like currency, base item limits, stats, has always been looked upon in a bad manner.
    • Like x 3
  9. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

The fact that you or those responsible won't acknowledge and take serious the legitimate thoughts and concerns players have regarding the stat clamp is simply mind boggling. Would really like some honest feedback to the valid and articulate points many have brought up regarding the lack of an option to opt out of the stat clamp at the loss of source marks.

But I can't say I'm not surprised so carry on I guess.
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

But these things make sense top cap for various reasons.
  11. STsource Well-Known Player

I'll keep this simple;

It took me years to build my characters and now they are being clamped in old content? I want to be able to use my current CR etc etc cause I've earnt the right to do that.

I'm taking an extended break until stats clamp is fixed.
    • Like x 3