EU server - the low endgame population issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Just a curious question, if, for the benefits of increased server population, how many if any EU players would be prepared to surrender their character names?
    • Like x 1
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Considering they already went through that before, probably almost all of them.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Can't speak for the server. I would have to get back to you ><
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That is interesting.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, you’re thinking what we’re all thinking now lol
    • Like x 2
  6. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Countless players wouldn't even have to, as they're able to use all sorts of special characters for their toon names. There's Bätmán Süpêrmån and Wønder Wômän for some random but likely examples :D
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I was just contemplating it, wasn't expecting you to know or speak for them, how many do you think though if you were to guess?
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Oh yeah I know, was moreso just meaning the English ones :)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Goes to show in my opinion the disproportionate level of focus that's been going on that content, that or they've perhaps yet again got the balance wrong ;)
  10. Zero303 Well-Known Player

villains on eu is pretty much dead yea..rip.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Was fine until the suspends.

As much as I want elite content to stay and that's one of the main reasons I still play DCUO, the hit on the EU endgame population recently is going to add substance to that conversation whether I like it or not. Which personally I don't.

Especially the difficulty stage situation.

(The data will reflect that with only a very small number of players on EU server beating the higher stages out of the remaining endgame population.)

But we are going off a tangent and that is a conversation for another thread.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah for sure, sorry didn't intend to derail :)
  13. Requake Dedicated Player

For all I care, all these 'word names' can just disappear. Imagine being in a raid with people called Buy, Shop, ..

Anyhow, I got my hands on the name Steve during the name reclaim, I would probably have to compete with a US Steve that is cr 45 with 12 SP. Chances / odds are in my favor, but if that meant for the game to have some people in it again, I'd give it away in a heartbeat.

Onfortunately, this will only be a temporary fix in my eyes. As I mentioned earlier, I don't see enough people being able to make the jump to said endgame. Effort or money wise.

It's as if they're trying to milk the last bit of cash out of the game, to shut down the game in a couple of months / years (and yes I know this has been said a billion times before, but that's the feeling I've been getting)
    • Like x 2
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Don’t worry y’all, Captain Derailment is back. On topic, strangely, maybe the population has dipped a bit more due to LPVE week? I’m sure you guys took a hit with the suspensions but I’d have thought that would be less end gamers and more general population since most end gamers already have a lot of maxed artis. Double currency event should be sort of soon and then you should get a real feel to how many are still around just not constantly running newest dlc.

Edit: forgot that it could involve the op pieces so never mind, end gamers are plenty likely to be involved
  15. Tolly Committed Player

Now with this possible decision to ban its players permanently, the devs will be very easily accused of voluntarily wanting to kill the game and for many, with the activity likely to take a strong blow on the EU server, it may quickly be taken as a confirmation and not, anymore a doubt. In the end, in addition to losing its 800 or so players, it will be without counting those who will be confused to be on a game that has become empty/less active because of this, plus the friends of its banned players, without forgetting those who see this decision as a bad choice, in addition to the impact on the leagues. This has most likely already started ^^
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

DCUO is like 70% of daybreak's profit. They have a PS5 launch planned, half a decade of paid license, graphics updates in the work(kind of) and are hiring more people. Why would the game be shutting down? And why would banning people help them milk more money?

Unless WB cuts their license, the game isnt likepy to go anywhere. They need DCUO shining to show the Marvel players and investors they can hold a profitable game for long.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Is it also possible that the population drop is a direct result of Endwalker releasing for Final Fantasy XIV? I mean people do play more than one game right? I have been splitting my time between playing DCUO and waiting in the FF14 login que. Very little playing of FF14 but a lot of waiting lol. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Elusian Crowd Control

Based on how the last merger was handled, the question could be asked the US ppl too :D

Anyway, had no problem to run a raid once a night or more. I hope some permas will simply happen based on how much they exploited the glitch (based on past handlings I have no hopes though and it will be even worse on the next one) and the minors will be off the hook after the overall 21 day ban has been expired.
    • Like x 1
  19. Requake Dedicated Player

I never said that.

It's just how at least the last 2 DLC's felt to me (3 if you even count Save the universe as a DLC)

Personal opinion. Subjective. I'm sure you will get this.
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I have been playing EW as well but done the MSQ just before episode launched on DCUO. Now I play casual as on work days I don't have time spare for 5k queues :(
    • Like x 1