Kicking around some ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Synisterstrike, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Synisterstrike Active Player

I have been thinking about all of the bounty grind recently as well as some previous feats.

First, does anyone know why the conqueror counterstrike mission was changed? Initially it was like the weekly in AoJ where you had to beat all of them to complete it.

Maybe it's just me (and this is NOT a knock on the devs) but I feel like the bounty grind is unreal. I think it's a way of addressing the "I have nothing to do" crowd. In my opinion, if we're having open world bounties.. the mission should be like the AoJ weekly where you have to beat each one for it to count. Lower the counter to maybe 10 or 15. I would also recommend making the bounty counters like the CC bounties where they only count when you have the mission.

If you can only do 1 rotation a week (replays not withstanding)..15 would be 15 weeks of running to get it.

Your first rotation could also knock out another feat for defeating all of them. (Think Riddled with Crime) Then there'd be individual counters for each boss. Anyone who chooses to buy replays to get the feats will just be helping the game with revenue. I could see this having a "pay to win" argument.. To that I say this: it is YOUR choice to make it PTW. You can still get the feats just by running the content, if you want it now then that's on you.

I personally love the alternate currency idea for open world bounties. That could be something to keep some coming back to farm. This does however beg the question..what happens when you have the additional rewards? Maybe a conversation similar to quarks. 25 of the currency to become source marks.

I personally think that this could help keep people in the area farming. I know that would be an issue if you were leveling someone up. Once people are out of relevance, they typically don't come back unless it's for feats. They could still technically run it for source marks even if they're not in relevance.

I also say bring back feats like "everyone's a star". Have random locations with specific bosses for each. That could also help keep people engaged in instances. The whole"random" location thing was a great idea (in my opinion).

Everyone is also always asking for relevance to be removed. If we get alternate currency from running instances and open world missions. (Obviously to avoid unintended consequences, the amount you receive will be low) then it COULD help revitalize older content.

I'm sure some of this has been brought up..but I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.
  2. Synisterstrike Active Player

Building on the initial post...

The new alt currency could be source wall fragments (given recent source wall events plus we have source marks.) In an effort to clean up the currency tab we could have any alt currency (aether and time beacons) convert 1:1 into source wall fragments.

The conversion rate of swf (source wall fragments) to marks needs to be set so that it won't/shouldn't be abused. I'm thinking maybe 100 swf:5 marks. It's like the stabilizer system, but for marks. Given how many we get from running bounties and the added drops from content out of relevance..I think that rate is pretty decent. The fragments will only drop from content that we're out of relevance for. Perhaps it could be a scaling system. The older content will give you more fragments than newer content to encourage players to go back. It's not straight up eliminating relevance, but it's an idea to help get more players involved in older content if they're trying to grind marks.

This is only a rough idea..but older content could drop fragments like this:

Solo: 2
    Duo: 3
    Alert: 4
    Raid: 6

This would be guaranteed from each run. With this, you could "earn marks" at any point but it doesn't eliminate relevance necessarily. You'd have to run quite a bit to get enough to convert to source marks. Obviously, this is all theoretical at this point. The numbers aren't something I've actually done math on based on augment bonuses, etc. The conversion rate will likely have to accommodate for those as well.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So If I run most raids out of relevance, I get 3-5 source marks due to the chooser system and how many bosses there are. Under your system, I'd get 3/10s of a source mark each run instead. How is that an improvement? People run old content to get those couple of source already (depending on the content), so adding a few scraps of source isn't going to add any encouragement.

As far as SWF being some unifying 'alt' currency, I don't see it happening if you are talking about replacing TB and AE currency. Maybe if there was a complete overhaul to the prices, but that's not going to happen either unless maybe after LL goes to source marks in 3 more DLCs. You can farm more TB than AE(because Hydra doesn't always appear), and the AE prices are lower overall, so they won't use the same currency.

For your other idea about being able to buy quarks with TB/AE? Maybe but I'd guess the prices would be very bad, like 500 TB=20 quarks or something. Hardly worth the effort.
  4. Synisterstrike Active Player

Obviously there would be a lot of numbers to be worked out. I see what you're saying though about getting 3-5 marks per old raid. I guess I was just looking for opinions on the idea in general.

I was using the quark system as an example. I was referring to converting the bonus currency to source marks, not converting them to quarks. Maybe I wasn't clear in my posts. I apologize. Thank you for your input. :)

Edit:
    I can see this as being too much work for something that's not "broken". I understand that side too.
    • Like x 1
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

there use to be 10 different types of currency. it was a mess. don't want it back, they were even changing types of currency for each new dlc, and having to convert older currencies so much, there was a vendor that you go to and convert obsolete currency. Going down to source marks, and the DLC marks is the best way, they already have that secondary mark from the bountys, that is pleanty,
    right now we have
    1. Source Marks, for older content items, "perfect"
    2. DLC currency coins - for main vendor items "works fine"
    3. Secondary DLC content dropping from bountys in themy and legion , PLEANTY

any more just gets to be too much to manage, ontop of all the event tokens, of every season and event. have a look at your currency tab, if it is 12 to 15 item list long, and you want more. it already happened, and they phased out of it.
  6. Synisterstrike Active Player

I'm not saying I want more. I was talking about taking the alt currency we get now and making it one unified currency. The clutter is why I'm suggesting it. If they do something similar in the future, you will have aether, time beacons and then whatever they add on top of it. If they unify it and have one thing moving forward, it reduces the clutter. I apologize if I wasn't clear. In my opinion, even the episode specific currency causes clutter. I understand why they do it that way though.

If anything, this idea would reduce the clutter by taking any possible secondary currency and making it something that would already be there (source wall fragments). I hope that makes sense.