is there still plans for Xbox to be merged with PC/PS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've seen quite a few people here mention on the forums that Xbox may or may not be merged due to the EU and US servers being all in one. I briefly observed the LFG chat channel and it ain't moving much on the heroes side of things.

I was primarily on PC playing DCUO, but during the time span that I spent away from the game; I acquired an Xbox One and it's become my preferred gaming platform; but if the population ain't up to snuff I probably won't run DCUO on it.
    (Again.. I only briefly viewed LFG, so there could be more people.. Maybe the EU portion is just asleep for all I know.)

So.. I need to know, is there still plans in the work for Xbox to be merged and be crossplayable with PC and playstation? Or is that off the cards completely because it's US and EU merged into one?

A Dev Response is preferred and appreciated here.
    • Like x 1
  2. Vella Well-Known Player

Not sure how true this is, but from what I hear it's US and EU Switch Merge, followed by Switch and Xbox Merge. Sony and Microsoft would have to get along for Xbox and US server merge.
  3. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

This is like trusting a child’s medical advice, because they have played operation.

I swear to God the egos of some of you people.
    • Like x 4
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im really not a fan of the way Sony runs things. Because of them i cant have cross progression on smite or for honor. Im so not a fan and wish that i never started my Dcuo journey on the PlayStation.
  5. PolarisSylar Committed Player

• Like x 1
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If anything has changed we won't know until they're ready to announce it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep. OP, please avoid any /all feedback from banned accounts that purport to have sway of some sort.
    • Like x 2
  9. N-IX Well-Known Player

so true :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

This would create a huge boom for the game if this happened
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is weird to me because there are like a dozen games that are completely cross platform and they don't come close to the type of weight that an IP like the DC Universe carries.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I don’t understand it at all. Hirez has rogue company that is 100% crossplay cross progression between all consoles, but sony wont give hirez the ok to make smite cross progression. I really really regret playing dcuo on PlayStation. Dcuo is the only reason i got a ps5 instead of xbox, while yes this is what Sony intends to happen. Im not a fan at all. If dc ever gets cross progression im leaving sony n never looking back…

Look at how great xbox gamepass is then look at playstation now, sony is a joke & they’re holding players hostage to their console by not allowing long running games to cross progress.
  13. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'd give anything to be able to transfer my Xbox account to PC or to have Xbox merged (I know numerous people on the Xbox who have given up/stopped playing with how dead end-game content or lack of actual skilled players are about). Right now I have no membership and don't play DCUO anymore. So Daybreak get £0/$0 from me. If they allowed me to transfer my account they'd make sub fee + in-game purchases (of which I spent a lot). Baffles me why it's not an option.
  14. sonicTheHedgehog New Player

hopefully they merge xbox with switch xbox has a respectful community
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Their console partners won't allow that because they would lose their cut from any purchases. So asking the Devs is absolutely pointless. Nobody wants to hear that...but it is what it is.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nothing has really changed. "Plans" is too strong a word, but we retain hope.
    • Like x 8
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd take a character copy like what warframe did.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not gonna happen.
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It would be great, because you wouldn't notice any different. Besides, you're already dealing with Playstation players. If you can handle that, you can handle anything.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They can earn cash pretty quickly in a short period of time. As for the name thing....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1