The hidden feat: Back From the Hack 2011

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skizo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Scytthe Well-Known Player

N
    o it’s a feat for a reason he wasn’t playing when it happened,
    • Like x 5
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here because it seems to me like nobody is thinking this through. It's not just about completion. Its about the potential for perfection. The drive to grind and spend money. The developers shot themselves in the leg for no reason on this one. They could have rewarded the poor suffering loyalists in countless other ways. Instead they angered their money supply. You know who that is? Basement-dwelling narcissistic trophy-seeking gamers that won't settle for anything less than the perfect glamorous toon. It isn't half a skill point. It's like telling the smartest kid in the world that he can never get 100% on a test. He's going to emo rage and spend daddy's money elsewhere.
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

They will live they not getting it. Devs didn't shoot anything they properly gave rewards.
    • Like x 3
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Perfect includes and is not limited to reviving archived membership dates from before 2013.

:p:rolleyes:
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Yeah? Well every dime they don't get from these disgruntled perfectionists might be a day this game shuts down early. You'll feel pretty stupid when the game shuts down due to lack of funds while you're sitting there acting self righteous over petty things.
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

LOL If they were going to quit the game because they can't get ONE HALF OF A SKILLPOINT, they would've already.
    • Like x 4
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Again, you're missing the point...

The drive to grind. Without the possibility of perfection... Why bother spending that money on artifacts? Replays? In game cash? The finish line isn't possible to reach. These people are not motivated.

The psychological mojo that goes into creating an addictive game is reliant upon this thought process NOT happening. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how stupid of a move this was from the development team.
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

you sure he talking about "them" people? He seems personally mad to me.
    • Like x 2
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

ok.... "The drive to grind"
    i take issue with that.

Pacman, donkeykong, etc..... what happens next? Is what drove me in the arcade days

if you want to include perfection words... FU, if u did not have an not an account at the time of the inconvenience of not playing the game, eat a bag of.... :p

https://www.wired.com/2011/05/sony-online-entertainment-hack/
    FU who were not there at the time.

HBO max snafu'n streaming at the moment, no JL movie in sight from this user in Florida... What else ya got!?!?!
    • Like x 1
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

You seem to miss the entire points of MMO's. They are not really meant to have a "finish line", they are designed to always keep you progressing, grinding, farming. HALF A SKILLPOINT won't motivate a player more than what new Episodes and feats will. It's simply just an entitled mindset from a select crowd of players acting like babies in a Shopping Mall screaming and crying their eyes out because mommy said no.

Trust me, they/you will survive without ONE HALF OF A SKILLPOINT with all the other skillpoints currently available in the game. This feat is exclusive for a reason that is actually valid, given it's backstory.
    • Like x 5
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I did care about this many years ago so I understand their perspective. I no longer have the time or patience to pursue it anyway but I figured that I would be a good mediator on the subject anyhow. That... And I'm bored.
  13. Rainnifer Committed Player

Speaking of being "bored" isn't that what usually happens in these games if they reach the "finish line"? Aren't many people constantly begging for more and more content all the time? They get bored of having finished everything (sometimes they don't even finish everything) honestly the mindset you are trying to entertain is a lost cause in MMOs. This feat existing is not going to disrupt the entire system. If anything creating an actual "finish line" is exactly what will spell the end of a game like this. Nobody wants it to end.
    • Like x 3
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

There is always an ideal place to be statistically at any given time. Lots of players achieve this. Perfectionists with too much time on their hands.

You seem to have a very strong prejudice towards anyone you imagine being "entitled". The people that care about this feat are the people who have grinded out or planned to grind out everything else. You think they care if they get it for free? That's incredibly simple-minded because obviously these weirdos will most likely work harder than anyone to get it.

I'm not saying the reasoning for the feat isn't valid. Those people deserve compensation, but not at the cost of everyone elses potential.

I'm done though. All the care I got left. :p
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well now you are just trying to get people riled up.
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

NOBODY loses any potential over HALF A SKILLPOINT, period. Any player you are currently describing, that have over 600+ SP won't gain ANYTHING through HALF A SKILLPOINT except a number's change on their SP total, nothing more. These players want it simply because they cannot get it, that's the very definition of the entitlement if you ask me.

It shouldn't be handed out or be available for purchase to anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with having all of their financial information compromised while at the same time paying for the game during a period of time of which they cannot actually play. I wonder if these "perfectionists" would actually really go that far for HALF A SKILLPOINT that changes NOTHING to their gameplay and performances besides having a similar number to another "perfectionist" that they are jealous of.
    • Like x 3
  17. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure the players with 605+ skill points are not going to quit the game over a feat that is hidden on their feats list. They are hooked, they have already invested time and money to get to the point they are at. Let's not make it seem more than it is, entitlement. It's a common thing in today's society, people always want, want, want, even if they are not reaching the set criteria to receive said reward.

If the developers allow for anyone to have/obtain this feat, it'll open the doors on other exclusive items/titles etc because the constant entitled crowd will start new discussions on those too.
    • Like x 3
  18. Cap0037 Active Player

No.

You weren't here, thus you don't deserve it.

Should've played the game back then.
    • Like x 4
  19. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Yeah bring back that feat´s availability on whenever it´s aniversary is.

Also, bring back all styles from the past on resurgence capsules or whatever.

Thank you.

Oh and by the way, they are called class struggle and marxist dialectics for a reason.

Entitleds of the World, Unite!
  20. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Really funny how some people know what other people deserve or not.

:p