Dev Discussion Episode 42: The Sixth Dimension (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Dec 9, 2021.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Upon further investigation I would also advise against artifact swapping while the screen bug is ongoing if you are on Playstation 5 during the Warden Lois Lane fight.

The screen bug seems to be more likely to occur in normal, elite and elite+ stages, and more likely to occur with smaller build characters. Still looking into it.
  2. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Yeah, I already don't do it when that happens. Kind of infuriating but gotta deal with it.
  3. Stranger Well-Known Player

Would be great to get a response!
    Small info: We've had the case today, that Superman dmg'd himself from 50% to 4% somehow. I couldnt see what happened.
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Had this last night in Stage 4, it happened shortly after Flare and was also around midway through the fight. I don't know if he used Heat Vision on himself.

One second he had 55% health, the next he was down and we got cutscene and loot.

(I have privately messaged the devs with a video showing this)
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Question: To those who have experienced the 'Superman KO'ing himself' bug.

Did it happen during mirrors or was he in line of sight of his own heat vision?

Were there any pets active and did anyone in group do a large amount of damage in a short time (via scoreboard or parsers)?
  6. Quixotic Developer

Looking into Superman finishing himself off. Haven't been able to reproduce it which makes it difficult to find the cause or verify a potential fix. But I'll see what I can find.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  7. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yea i think he was standing in his "last" mirror, where the laser ends. But not sure if that caused it.
  8. Quixotic Developer

Haven't had any luck getting Superman to finish himself off so far.

Added some checks to Superman's portal ("mirrors") heat vision attack and a couple of others on the chance that those are involved. While trying to reproduce this it didn't look like they were hurting him but maybe there's a fringe case somewhere and hopefully this will block those if so.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  9. Time Beacon Active Player

thats what she said
    • Like x 2
  10. ObviouslyPepe New Player

Anything you could tell us about additional feats being added to the raid in the coming weeks?
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

Try giving him a nice picture of Lois and a bit of privacy.
    • Like x 4
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I have heard from a trusted source that this issue is still occurring on occasion.

For those who have experienced the Superman KOing himself bug, does this occur after several wipes of the boss? Or on first attempt?
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This occurred during Stage 4 of the elite version of this raid.

The add in the jail got bugged for a few moments and went into 'evade' mode.

Kind of annoying, I could have saved my group from a wipe had this not happened. (The other heal was handcuffed at the same time)
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Superman killed himself again (in S5). Right after wipe he reset and then killed himself. Through the fight resetting just before it also granted the group the feat part for Social Distancing feat.

He also didn't give the group loot. (those who weren't loot locked)

I have sent video in private message.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The only thing I noticed different this time was when Superman reset after wipe he had an aura on his head. Maybe that killed him?

(Speculating)
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The 'Superman ending the fight prematurely' issue is still ongoing, and happening to several groups and some groups I have been in, especially but not exclusively in the higher elite stages (S4, S5).

The common denominator is to wipe on Superman a good few times (at least 5 but likely more). It can happen upon Superman resetting after a wipe, but can also happen mid-fight. It is not specific to servers, platforms etc.
    • Like x 1
  17. NotImmortal New Player

It seems to be happening when he is trapped between the mob sets or anything like the trophy cabinet etc. This happens most frequently right before the 3rd set of ads. If this is of any help sometimes he will damage himself to a point where he is very low on health and sometimes he just finishes. This still needs to be looked at please.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I have noticed some frequency with Statue of Superman being present at the time or shortly before. Could also be something worth looking into.
    • Like x 1