Does anyone else miss bounty farming already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KiraDanvers, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Jaelia Committed Player

Honestly not really I haven’t missed legion bounties one bit but a little part of me wish they were more doomsday feats like 100- 200 lol maybe I’m just crazy
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I liked having a second currency that could be farmed at any time. What I didn’t like was tying it to what were essentially raid bosses. Fighting raid bosses every day made my characters feel puny and weak. The main currency can be earned by doing a mixture of solo, small group and big group content so why not the second currency too?
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

Not really missing the bounty spam but It was abit refreshing content wise.
    • Like x 2
  4. inferno Loyal Player

I think content-wise, we have a pretty good mix of what I want in a DLC. Doomsday and the pair bounties is a good number of bounties and I am sure that they'll add another one down the line, similar to JLD Dlc.

Personally, I liked the 2nd currency since it gave us something to farm without being loot-locked with which we can purchase the elite accessories.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I liked wv, didn't like legion. But had we known it was going to be a 6month doc, I'd have probably liked it a bit more.

This dlc, it could have worked if the counters stayed low and the currency only bought elite jewelry and no drops were needed for op piece
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I enjoyed Wonderverse, and feel that artwork, themes, and novelty all came together well there. I think Legion is my least favorite episode, Last Laugh possibly being worse. I felt like the scenery was legit ugly. The 'story' was hard to follow and didn't even address why Validus matters. The content was very limited, and the alert was half cutscene.

I miss nothing about Legion. Nothing at all.

Separately from Legion, I do not miss boss farming, bounty spam or whatever you want to call it. Not at all.
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

nope, I didn't even wanted to kill Doomsday 50 times, but I got it over with for I don't have to spam bounties until next dlc
  8. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

9. Power Surge Level 30

I actually do miss it to an extent. Fighting doomsday just isn't as fun in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Nah. Bounty farming was BS. It allows me time to do other things and get stronger or get what I want instead of putting up a lot of hours just to upgrade a piece of gear or get a nice style. Farming bounties for feats is cool, but when you attach a currency to it. Yeah... No.
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

12. Raptim Well-Known Player

13. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

no...but i wish bounties can be a little more "important" without having to attach a never ending grind to them and to make them something players will want to run after they get the grind feats out of the way. This dlc the bounties and doomsday should all have a small chance to drop mod plans and r and d components.
  15. L T Devoted Player

I liked the open world bounties. When Wonderverse came out, I really liked the alternate currency. I liked never being loot locked. It was good to always have something to do. Plus great for nth metal farming. Plus your dailies got done "automatically" if you ran through all the bounties.

So yeah, there's a lot to like about that kind of open world set-up.

That having been said, the endless grind was oppressive. And after grinding through Wonderverse, Legion, and the Anniversary event bounties, I'm ready to not see one of those for a long long time. I don't even want to grind Doomsday at this point.

Going forward, I think an episode with an alternate currency and a big long grind would be OK to come back maybe once a year.

But please, no more this year.
    • Like x 1
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

No, no. No no no no no.

It was a neat idea not well executed. On top of the endless grind that others have mentioned, as a member of a smaller league, having so much less instanced content in favor of bounties made prestige a struggle. Why these bounties didn't drop prestige tokens is beyond me.

What was good about them:
    -alternate currency gave a path to elite accessories and weapons
    -something that didn't need to be reset

What I won't miss:
    -the mindnumbingness of going through the motions of doing endless bounty rounds
    -difficulties in getting into a good phase
    -bounties taking the place of instanced content.

Now that we're on the other side of the bounty grind experiment, at least for now, I'd love to see a secondary currency added to normal bounties or to some other aspect in game (maybe as a member only perk?) and the elite extras to be brought back. However, they'd have to be in a more reasonable number than they were in WV and Legion.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

With the fact that everyone is still hitting the new DD bounty for 50, and running through the list of generals to get them done day 1. not sure how they'd be missed yet. I doubt I'd miss them in a week or month either.

BTW...how many people have gone and done more than 1 weekly rotation for the marks in Legion or WV? I'd say if you miss them, go for it. Those bosses are still there and they will still pay off the same.
  18. Wildcat Committed Player

Yes.

I have nothing to do after some kill x mobs missions or a raid...

Soo I quit the game after... 30-45 min.
    Not really want to spend my replays on kill x mobs missions or a duo...

Its going to be hard to get armor items in this dlc.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So go farm the bounties....they are still there and pay the same loot as before. How can you 'miss' something that's still there? Now...could you miss running SFF? Sure...it's gone. Could you miss talking to Cosmic boy each day? Sure...he no longer talks to us and gives us 1 mark. Can you miss running Calc and Meta for marks (assuming you are 321+)....yes. they were easy bounties to get a few quick LEX coins on...gone now. But WV and Legion still pay off Aethers and Beacons. The things you buy with them can still be sold on the Broker if you want (cats or crystals)...so go run them. If you don't have the feats on those bounties (doubtful) they are still there to work on.
  20. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I do not miss grinding them no but grinding them was a double edged sword. They could be boring yes but they presented a way of ranking and breaking through adaptive augments and ranking your OP item up without eating into your gear currency by rewarding their own specific currency. That's what I miss about them. Plus during downtime through the week after dailies were done you had something to work on for a while instead of doing just a 1 or 2 hour routine and logging off for the day or switching to an alt.