Hey, can we get John Stewart to stay on the ground in UUE?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

2 days in a row now, when we get to the Sinestro fight, our friend John Stewart is having such a good time flying around during the fight, he forgets to come down before throwing up his protection bubble. Now while that's fine for a flyer like me...there are a FEW runners in this game who can't quite make it up...hover...and stay there for the blast.

Not sure if it's a bug, or just a coincidence, but unless it's intended to try and make the run tougher, maybe it can be changed?
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

At least he shows up to fight with you. He AFKs after the 1st boss fight for me.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Had it happen, even though I wasn't in the animated shield, as super speed, as long as I still directly beneath where the shield was in the air I did not die.

But I agree, yes it is disconcerting. :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Sinestro dont scare me, john stewarts hard light shield is weak anyway pfft……..
    Lol yea so he goes afk on us sometimes and stays afloat. Its no bueno
  5. Controller Devoted Player

GREAT THREAD I've seen dude ALL OVER the place in that duo lol.

STAY STILL John.....maybe we can place a television in the duo and have it play "Old Yeller" shows as he's reported to love in the JLU series.

[IMG]
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Here's a tip, or little known fact maybe:
    As long as John is in the fight area, and reachable with a jump (double jump), you'll be fine. This could be a glitch, I dunno, but as long as you get into the green shield, for even a moment, the damage will not affect you. I had to jump yesterday to get into the shield, didn't time it right, and landed on the ground when Sinestro did his attack. I didn't take the damage.

Decided to see if that was the case on my alts, rolled into the shield, then back out, no damage.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One thing at a time....
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I got it on video, trimming it and sending it in late today. We saw it up there and I was all "That's no moon" and then we died. Like you do.
    • Like x 2
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Sent Millbarge a video, we managed to capture his weird diagonal pathing into the high corner.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jaelia Committed Player

+1 yes I completely agree happened to me twice and was so confused as which it was a bug or just him?
  11. Millbarge Developer

I've submitted a change internally that should take care of a few of these issues.

In an effort to get him out of the Umbrax Pools - I had him "flee" if he was in them. This was apparently the wrong decision...
    The new change will have him head toward a player when he is in an Umbrax Pool. This should get rid of the rubber-band pathing he was doing, and put him in a better location for everyone.

I'm not exactly sure when the next hotfix will be - but it will likely be soon™

-Millbarge
    • Like x 9
  12. Jaelia Committed Player

Thank you! :)
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ahhh, 'soon'.....the same time I tell my kids they could have anything they wanted growing up, or the time I'll start dishes or take out the garbage now...'soon, honey....soon'.

We'll be patient.
    • Like x 1
  14. Millbarge Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is John Stewart being in the pools a bug? Just stay in the safe zones inside the shield. Makes it more interesting if anything.

The shield is to protect from Sinestro's skull.

If the pools are covering the entirety of the shielded area then fair enough. But having small safe zones keeps it interesting imo.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I though Jon Stewart was helping Sinestro because he is secretly an EEViLLL Ultraviolet Lantern. ;)

He is Sinestro's first recruit in the Ultraviolet Lantern Corps in the comics..... so I was waiting for the reveal that Jon was secretly a Ultraviolet Lantern and that he was working against us all this time.

Guess I was reading too much into Jon's actions in that mission. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Magnificent Loyal Player

Will that keep him from putting his bubble up in the sky as well?
  18. Millbarge Developer

It should, yes. I also added some stuff so he should ground himself temporarily to help with that.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is my fav dev reply ever. lol
    • Like x 2