Any plans regarding PVP feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by King Bakes, May 12, 2021.

1. MrWon Committed Player

legit, didn't know that was possible. PC master race ftw. I hope they don't lock it, it's a good thing PvP is catching the dev's attention again
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I do not think they'll lock it and that's not what the post is about. Some of us wouldn't care since it is abandoned anyway but literally nothing would have to change to give out the feats to everyone which is as close to doing nothing can be. Everything else requires doing things to pvp which as we all know by now, is not happening. The hopes and dreams bus is standing room only tho it seems
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I know....I just wanted to have a 'Vicini type comeback when he said it was 'ideal'.

The discussion is dead. At this point it's either going to get silly or get mean....I chose silly....some others are going the other way.

PS....All trees AREN'T Birches? So when I go into the forest and ask "What up my birches?'....they don't get the joke? Shoot.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The trees may not appreciate the joke but I got a chuckle out of it
    • Like x 1
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

As for me, the topic of pvp died years ago ... but it is being dug out with enviable consistency ...

If I were you, I would not go deep into the forest alone ... you know, the further into the forest the angrier ... birches ...:D
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When unable to reply on substance, bluster.
  7. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

it's no solution to the many pvp problems but double pvp currency weeks might encourage more to participate, if for nothing more than to farm losers reward
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

people keep coming back to the well because people are still drinking from the well.

Since people are still drinking from the well, we really need to work on water quality.
    • Like x 1
  9. Vengeance Level 30

Thank you for replying to a PVP related thread, may I ask these questions.

1. Should we be expecting or have hopes for any PVP Rework since it's been said that PVP cannot be fixed by small tweaks at this point and it would need a full rework

2. Do you have any plans for the near future for PVP? (This or next year)

3. Is it possible we see any changes about stats in instances so at least that will balance PVP in instances only so people can do 4s and 5s again?
  10. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Will you back off, I'm one of those old school players he's referring to that has almost all of the pvp feats finished I give a rats back end if the devs give the feats away for free as they obviously after the last 4+ years aren't attempting to do any fixes. Stop trying to block these newer players from getting a fair shake in the game to be more in line with other high sp players.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I also have most of the pvp feats, that isn't a reason in itself to suggest my position is unreasonable, we disagree and I will continue to disagree, despite what you might also say, if they want a "fair shake" in the game then they can start playing pvp ;)

Also, I guess you and I have a very different definition of 'fair shake' considring most feats in the game around 600 or more come from PvE not PvP ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Now that most people have stopped replying, I don't want the devs to think that we've said what we wanted to say about PVP and now we're going to be silent for the next few years until the same discussion pops up again. I'm monitoring this thread and really would appreciate some more input from the devs - especially since Panderus actually asked us a question and lots of people replied.

Based on our responses, penny for your thoughts please Panderus? :)
  13. Panderus Senior Producer

By no means do I want to "give out" these PvP feats that some have implied or suggested. As someone who generally likes PvP in my MMOs at a casual fun level I would love to eventually address PvP in DCUO but we have more important challenges in the near and mid term timelines to address. So not never, but not anytime soon either.

Finally, I want to make Skill Points (not Power Points, sorry, wrong game, same type of system) be able to be gained through other methods than only feats. One of the biggest issues it creates is when content is no longer played or cant be soloed the opportunity to get that power from the feats is diminished or effectively removed like in the case of PvP feats. Additionally, it makes us hesitant to change any content as to not unduly affect the feats players have earned or prevent them being earned in the future.

The final thing that feels odd in the game is the shifting importance of different numbers. You start by caring about level, then abruptly at 30 you care about CR and finally more towards max CR you start caring about Skill Points more and more as they are one of the few avenues of power left to "go back" and finish off. These transitions should be more smooth and allow for easier "catchup" for new players up to a certain point so they can be moderately competitive and join others in Elite content slightly more easily.
    • Like x 11
  14. Proxystar #Perception

If you create an alternate way to obtain SP would that be an increase to total SP or an alternate method to obtain the same number.

I ask because if it were to increase total SP I worry that newer players won't be happy still when vets increase their number of SP through alternate means as well as feats.
    • Like x 1
  15. Bantos2 Active Player

That was enough for me, thank you for responding to a PVP thread.
    • Like x 5
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I just wish we had small updates directed to fix core balance issues and stat issues from time to time, I know a revamp with maybe like seasons and seasonal rewards isn't feasible at the moment, but PvP did not get anything in like 4 years.
    • Like x 2
  17. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Appreciate the response and glad to hear that you're actually hoping to take a look at PVP eventually.

I'm interested to hear about these new methods to gain SP :)
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, as long as any balance pass is all powers at once, a piecemeal approach doesn't help and only serves to prolong and introduce balance issues once you reach the end and what you did at the beginning no longer seems to work with what you've got at the end.
    • Like x 1
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Life is not fair learn to live with it
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks for the reply, but assuming the 'give out' is off the table (at least for the forseeable future), and you are talking about alternative methods of getting SP, that would seem to pigeon hole you to either A) new SP not tied to feats, which will not address the devide between an entry level of SP and 'max' or B) you are talking about selling feats/SP, which I can tell you wont' go over well with some.

One suggestion I'd give is that if you do look to selling SP in some way (other than all the TC feats or feats which require supplies that could be farmed OR purchased...artis, catalysts, styles...etc), don't just blanket add a bunch by only age or DLC origin. Many...many of the feats people want are gated by not being able to get into things...or at least not often. I doubt many people would balk at some of those. The ones that will draw the most ire are the ones that people either put massive amounts of time into...or massive amounts of money (via replays or again...TCs). If you are going to sell them, things that took either 50+ hours of grind like the 100 WV bounties should not be the same as equipping a head aug for the first time. Finishing an elite set of gear should not be the same as upgrading a basic arti to level 20. Much like BB auras or chromas are priced higher than common styles, the price should fit the feats.

Now if you are talking about some other 3rd avenue...I'd guess most of us are all ears to the ideas.

As far as the shifting numbers, I think it's always worked ok, except that 1-30 could maybe be changed to some sort of 'tier' like 1-5 is initiate, 5-10 is trainee, 11-20 is sidekick and 20-29 is 'hero/villain' with 30 actually making you are 'super' hero or villain....where CR will begin to matter. I'm not sure it confuses more than the newest players though...the 1-30...then x-341 CR. SP have always been a separate number though...
    • Like x 1