The Hackers Paradise.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All bans are manual. It's not an average. Every 1-3 hours, we look at who has been cheating and nuke them.
    • Like x 16
  2. Proxystar #Perception

It's actually nice someone finally called out the ******** that a top tier player somehow manages to get to CR 310+ and doesn't know what a speed hacker is.

Anyone at that level who claims they don't know what speed hacking looks like is just an outright liar, no ifs or buts, outright liar.

This whole nonsense too about oh well I went afk and was on the toilet and before i knew it, the raid was over, really that's ********, once in a blue moon would people queue **** then have to go take a dump magically when the speed hacker appears.

Although you have to be careful calling out names because "feat transfers" etc the ******** does need to stop, more often than not these cheaters are stupid, they can't resist that day 1 speed feat, so it's not even like finding them should be a struggle, the suspects are right there in the open and dare I say it, but it's always the same people anyway.
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed for normal stuff, but I'd guess in SM it's a bit obvious. Unless you pick one up for a single round for farming, and by the time you see whats happening, it's too late.

I know I've been in several raids with speed hackers who don't reveal themselves right away, turning it off and on in the boss fights, or last boss. As SM is pretty much all 'boss' fights, AND it's only 4 people, it would figure that if more than a few rounds, everyone is in on it. Still an autoban might be out of order, but an auto vacation while you plead your case seems reasonable.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

How much proof is needed to get someone banned that plays with a speedhacker and to admitting it? Does only a Yes count or is suspicious reply from that person enough?

And how severe are the punishments for those that play with speedhackers? Will they recieve a Warning? Or a permament bann?

Im talking about people that dont speedhack but people that are in the group with a speedhacker because most people probably played with a speedhacker by mistake or because they dont know anything about such hacks.

I know alot of people that play with a speedhacker and will try to get info out of them but need to know what type of reply is proof enough.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Rubbish dude, you don't play with a speed hacker by mistake, the moment that first boss is down in 0.5s you should leave or even close the game if you need to get out in combat.

No boss in relevant content can be melted in the way those speedhackers do it, it's plain as day and these hackers are so brazen now they're out in open world doing it, they don't even care and they're always named something stupid a combination of Ls and i's because they're trying to hide their name to avoid reports.
    • Like x 3
  6. zNot Loyal Player

I know but new players dont know this i have so far reported multiple people players and speedhackers you cant expect everyone to know about speedhacking only us that actually pay attention to it will see it.

They havent been banned so i dont know what type of proof is needed.
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

When I see someone speedhacking, I let them know, flatly, that I'm submitting a ticket and including a video.

If they don't leave, I give it another two minutes, then I save the video, and submit the ticket. If it's something I can't normally do or haven't already done, I leave too.

I think maybe a case could be made for a day one player in event level content not knowing what a speedhacker is, but if you're fighting the Emerald Eye in Elite?

Yeah, no, you know the score by now.
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

I agree but only to a point.

Many of the players who wilfully group with speedhackers have accounts with years worth of progression (and expenditure) behind them. These are people who want to get things like elite feats and SM round completions to massage their egos. They want these things because they are invested in the game. Banning these accounts would be just. They would have to start all over again on new accounts.
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Yea but you still need proof and thats why i asked mepps how much proof is needed
    Im talking about the group that plays with the speedhacker not the speedhacker himself since he would ofcourse be banned
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

If you're talking about someone PUG'ing into a group with one, I don't see that as qualifying for anything. Someone who runs content with them every night with their hack running, however... sucks to be them.

Qualifier: I would add a bit of a caveat for the severity of the hack and the amount of time others spend with the hacker.
  11. zNot Loyal Player

True but as mepps said proof is needed so whats the best way to provide the proof? That was my question.

Also how severe are the punishments for them that have a speedhacker in their group?
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Bah! You caught me in mid-edit :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

Let's say you are in the latest content instance and all bosses die within couple seconds. You wouldn't think there is something wrong going on?
    • Like x 5
  14. Dcuo dad New Player

if the community would spend more time helping others beat it rather then sitting in the watch tower/HOD bragging about beating it themselves, then there would be no need for speed hackers. But nooooo, the community rather sit there and watch groups shout for 8 hours for a role to attempt their round. Smh toxic community.
    • Like x 1
  15. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

mhm ...why do some guys cheat here....sry but thats an reaction sometimes think about older bountys no one is there to help u with that some stuff is op ppl want the same chances that u guys wants got but didnt see the chances to get it ....and no i hate cheaters i saw that too and think it isnt good but tbh thats what u get if u do thinks to hard ...sure i think they earn be bann but trust me if this game gets more and more elite with things like sm u dont haver to wonder that this is an reaction on it
  16. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Oh my gosh!!

These hackers gotta go. I've done my share of reporting too. That's all I can do it seems.
  17. Caroline Dedicated Player

Huh?

If you want to do bounties so bad you can shout in lfg for a bit and you will be surprised by how many people are going to join you.

No excuses and you're totally giving a speed hacker/cheater/exploiter vibe.
    • Like x 6
  18. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

i dont see it that way anymore sry i dnot say cheating is right or anything like that but...how many guys got still time to help im nea the sm show this perfect all are so busy everytime withc day u was trying lasttime raids that are older like hive master u need hours and if u find guys the die in seconds no cheating inst the answer to it but i also see that u got 3 choices to get your feats in a fast way and yh i say fast bcs look at the point of new or returinig gamers they see now what they got to do how will u chatch up at any day if u have to wait

so there are the (good options)

do lfg chat and wait hours what inst even possible for most guys bcs they got there reallifes too

other option do it like i do take it how it is and do solo duo and style feats u can do alone

or that part that we get now more and more this speedhacks sure some ppl just abuse it to be the best but before dont get
    more options for new and returing ppl it will even get more worse as it is now

i remeber as i said we may need a mentorprogram were u can get prestige for help low lvl getting a chance the same chance we ones got the first reatcion i get was ...but what if i wont help yes that shows me how good the lfg and all this works for new gamers

what i wanna say is simple u wanna stop cheater good but that isnt just daybreak that can do something every single one of the gamer can change something on it if he just stop cares about themselfs and finally did what they wants get help u never can stop cheaters complette but may thats away to dont make more guys that they have to to reach something

same point is the pay 2 win artifacts stuff if u wanna get money from guys for progress in a game u shouldnt wonder that some ppl say no i dont do this anymore i mean we get everytime thats needed to pay to be a better gamer isnt pay 2 win a kind of cheating too ???

u can say what u want to this but i think there is a true core behind that if u really think long about it
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

1) Perma-Ban all the speed hackers and the people knowingly utilizing them.

2) Congrats to all that have beaten SM legitimately.

3) Now, as for people that are 310+ knowing about speed hackers, or literally anything, many of you are just dead wrong. I've met countless players that got the 290 skip, did dailies and the BoP solo to reach 299, then spammed bounties for gear boxes to 310. They've never even done an alert. 310 is hyper-easy to reach with no knowledge of the game beyond how to use "recent text > phase with", that's all 310 takes.

Years ago, the first time I saw a speed hacker, I just thought it was a problem with displaying their toon on my end. Once I talked to people about "the guy I saw skipping frames", I found out about hackers. I've reported them anytime I've encountered them since, but the point is that there are a TON of newer 310s that would have no idea what they were seeing.

4) Inexperienced players are a totally separate issue from Elite and high-round SM players. Elite-tier content players, those who are getting day 1 FGSE No Death feats -- they know what they're doing. They realize when they are engaging with a hacker. And no innocent bystanders are getting caught up in these runs by chance.

5) It's very easy to distinguish somebody in a coordinated group using a hacker, from someone that PuG queued and happened to encounter a hacker. People are becoming distracted by the idea of punishing innocents or wrongly placing the burden of proof. People are being distracted by trying to figure who might or might not know if they interacted with a hacker.

Focus on the real goal. None of us truly care if Ares died a little faster one time when Jane Random happened to be near a speedhacker. What we care about is people that are knowingly using hackers, or hacking themselves. We care about leagues that are routinely getting away with cheating. We care about the integrity of the challenge.

6) Dear Devs, please consider dividing damage by time spent in each SM round, that should readily expose hackers even if they're waiting til later in the round to begin hacking. As soon as something flags as "too fast" you can use your chat records to look at their combat logs and determine if they engaged a cheat. This will turn suspicion into leads, into evidence, in short order. When rounds are completed "too fast" it could tick a red flag on your end without relying on any player reporting.
    • Like x 2
  20. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Ban the speedhackers (that i've never seen on any of my game-plays).

I agree with banning them; but, leave the rest alone.
    As someone already stated, when i play, i am only focused on what I am doing. If I am tanking, i am not looking at what you're doing.
    Banning people just because they were unlucky enough to be in the same place as a so called hacker, is not fair.

It's akin to arresting you or me, because someone in the same building is dealing drugs. Arrest THEM, I have nothing to do with it.