Please fix the brokers, this is ridicoulus.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Dianatique Well-Known Player

So I had covid at the beginning of february and I had to be quarantined in the hospital for about like 2 months (I kinda lost track of time too since I was literally hallucinating and trying to recover as best as I could.) I didnt' get to play DCUO during the valentine event at all and I was bummed out, the two seasonal events on DCUO I absolutely LOVE is Valentine and Halloween.

after my quarantine and recover I had to work to get my economy stable, so I didn't get to play DCUO for ANOTHER 2 months again.
    Now joining back a few days ago, I was looking at what the valentine event had, and they had a new hairstyle called Ferris Heiress Hairstyle, and I was like "I NEED THAT SO MUCH"

however, the event is far from over (bummer) and the ones selling it on the broker is 250 mil for ONE PIECE OF HAIRSTYLE.

Now this is what really bothers me is that after all these years and years of updating the game and working on it, the developers have not cared a single THING about hte brokers, people can put up a PURPLE aura for 500 mil and walk about their day.
    Seriously developers, please fix the brokers, they need a great redesign and overhaul.
    and prevent players to overprice items that SHOULDNT be overpriced.
    and also about the event items, please make it so that we can SOMEHOW buy the items, I'd be willingly to put 60 dollars for that ONE ferris hairstyle cause I just want that, and nothing else in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. C3alix Committed Player

The broker isn't broken.

This is how the community likes to sell things.
    • Like x 9
  3. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

This is how players that duplicate auras, materials, and collections like the broker to work. And now you can purchase money from a third party site, which only feeds the problem.

The market for things is massively inflated.
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Unfortunately this is true. That person was hoping you (The OP) would be a multi-billionaire and wouldn't consider $250M any differently then you'd consider $50M (which is NOT how actual wealthy people think, but alas...). However it is actually logical for there to be a premium on it being that it's out of season. That item could very well be listed for as low as $25M a few weeks from now. I guess just be patient and keep checking.
    • Like x 2
  5. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

What do you mean by "now"? The gold sellers showed up shortly after the game launched. And I wish people would stop giving those @#!# leaches money! People complain about the gold sellers in every MMO they show up in. The thing is, they wouldn't stick around if they weren't getting buyers.
    • Like x 4
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Unfortunately as Illumin said, this is how the broker works and is not broken. Seasonals do tend to increase in price greatly after the events end. Some players will actually buy items to sell when it ends. One thing you have to remember is that you dont NEED it right now. If you dont find one that is within the price range that is comfortable for you than it is better to just wait and get the marks when the event comes back up.
    • Like x 2
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I even do this though more with dropped base items. I don't tend to run seasonal content with only the purpose of profiting later and usually stop once I have the feats and our league hall has what it needs to complete my vision (I'm the primary decorator). I might have a few marks left over at the end because I ran it to fill the time while a raid group was being built a few times. That's when I might purchase a few things to sell later.

While I do appropriately consider the lack of availability in my pricing, I don't gouge. Personally, If I had it to sell (I don't) I'd probably sell that Ferris Heiress style for somewhere between $20M and $40M. But that's me. $250M for anything seasonal is beyond ridiculous with the exception of the Azure misted aura (those collections are raaaaaare).

Side Note: When the last money duping glitch happened and the devs actually indicated they were gonna do something to step in, I DID go all out in trying to lend my armchair economist knowledge to contribute towards an ideal solution for all. I was even one of the few people trying to address the exorbitant inflation BEFORE the glitch. The result we got was far from ideal, But I did try my best...
  8. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

What bothers me most about the Broker, and why I ignore it's existence... is the fact that people price things so high that only a subscriber or someone willing to shell out real money for a transfer can even consider buying them. In-game money isn't all that hard to get. I quite regularly have a million or so that I can't access on even my less played alts because I can't afford the subscription fee most months. And I take long breaks from the game due to getting tired of running the same 3 to 6 missions endlessly.
  9. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

You'd probably be better off trying to convince the devs to have year round seasonal venders than convince them to do anything for the broker. They would of course stop selling the seasonal currency once the event ends. Wouldn't really break anything either since you'd need the currency to buy things from said vendor...once you run out that's it, wait till next year
    • Like x 2
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

All the best for your continued recovery and future good health.

That said, the market sets the price of items traded between players. If that price is too high, the market will reject it, and it will go unsold. It could be someone is being a bit of a chancer and hoping to find a buyer desperate for the item, or it could be that is in the range in which that item currently sells. Bide your time a little bit, use trade chat to try to find other sellers, and see what happens.
    • Like x 3
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was actually taking a break the game when all that happened. I came back and everyone had absurd amount of money. Next thing i knew and everyone was getting their cash cut. I did have money from before the glitch happened from when I stopped playing. I took a small hit but nothing major. Did bother me at first but when I saw what was going on I was surprised more was not done. But I do tend to take advantage of seasonals and try to make as much money as I can. However I never sell things for more than I think they are worth. I am currently sitting on A LOT of water puddles and spring items too. So i have a pile of money sitting on bank toons but I wont even put those up for $15 mil since that is a ripoff lol. I make enough money to be comfortable buy what I need. But then again I dont try to complete all collections lol.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That's somewhat correct. The market often rejects it, but often does not. I mean, that "super" guy born in 1972 does actually sell stuff somehow. More so, economic principles SHOULD apply the same at any point in the pricing scale/spectrum yet 99% of players could easily complain about something that should be priced at $100M but is listed for $200M but then turn around on the same day and buy something for $2M that should be $1M and not even bat an eyelash. I'm guilty of this too (though I do grumble as I'm hitting X). But us players doing that time and time again absolutely has a negative effect which trickles up throughout the entire market.

All that being said, at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite given my words above, I don't want to contribute any further to this thread devolving in to yet another broker economy debate. I'll bow out.
  13. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Yeah
    Not nearly enough was done to fix what the cheaters had been doing.
  14. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Lol mattSelling bagillion dollars..... I' m assuming he's still around.
    I love that guy. He cracks me up.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

OG Plasmic only 50 bil. Get yours today!
    • Like x 3
  16. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Need's to be overhauled. Introduce price caps for items and restrict trading (so people can't hold onto all of one item and set their own prices via trade). I'd love a broker system similar to how BDO operate.
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

At that point, you might as well just stop all player trading at all. Put all of the items on a vendor for a set price of buying and selling. Once you get an item you don't want, sell it to the vendor for the predetermined price and then buy whatever item you want at the predetermined price. Just turn cash into another mark system.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

You know the economy is out of whack when newly introduced items keep being sold for more than what the auction house (broker) allows.

I'd just like to see items becoming account bound after 1 trade/broker purchase.
    • Like x 1
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Or maybe it means that after ten years of currency being introduced into the economy, the upper limit at the auction house needs to be updated, but the developers aren’t invested in the problem?
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is not the fault of the broker, or the DEVs...it's the players. It's not even really a problem as long as you are a bit foresighted to sit on things or know where to farm. Example, assuming before your break you had recently played the Anti-Monitor seasonal and purchased a few of the cosmetic items there, now months later you'd be sitting on plenty of things to sell and make that $250 mil. I've seen the Speedster/Reverse Speedster items selling for 60+ mil and they were a lot cheaper than that hairstyle was, if you were stocking up. Xmas was right before and I've sold lots of the hard light helicopter DROP collections for 10m+...and those cost nothing but an inventory slot to sit on them.

Sorry you missed valentines due to being sick, but your pre-break inventory should be full of things you could make a buck on....unless you got rid of all of it....but that's on you, not the broker. The prices for your sales would be as inflated as the prices for the things you want to buy....inflation generally works that way.

Now, one thing I would agree with is that there is a 'all seasonal' vendor available year round that sells the items for the appropriate in-game currency (not cash/dbc). I know people that miss out on a few days at the end of a seasonal and don't get a chance to spend their currency. This wouldn't help you having missed the full seasonal, but many people have internet issues, sickness, family obligations or whatever else take them out for a few days and then get stuck with a bunch of marks to sit on till next year.
    • Like x 2