Insulting because my artefacts are low level...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 18, 2021.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Lack of humanity? Over a video game? I would say the world is struggling more because of people like you who are too sensitive and make mountains out of mole hills. Yes, let's dehumanize someone over a harsh response over a video game mechanic lol.
    • Like x 1
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Stabilizer event and TCs also drop bonus nth metal. And nobody should ever be running without a detector since they pay for themselves. They offer not only a boost in drops, but caches as well. Sell 3 out of the 5 or 6 caches and you get your money back and repeat.
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Go back to Twitter. Man, this is nauseating to read
    • Like x 1
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Then pay for membership, easy peasy. There are lots of premiums who have gotten over this hurdle. But If for some reason you don't want to pay for a membership to the game, then you should also expect to pay up for those max end game artifacts. The whole point is to get you to subscribe.
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Aside from pure aholes just being themselves, this isn't something I've ever seen on any of my toons. Granted, my main is all 200s but my alts all stay in the 120 to 140 range. Not a dollar spent on alts. Getting any arti up to 120 is cheap/ fast/ easy. 1 role. You want to dual role, then it's either gonna take longer or cost money.

I'm guessing op was in something elite/ sm where artifacts do really matter for most players. Anyone in sm right now is looking to either be paired with equals or betters if they're pugging. No one wants to carry anyone. Anyone saying they wouldn't mind carrying means they haven't gone in and wiped for 2hrs. Moral, be selective of what you run. I don't take my alts into random elites and they will not run sm at all. Aside from that, my crappy alt just kept up with 2 331s in cou with maxed everything so maybe these bullies were blaming arts when it was just a poor rotation/ build keeping op from, well, being OP
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Honestly I don't have 1 artifact at level 200 nor do I have the desire to get to 200. No need for it, anyone that has an issue with feel free to buy me seals of completion. I already spent more money then I should getting seals for multiple characters to keep the somewhat competitive. It gets expensive real quick, sadly we do need means of at least getting seals preservation in game instead of only choice on the market place. Usually get mines as high as 120, for the mot part usually don't require seals, I usually break through but once at 120, the russian roulette isn't worth gambling on trying to beak through.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In principle, the challenges to be found on DCUO are the raids and exploits, basically the artifacts are just supposed to inflate the stats!
  8. Shalayah Committed Player

Rank 120 is a pretty good place to have your artifacts anyways. The difference between 120-200 isn’t much unless you’re a super competitive player.
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Well....

It seems to me you need to make a choice; either accept your situation for what it is and play the game according to your situation OR utilize the various ways of upgrading your artifacts efficiently so your characters feel ready for Survival Mode and beyond.

Ask yourself, "How important is it for my character to participate in Survival Mode?" If it is highly imperative for your character to do so, then you will have to sacrifice more time and (perhaps) money if you have it to improve your character's performance. If time and money are limited, then you may have to eat that choice of not being able to participate or proceed very far until next time.

My situation is similar; My time spent on this game is varied; sometimes I have a lot of time, sometimes I don't. I dont have a lot of money to spend on this game, either. So, I made the choice of doing the best I can playing this game with the extra time/money I can spend.

I have tried SM this time and failed in a glorious and grotesque way (muahhahaa); oh well, at least I tried it. So, what does that mean? It means that I still have more work to do on my main character if I want her to be SM ready. Will she be ready for SM in time? In my opinion, no. I have to stare at that fact in the mirror, not blame the devs.

The devs do nothing to make the player community disrespectful; the player community does that on it's own. All you have to do is log into your HQ and see this unfold in General Chat.

As far as artifact breakthroughs are concerned I agree; they are a bit rough to deal with and DCUO is not the only game with this type of RNG system for upgrading items. Others posts have given suggestions to you for obtaining seals for breakthroughs. For me, I purchase them when they are on sale. I keep my membership so I can get that discount on top of the sale. I still have Kryptonian Time Capsules in my hoards so I have the option of opening them if I have the stabilizers.

I think you would have received better feedback if you had "asked" how to get your character SM ready with limited time and resources.

Choices, choices.
    • Like x 2
  10. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'd just like to say, you don't need artifacts at 180 or 200 to progress far in SM.
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

An entire group of players with 160 artifacts has beaten SM?
  12. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Is that what I said?
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

What was your point?
  14. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I think my point was made quite clear in my post. Not my issue if you can't read or process those simple words.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

Nvm. Not worth it. My question was answered
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Our groups trolls artis are 120 range, pure power troll. He's an alt but up at rd 16 atm
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Solution: don't do that. Use Seals.

Do most cost actual money and thus is pay-to-win. Yes. But that's the way it is. You need to spend at least a bit of money to keep yourself in Seals in order to progress, whether we like it or not. (And who likes it? I'm just willing to put up with it for the sake of keeping the game's finances healthy.)

Sorry about that.

I do like and support some of the proposals in this thread for ways to allow players to earn Seals in-game, which I entirely agree is something that can and should be improved.
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That's useful information: what's your citation to support your claim to know what "most people who come back" think? What player base survey are you drawing your claim from?

Alternatively, I admire the way you have Mental powers in real life and can use telepathy to know what everyone who plays the game thinks.

How many fingers am I holding up?
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Literally was my biggest complaint with the artifact system. They could let seals drop in older content to entice people to run it more. Solve another problem while keeping the artifact system in tact.
    • Like x 2
  20. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I have a membership currently but that doesn't change the fact for the problem I quoted, but go ahead and try to devalue that.