New Powers..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SigmaAtom, Dec 7, 2021.

1. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

Retired ages ago.. 99% of my friends had left. Which I felt was due to no new powers.
    Mepps confirmed that no new powers were coming.. pretty much ever.

I wander by here every now & then.. and wondered if this stance had changed?

Sigma

---------
    Mepps said the maintenance was too much work for the team.. but this made me too sad they didn't finish the Lantern trifecta.. opinion: I think new powers would keep Vets playing.
    • Like x 6
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

I don’t think anyone has ever said no new year powers ever, but no new powers for over four years and none planned or in development is a disgrace.
    • Like x 7
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jack said in an interview over a year ago we were getting new powers. Take that with however much grain of salt because since that interview two other employees have said there are currently no new powers being planned.
    • Like x 7
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

He did say they were going to work on them. They might have worked on them without nothing fruitful coming from it. I certainly know I've worked on certain creative endeavors that never quite gelled. He also said "in the future"...so that's certainly no definitive timeline.

I wouldn't doubt this Save the Universe content is a bit of a trial balloon. Doing that as an episode let them redo a lot of systems, including memberships, allies, lots of backend stuff. If they, say, plan on doing it on a yearly basis, that might ease up the work bandwidth to let them solidify new power sets.
    • Like x 3
  5. Zero303 Well-Known Player

yea im all for it but what really?
    they pretty much covered up evertyhing hidding inside each powerset.
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I’d enjoy seeing a Kryptonian powerset based off of Physiology and Sunstones. Seems like a low maintenance thing given most of the powers could be pulled direct from various places in the game (Iconic tree, Legends characters, etc). Given the amount of Superman clones running around this feels like it’d be a pretty popular request and could help more closely fill a “physical” power set look as well.

Additionally I’d be interested in Wind, Shadow, and maybe Mirror powers.

I doubt at this point they would add a new power set anytime soon, but those are far and away my top 4 picks.
    • Like x 4
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

Shadow powers = Celestial corrupted.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Here's the most recent updated response from Mepps at #askdcuo.
    [IMG]

So there is a chance.

Here is answers from a couple of months ago by both Mepps and Panderus.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  9. metal1ix Well-Known Player

If Wind is ever going to be a power, it's more than likely going to be a Controller role power due to how Aerokinesis works. Take a look at Red Tornado for a prime example.

Necromancy - given how powerful undead can be in numbers, Tank role. Unlike other tanks that focus on pulling monsters to them, they can summon undead that chase down enemies and focus aggro on said undead pet(s).

Shadowmancers can also work for Tank since darkness is considered a void to all energy outputs.

I can't really come up with a new power for healers to balance out the trinity of new powersets coming out as a series, but what I would like to see most to see diversity is mentioned above.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

If there is new powers (how ever long that takes) hopefully they're able to release three one for each Support role to balance things out.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tree Well-Known Player

Think harder, Devs.
    • Like x 3
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Id like:
    •Shadow “Troll” (ive had a character waiting since 2015)

•Voodoo “Troll” (take control of enemies & use them against each other)

•Elasticity “Tank” (contort into objects to boost defenses)

•Expansion “Tank” (Legion proves its possible. Grow to increase defense, shrink to increase evasiveness, etc)

•Parasitic “Heal” (drain your foes with the powers of Parasite, healing yourself & others)

•Something like gadgets/muni, but in Healer form. Something that heals with manmade devices
    • Like x 2
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm all for more new Powersets, but Honestly I think we have the resources right in front of us to make certain Powersets of our own, like the Iconics tree, if you look at each tree of Powersets, it's suppose to diversify the Powers, so If you want to be exact, in this game one Powerset equals two, theoretically given that one tree for a Powerset takes time imagine two.

I would rather existing Powersets and Iconics tree be given a nice make over to updated visuals and probably remove or and replace, add certain abilities etc.
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It means there's more than a chance. It means they're beginning the concept-ing / planning process for new powers internally.

*clutches pearls* Well, I'm shocked. Who would have predicted that they'd add new powers after the CEO said they'd eventually add new powers?! People on the forums told me he was lying and that toxic YT guy called me names and told me I was wrong and I believed him. /s

ps I'm so grateful you're so meticulous about these receipts. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  15. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

Actually.. back in March 2020 I came up with this system:
    Full thread here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/streamlined-system.307677/

TL : DR .. every three years we get three powersets, one from each content branch and each class.
    • Like x 1
  16. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

This post gave me a chill
    • Like x 2
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I will always say we need a Smoke or Darkness based power until i have it =-)
    • Like x 4
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

dont agree but I see where your coming from.

I want no light in my Darkness :D
    • Like x 3
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

after looking of course at other MMORPGs, some wait around 4 years too, to have a new class. I'm in favor of new classes too and even new spells, but I think that we would especially need new spells for all the powers of the current game, this in order to be able to rediscover our powers, create new builds and see new animations
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

you can do that now there is no need to use the same rotations for a power as everyone else most powersets have many ways to be played. it might not be the META for that power but it wont be as far off as people say
    • Like x 2