Skill points are a pain!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 4, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

We work with the information that is given within a post. There are times when people will read more into what is posted than what is actually there. But if someone comes into the forums and posts a thread/post that in essence says "I don't want to put any effort into playing a game to get the benefits that come from playing" then there's a better-than-decent chance any assessments of laziness won't be too far from the truth.

Respect is earned, not given or handed out. So if someone doesn't want to put in the effort needed to get the feats/SP they want, they'll earn all the respect that I'm willing to give them, which isn't much. Harsh? Yeah, a bit. I won't deny that. But this is how I view it: my own efforts may pale in comparison to what other players have done, but it's still effort put into the game. If someone won't put in the same amount of effort that I've put into the game, it's going to be very tough to have much respect for that player, if any.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly is wrong with the assertion I made? What about that statement offends you so much? The point of the statement is that this game isn't going anywhere, so there is still plenty of time to get those feats. No one needs to get them all at once right now. Are you asserting that is factually incorrect? You state you have a problem with what I said, that it's part of the forum toxicity, but don't actually say what makes it toxic, or what is actually wrong with the statement.
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Fair enough and smart move. Have also never partaken in anything remotely similar to gambling and have the same opinion on the topic. Which is a completely different topic.

But, if you are even chasing sp, have you exhausted other options? Such as resetting the duo to get more stabilizers/ buying source marks/ buying resets to sell to buy sp in the broker? Comment wasn't aimed at anyone in specific but just curious how far players have gone already and to make sure players that want to buy sp are aware that they already can. Said it probably 19 pages back but somehow people are still asking to be able to buy sp
  4. Ntwydimela Active Player

Really? Tell me what effort have I put into the game that you can verify? Let's be clear none of you are the designated council of honest effort, you are players like everyone else who pays money to play this game, you are not special to anyone other than your families just like everyone else. I don't care whether you respect me or not over the internet, I don't respect you either and there is no way of measuring whatever bar you feel has to be met in order for you to show that respect nor am I certain you could meet my expectations. This is the real problem you guys actually think you are more than what you really are, so your opinions have more weight than they really do. This is a game players are here for a variety of reasons and none of them have to match yours respect that first and you will go along way to learning the true meaning of respect.
  5. Ntwydimela Active Player

The fact that you don't know what could be offensive about that says more about you than me but let's see tell me how I spend my days am I a productive person or a moocher? What is the sum total of my life in your knowledgeable opinion that defines me?
  6. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

well bcs i think they only see the option of buy bcs every guy let them down

this featsystem is the biggst joke a game was ever done big league are the kings and solo fighters get an asskick bcs they cant find help for raids

sp should be only earn in one way for fighting like it is until you reach lvl 30 and not that u have to do every crap the devs want from you i cant understand how ppl cant be this blind to dont see that we follow there red line like an brainless robot that we let us force to do all useless stuff we not even want to do bcs its an ******* feat witch gives u a PART of an sp open your eyes guys this game should be fun for all and not feel like an second work i mean lets be honest we got works we got school we got a privat life but we be forced to be here to dont miss the next big crap honestly that cant be the big idea behind games ...they normaly was made to come down from your reallife and dont make the life harder too
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not only did you avoid the question (what did YOU find offensive about the statement), but now you want to turn this into an irrelevant argument about me making assumptions about you (which I never did, unless you're posting under a different name now).

Why are people being offended by being told to play the game? Why is being told to make some effort considered disrespectful? Why are people acting like they need to get every skill point RIGHT NOW, yet at the same arguing that they have no value? Why are people stuck on their feelings and not arguing the questions at hand? Have people here exhausted the various methods already available to basically buy skill points?
    • Like x 3
  8. Ntwydimela Active Player

The correct answer is I don't know anything about you to form an opinion, so I most certainly would not say anything that would disparage a strangers' character that I know nothing about. The internet sometimes foster reckless behavior and some people make statements online that they would never make to a persons' face. You don't agree with an opinion then agree to disagree and walk away from the conversation. For the record I am not a new player only new to posting on the forums
    • Like x 1
  9. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I think the best thing they can do, which probably might make everyone happy, is if they let you unlock most feats not including elite once the dlc is over and a new dlc is out. Or once 2 dlcs have come then you can go back to older dlcs and unlock some feats.

Me personally and friends I play with, and other I come across dont really care if they do let them buy sp, as long as it's reasonable like, no elite feats, or once a new dlc or 2 is out then they can go back to unlock them. I like I said I really couldnt care less how others got their sp, it doesnt effect me and shouldnt but I also understand why, so I cant dismiss that either.

This is also an issue with another game (destiny) I know it's a complete different game, but ppl over there dont approve of end game MM lol, they get so hurt when ppl mention it on forums or keep asking bungie to add them to their activities. Why? Because no1 wants others to get the new shiny thing , they want to be the only 1s. While it's not the same as sp in dcuo, but I feel the reasoning is somewhat similar. We have to accept that over time, things will be easier to obtain, given out as freebies, or comes part of a dlc when most of us been grinding.

At the end of the day, this is a game , a game we all should be enjoying. Just because I did the gathering feat for ex. And literally a week later it became free for everyone didnt annoy me, I was more like " I should of waited then grinded " lol.

Again, I understand where most players that are against it come from, believe me I do. But it just doesnt bother me that much, maybe if so really mattered alot, then we would be having a different discussion. We might lose players, we might get players being super frustrate and Express their anger, but by the end of the day each dev is looking out for their future of their game. If it means losing few to gain 100s by making changes like this, they will do it. Every dev have done something similiar to make their game more accessible to everyone.
  10. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

It is hard lol, I know it sounds silly, but I been playing since day 1, what has it been 11years now or something, that's how long I been with dcuo. Alot of things factor in here. Personal life, work, families, maybe their times are different , might be day for 1 and night for another. Just because there is 5 or more ppl here having same issues doesnt mean they have to go contact each other.

But in-game lfg, I have been trying for 3 months to go back and forth to try to do some old dlc feats like metal part 1 and 2, I'm missing nearly half the feats, I can not for the life of me get more than 2 maybe 3 ppl at best and it takes nearly an hr just for that, then ppl start leaving and you just lose all motivation.
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Their response to this is going to be find a league. I actually joined one and ill say that even in a league its hard to get people you have no real world connection with to sit in a 4 year old raid trying to figure out feats that they already have. Its alot to ask from someone to help you grind out 100+ sp and they get nothing in return.

Just be patient. Im not sure what “ help new and returning players” could be beside an alternative route to sp, because they already have plenty options for helping someone get to endgame cr
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Join a league.
    • Like x 1
  13. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Personally I dont have much trouble with sp, since I been playing since day 1, the only feats I dont have is most of elite raids because of a playstation controller issue where if you get k.o.'d and get back up, your character rolls and you hear that chirp sound unless you block or go in your inventory.

I've joined multiple lgs, and most either dont run because they always doing their own thing with the group they always run with. Or they never end up having time for you when you need them. So I've learned to get w.e I can and just troop along, I dont feel left out or not accomplished, as long as I have 80 to 90% of the feats in the dlc, I'm good.

But I understand where those are coming from because I too was in a good lg, where others joined to do feats, while we did help with new feats, hardly ever anyone was around to do older feats. Just because there is 1 or 2 lgs out there that feat hunt and do everything doesnt mean every lg will or if you even find a lg that will be willing to give you some time.
  14. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

The most childish reply I've seen. First of all, I'm not the one with the problem, I clearly stated that, but as someone who gets most of the feats in each dlc and HAVE a league, I can totally understand where these cats are coming from, and dont reply with idiotic replies such as yours. Have a good 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you believe they make no difference, why bother grinding OR buying them? Spend your money on your Artis and good to go, right? SP do not help (according to your message here).

Congrats on banging out 40 SP though....not bad for a few weeks work.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Two things : first, if you've got 497 SP then you're not the target audience of this thread? There we go.

Second...

There's a difference between trying to find some help to grind outdated Raid-only Feats (which is where I'm at myself these days, and you're not wrong, THAT usually requires at least some mild coordination) and "Getting SP in general" - there's a lot of Feats that are literally "Go to the watchtower and finish outdated EQ sets using Source Marks" or "Go kill a 230 CR Bounty 25 times", which @ CR 330 you can do solo in a single afternoon. Henshaw's not a hard fight.

Blow up 150 crystalized plague whatsits. Kill 40 of these dudes. Tag these spots. There's dozens of those feats available.

There's at least 100 SP worth of (mild) grind and "go complete this old set of gear" solo completion Feats. There's always something you can kill by yourself and I think a lot of people in the discussion are missing (or ignoring) that (rather large) area of solo accomplishment that is very much in reach, and very much on the table.

So this?

Really only applies fairly late into the SP development process. There's always something we can solo.

And if you can't solo it yet, well, now you have a project :).
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There are other ways to 'buy' those SP from TCs that do NOT include gambling. Selling replays then trading, buying Nth detectors (as suggested above) and gathering money that way....or there is another way we all know of.

I'm assuming you've exhausted all those other ways to 'buy' the SP that can be bought? Ultraman's cape - 50 points, Manbat commandos is basiclly 1 full SP. Almost all the TC styles are 50 points EACH. you have them all, right? No gambling needed...I have them all and ALSO do not gamble on TCs...ON TOP OF having horrible drop luck...but I know how to grind money in game and buy what I need....spending RL money would only make that easier and faster.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually most of my feats are picked up either between some friends I hang with sometimes NOT LEAGUE or by watching LFG and jumping in groups when I can. Forming a new group is also very beneficial as sometimes the organizer gets a pass on maybe being 'lower' than if they were trying to get picked up. Most groups, as long as you know what you are doing AND are willing to put the legwork into organizing the run will cut you some slack if you are the squishiest person in the group.

Lastly many of us have been pushing for the ability to solo or limited queue. This would free up a LOT of feats that are gatekept only by the inability to enter the content and also that if you get in the content randomly, having to hope that all 7 other players will play ball vs plowing through, pressing things that should not be pressed, etc....

Joining a league is also a great benefit, but it's not needed. I've got 2 accounts at 500+ and 4 or 5 more in the high 300s all of which are basically in solo leagues. A full league is not mandatory or a guarantee of success. Many leagues don't even do feat runs and mainly just want to bolster league numbers for prestige reasons...I'd guess those leagues will not help out when trying to pick up some older feats...much less the newer 'elite' ones. And you are right. If you join a league and the first thing you ask is 'can we grind out my SP...' you might get a lot of cricket noises.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You realize it was likely a joke...as DS had just said 'Their response will be "Join a League"'....Then Proxy responded "Join a League".... get it?

Guess not.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I plan to have a good day, thank you.

By the way your controller issue is unique to you, have you considered buying a new controller because I play with a DS4 and that doesn't happen at all.
    • Like x 1