Wonderverse: Why doesn't Orion give anything away?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Why is it that when you tap the Orion boss in Wonderverse it doesn't give you any loot?

It's still a boss that you have to beat with several people, it should give you a loot!
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

He used to have a random chance to give a Mother Box..... but I did not see that happen in a loooong time. :(
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's an optional boss fight. If you're taking too long killing Kalibak and Steppenwolf, Orion spawns in to help you.
    • Like x 3
  4. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Orion, still drops the Mother Box. Rare though.
    • Like x 3
  5. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I've personally never received any drop from Orion, but he has dropped me once or twice.
    • Like x 2
  6. kingmonkey Active Player

Orion is also tied to a bounty feat, so, in the long run, he does kind of sort of give you something, in terms of feat points.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As you stated, it was a random chance.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Has anyone gotten the Mother box Drop since it was added to the vendor? I saw a few before, but I haven't gotten a single one since and I still run it pretty regularly (there were probably more runs post vendor than at launch).
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Random... yes.....but it's been months and months and months since I saw a Mother Box drop from Orion.

Pretty safe to say that he no longer drops the thing now that we can buy it from the vendor.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Well, the third phase of the combat pet tier system revamp is fast approaching and the last update we had on the direction Charon was taking it was putting them in vendors and locking the tier 2 and 3 versions behind sone kind of DLC participation tracker (not renown though). So it’d be pointless and contrary to that system to drop off Orion.

Or not. Who knows…

I got the drop for the first and only time somewhere around the middle of the Legion-as-newest-episode lifecycle. So not too too long ago.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I never saw it drop until after they added it to the vendor.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I had 1 drop slightly after it was added to the vendor(cause I also was wondering 'will it still drop'), however I have not had any since the pet 'tier' change went in. Maybe the old drop was removed and made vendor only with that change vs being left as a drop?
    • Like x 1
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I came back in December of 2020 and grinded out all of the WV bounties... I had three drop total in that period.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Orion's motherbox drop hasn't been changed and, as suggested, he is an extra boss that's not really factored in to what's expected for each run.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I have never, ever, seen either a Mother or Father box drop. Ever. FWIW.
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

But the differences between "one in ten" and "one in one hundred" and "one in one thousand" are ginormous.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The entire time I ran Wonderverse, Orion gave me bupkis (even now during this Wonderverse bonus week). Only reason I have one is because I bought one off the broker a while back. Random is Random.
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It dropped for me last night.
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

My Dark Multiverse got one last night. It was a nice surprise. :)