EU server - the low endgame population issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The reason I didn't ask the question of the US people is because it's not the US server's population at issue, that being said though and in entertainment of the hypothetical question in any case my answer would be no, I wouldn't be prepared to surrender my name ;)

I guess the reason I was hypothesizing in the first place was because if the EU server has a population problem, the people could ask themselves what would you rather have, your name or more people the play with and the only reason I also raise it, is because in my mind other than latency issues "name conflicts" must be up there as the biggest logistical drama impacting players themselves.

It's worth noting also however, I don't think latency is a big deal really anyway, you play on US PC server as well yea and I'm sure you could attest it's far from unplayable :)

Off on the tangent of bans I do agree, there does need to be some permabans and those could just be the most egregious, I don't think they all need to be perma either, just for people that obviously have multiple previous bans, especially if it's for previous exploits.
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Agreed.

You are very lucky that you are in the last active endgame league on EU though at the present. Most endgame leagues on EU are now down to 2-4 active members at best. Otherwise getting a SDe group is a huge long shot regardless of faction.

Very few players will be running SDe S1 daily, let alone S2+ on EU. In a few weeks will be even worse.

Either way it doesn't look good going forward for the EU server unless a miracle happens.
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

Yesterday I did the elite raid with villain league :D
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I respect it but sounds more like a conspiracy theory than anything. STU is a long term update. They wouldnt spend over 6 months working on something that brings low profit just to close the game right after. If the idea was to milk the players they would have done a full raid episode full of impossible drops lol.

Anyway, this isnt very constructive, so Ill end here.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Good for you!

There will sometimes be those lucky situations where you log at the right time and the stars align. Just the odds of that happening are way less than a week ago.

I play another MMO and I also have a life and job outside of gaming so the dice is far less likely to roll for me than before when it comes to running certain content in DCUO.

Also if your a tank, especially a good one, that puts you in a very fortuitous position.

Come mid-late January or February I'll bring up this thread to see where we are.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Some people are just lucky like that! :p

(just now got to the halfway point of MSQ and I was suppose to have had early access :(
  7. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The main problem is the timing couldnt be worse. We had a bad episode release, followed by mass bans and a elite+ release on top of a worldwide holiday. The best thing right now is to wait 2 to 3 weeks so we can have the developer update.

My only concerns right now are they not being able to fix the servers issues to get rid of the daily downtime and the next episode coming out only after the third week of april. Because Im not sure the game can hold on for so long just with a potential SM and anniversary event.
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I knew from a mile off that a December release would result in a bad episode launch, was just a question of how bad following Metal Part II. Heck we didn't even get a reveal livestream, almost as if the devs didn't even want to promote their own episode.

The mass bans were the result of arguably the easiest and most accessible exploit in the history of the game, that would have been a much bigger deal with a bigger population. This should NEVER have made it to live. Regardless of the outcome of this unless there is a miracle this is probably the beginning of the end for DCUO as we know it - and this isn't hyperbole this time around. You might do OK for a bit longer on US hero side if you are lucky.

The powers that be (I don't think it is necessarily on the devs) gave the few devs on the team a ridiculous deadline at a ridiculous time of year. I said previously on many a post on here to postpone the episode to January if needs be. A December release was always a disaster waiting to happen. The dev team (or rather the powers that be) prioritise money and deadlines over everything else in this game and at this stage something is going to give.

Elite+ is something I will look forward to running one day hopefully. Tis a long shot at the moment. Gearing up and running that is the sole reason I am still playing at the moment. There aren't even any base items for me to farm :/

I also wouldn't be surprised if future 'episodes' are just simply Save The Universe events.

EU server was already becoming quiet, and a lot was resting on the quality and release of this recent episode. It hasn't got off to a great start sadly.
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Yeah, december episodes are the recipe for disaster. They have about 1 week to fix every bug and even if they manage to get it perfect, the most dedicated players become hostages of the tradional holiday lower population.

This time around it shows they didnt even have the time to get everything done right, as there were no new base items or artifacts. And the last of piece of content being STU means we have 1 really relevant raid/alert/duo to run when its usually 3 raids, 2 alerts and 2 duos/solos at least. This episode had to be perfect yet it managed to be worse than Legion and STU.

That said, I dont think its the end of DCUO or anything close to that, we've been much, much, much worse with Zoo and KCT, when even US was unplayable. I remember when zoo was around I could barely get a group to run regular outside of peak time. If they make a mega server and the mega server becomes empty Ill lose my hope, but they still have multiple tricks to make the game better.
  10. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Me and my son actually played on the switch and by the stars he said where is everyone. The switch version is even lower then I thought I won't be spending much time on that version only because there are other games I find more enjoyable on that platform.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Here's Mepps' quote from my thread about Megaservers:
    • Like x 1
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

This was wayyyyy before they said on discord crossplay was being discussed though, maybe with EG7 on charge things have changed a bit.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

It was and they said they want to do Crossplay, but it still kind of said a few times on discord too. I was pointing out the latency as a receipt on why they are hesitant to do US/EU server.
    • Like x 1
  14. Elusian Crowd Control

Depends, theorizing again: If US names are the ones that being ruled over EU names, I wouldnt even care cause I'm holding the names on US side that are relevant to me ^.^

On the other hand, I do have actual latency issues on US so not looking forward to it at all.
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve barely played the new episode. The game was basically unplayable with sound randomly dying and the inability to fortify putting severe pressure on inventory space (I don’t care what a bunch of forum cheerleaders say, these issues were gamebreaking for me), and now it’s Christmas. Hopefully I’m not the only one and things pick up in the new year.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Fair enough.
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yup its getting very quiet on EU server for endgame content, specifically the elite raid.

Very few players run S2+, S4 is impossible to find a group.

I know there was talk earlier in the thread regarding the future of elite stages, which I will post in a separate thread shortly. I didn't want to go off a tangent on this thread, but perhaps with the recent change in circumstances this discussion may be needed.
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player