Skill points are a pain!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

In saying that as well though, there's a degree of self serving motivation to be able to buy exactly those feats.

The ones that are harder or impossible to get by yourself because the truth is if we're being real here the feats people are eyeing up here with salivating mouths are the hard ones, they're just not being honest about it and it's quite deplorable.
    • Like x 2
  2. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Lol oh sorry didnt realize , and didnt see that post before he said that
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

No it's not just to me, mepps and few green have mentioned this in a post I made about 2 years ago. It was a ps thing, and it happened when I was on ps4, happened to alot as well, and now on ps5 it's happening. I dont think it's just me, that's good that it isnt happening to you, because I'd really like that too lol but I guess I have to wait and see what they have to say about it.
  4. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I know it doesnt apply to me. Why dont ppl read thr whole thing ppl post before replying, and I'm sorry if I sound rude, these days on forums anything you say comes out wrong. But as a long time player who gets his sp and doesnt have much trouble getting em, just agree with those that do need help. I also at one point was there where i was looking for a league, to do feats and elite runs. It really is tough, some have requirements where most wont meet and even if you do and join, the chances of running with that league that invited you is slim very slim. Because most leagues, always run with the same ppl they feel comfy with and end up not helping those that need help.

Again all I'm saying is, i understand and get where they are coming from. It's so much easier said than done, to go look for a league and hope they help or fit you in THEIR schedule and give you a hand
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Well, yeah. Point.

Like mister "I need to be able to buy 400 SP exactly even though they don't do nuffins".
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, pretty much the reason why I gave up on trying to maintain a League roster and instead focused on all of those "I can do it myself" moments instead. I can run with people I know if/when they're on and the rest of the time, I work on myself. And it works - on the other side of 450 now, annd the people I do run with now usually don't have a problem saying yes when I wanna run stuff because I can pull weight now.

Which was my primary point; even if a player might have a harder time finding someone to help with Feats that require a group to get on the other side of the 400 SP line, everything before that is completely accessible to a solo player and to be blunt, there's a lot of people in this thread acting like "All or nothing" is the only acceptable response - there's a huge range of solo-access area there before you get to "I need help" territory.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

It was not a joke. Theyve told the op to join a league like 15x in this thread.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Nope i wont be grinding them out anymore thats is exactly what i said, as a tank especially not a controller i cannot think of a reason to grind them out, butttt i would 100% buy them for if i ever want to go dps and like stay dps.

You see with me i dont really need to get use out of things for me to buy them, like i just bought a naruto game and probably wont even play it tbh, but hey atleast i have it ! Heck i bought the last of us 2 played for 20mins n saw that liberal agenda theyre pushing and immediate uninstalled and never looked back,,, idk im single living in a house with no kids and a few girlfriends n have no plan on settling down,, like ever ,, maybe thats why im so quick to throw away money... but shouldn’t that be my choice?
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Despite the fact feat hunting is entirely made easier by joining an active league and being an active participant within that league and that remains my position, that particular post was actually a joke as Reinheld correctly pointed out.

The fact it came immediately after your post made that obvious ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Are you a precision DPS because if not you stand to gain very little from additional skill points.

A might based DPS gains nothing tangible from anything outside of might/power unless they're actively running a tetrahedron and loading in to health, even then they're not really because the job of tetrahedron running in most groups has now fallen on to trolls in favor of dps running more favorable artifacts.

Precision DPS stand to gain more from higher SP as they are still doing periodic might powers and can stand to gain from the might tree and even the health tree if they choose cog artifact, although that's unlikely too cause again better artifacts.

I do so hesitantly because perhaps you just don't understand, but I actually think you're knowingly trying to distort the truth here in the hope you'll get your objective of buying SP, but...

You stand to gain way more in your support role, not your dps role.

For example a tank stands to gain from health, dom and resto, perhaps even might/prec for battle tanking

A troll, gains from vit, dom, resto, might/power, health

A healer, gains from resto, dom, might/power, health

Your misleading statements might wash with some mate, but putting people crook because of your objective is a bit uncool, good thing I corrected you though, you're welcome. ;)

Feel free to click like. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im a 0 dps, like i said i dont do that role. The only dps gear i have was what i wore when i was a troll, im just now leveling a dps artifact and its as i go, like very last priority. Generally if i join a group and they already have a tank or troll i will leave. But if i join and theres super high dps ill switch to my struggle struggle dps role which has no truely leveled artifacts.

And about what u said about support roles. Eh i tanked the new elite raid at 335 cr, didn’t have a problem with my low sp number, maybeee it would have been easier if i had more sp, but i dont think it can get much easier them rotating between 3 shields , brick and a pull. I didnt die anymore then anyone else and truthfully the only time I struggle was when dps were to close to the action so i had to kite a bit, but im new to tanking ill get better at that.

———————
    Now, i dont want to throw this thread off topic, bc there’s already a thread for this. But a controller benefits very little from putting sp into vit. Ive been inspecting trolls recently/ asking them what they spec, the one i ran that elite raid with had 50 into vit and wore all dps gear n the rest into might n power.
    Im not sure how much a troll really needs to put into dom anymore either, I usually just relied on my artifacts and gear to cover my dom, and i ran the elite legion raid ( im no longer troll) several times and had no problem at all. Im not a healer, but id imagine that the op does just fine with his low sp but 200 artifacts ( unless he’s electric, terribleee power)

Like i said the hardest thing about running the elite missions is dealing with the players, which typically is why i only run elite ones every dlc. I beat them this time as a tank w no problem besides dps who don’t revive, i wont be running them again, i could care less about a glowing doomsday outfit
  12. Proxystar #Perception

When a troll specs into dom it isn't just or even really about crowd controlling, it's about things like shield strength, the same applies of resto.

A troll certainly does stand to gain from vit and might/power but what we're actually discussing here, I agree on somewhat of a tangent is the exact extremity of how much the devs, while attempting to remain respectful have trashed the troll role and turned them into walking DPS buff trinkets. I used to be a troll, but I had to stop, it has to be the most mind numbing carry role in this game and I mean that with the utmost respect, but currently as the role stands, it's a shadow of its former self and I gained no enjoyment from it.

There's a reason they're often not required in groups, because everyone's passive power returns are out of control, that's why vit also has less importance theyre only putting in what's barely required to keep people powered on top of their own over abundant power pools and regen through various methods.

The other issue you've raised is the, with respect to healers, also out of control overpowered healers , their artifacts are all too overpowered, their healing output is overpowered in general and that's why tanking is too easy as well.

You don't need to increase difficulty for example you make it more challenging to tanks either all you have to do is nerf the healers and passive power regen, increase power costs and that'll force healers and trolls in to place, perhaps that's a bit contentious though, I expect the healers would rage, but hey since we're having an open dialogue right. ;)
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

But did you contact the makers of the Naruto game...lobbying to get it made, all the while telling them that you probably won't play it and don't really need it? Cause if you are comparing apples to apples, that's more appropriate.

Hey, maybe you are right...maybe they will be sold directly at some point...if so, congrats on getting something you don't really want or need being brought into existence all for the purpose of...? Well I guess to make DBG more money would the only reason from your point of view. While I'd guess they would appreciate the support, not sure why you'd lobby so hard for something ONLY to make them more money. Do you have relatives that work there or something?

You avoided my question though...have you bought all the SP you can directly buy...and I'm not referring to gamble boxes...there are lots of SP for sale outside of gambling.
    • Like x 2
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

You want a simple solution to this and a great alternate way of earning SP?
    VARIABLE QUEUE SIZES

That way those you can queue for a T[x] raid with your friends if you still need a feat. But outright putting SP packs on the MP? A giant NADA from me on that. That just further devalues the SP from the players that actually earned it rather than opening their wallet and buying a feat without actually earning it.
    • Like x 5
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im not sure the last of us or naruto devs care if i play the game after buying it, they already made their money.. naruto made alot of money off of me because i bought every dlc before the game was even done downloading... idk why i do these things, but real talk if anyone tryna play shinobi striker pm me

But Im not sure why your against the game getting money, is this one of those liberal rage against the machine things? I cant see any scenario where the game getting more money is a bad thing.

Also, yea i have the tc feats for the styles ive wanted, and like the collections if thats what u mean? But you can get those out the broker and booster gold so i dont get what your saying
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was saying I asked a question...you didn't answer...now you have. So you have purchased all the TC feats via the broker...cool. Just wondering if you had done that. That accounts for what? Like 90 odd SP now? And 77 or 78 from the skip token feats, so there's about 170 of the 200 that people seem to want to buy. Now there are also another probably 50+ in Tier gear and Vendor 00/22 styles you can buy with source that are for sale, and every event has seasonal currency for sale...granted it would take a full year rotation to gather them all, but that's got to put you over 225 or 230 at that point...I'm sure some number cruncher can get exact numbers, but I'd guess I'm not far off, 230 is getting close to a pretty viable SP for most people...it covers the crits a WM, some iconics and well over the100 base SP in your trait with some left over for some tweaks. Add 3 or 6 200 level Artis and 23 head augs (more SP by the way....per DLC since Titans...all for sale) and you can be a pretty beefy toon almost without ever playing the game...woo hoo!

As, you say...more SP doesn't really matter, so much like you're not sure why I'm against it...I'm not sure why you are for it above and beyond what's for sale...and I'd guess you can agree at least SOME sp are definitely for sale already...they aren't just packaged as you'd have them...in some mystery bundle of 'buy 200 SP' in the MP. And assuming we are both equally right or wrong on SHOULD they sold (more than they are today)....you have to admit to make NO change is less work (being as it would take NO work) than to make whatever changes would be needed to sell them.

And as it's now been like 3 weeks and 27 pages of posts and no Dev has chimed in saying they are implementing something like this, I'd take that silence as an indicator...it's not coming anytime soon. They HAVE however chimed in a few times on AQS discussions, meaning that if a system to get into older content is coming, I'd say that is likely the 'easier path' or whatever you 'sell SP' guys like to reference so often from whatever Dev post that was last year. I'm not going to look for it, but you know the one I'm talking about.
    • Like x 3
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

What im saying and have been talking about for weeks is that i dont necessarily NEED them im quite alright with how my character plays right now. But IF they went for sale i would 100% buy them because why not, i have money to spend. What kept me coming back to this thread instead of leaving it at me simply chiming in is the people acting as gate keepers to people who do want this implemented.

I like to argue, this is the thread where the argument is at, so ill keep going as long as the threads up solely because I enjoy a good argument & if i argue with my girl i dont get no cake, but if i argue with you guys nothing comes from it.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

How dare you enjoy an argument! I am adding you to ignore, there's your consequence! :mad:

Just kidding
    • Like x 1
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This post is rich considering your other posts earlier in the thread
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I can't speak for DS4 players, but I have never even heard of the issue this guy is talking about on PS4
    • Like x 1