Scorching Aura doesn’t exist anymore apparently

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BanesRampage, Jan 27, 2021.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What Khalon said. It's a project they've been chipping away at in their spare time.
    • Like x 1
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I completely forget what the scorching aura looks like. are there any auras out there readily available that can work with what you want? there are so many variations of the same auras...

over the years i've gotten obsessed with certain styles. more times than not when i finally get it/them they aren't what i was hoping for.

i'd look into some of the other flamey/fiery auras you can buy at a vendor. save your money and frustration.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

He only wants the real deal dude, he doesn't shop at thrift stores.
    • Like x 4
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

last season is still last season.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Can't wait to see what this next batch of Resurgence Capsules have.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Hopefully its accessories based on your power
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Wikipedia said:
    Fear of missing out, or FOMO, is "a pervasive apprehension that others might be having rewarding experiences from which one is absent". This social anxiety is characterized by "a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing". FOMO is also defined as a fear of regret, which may lead to a compulsive concern that one might miss an opportunity for social interaction, a novel experience, a profitable investment, or other satisfying events. In other words, FOMO perpetuates the fear of having made the wrong decision on how to spend time since "you can imagine how things could be different".

I've notice something that's becoming an increasing problem in games. It started with mobile games, showed up in MMOs, and is now a part of many game experience. There is a fear of missing out present in many games that I play.

FOMO pretty much runs F2P/Gacha games, and I'm not just talking about the micro-transaction part (though it does play a major role). Many of these games have daily logins, daily/weekly quests, limited time events, rewards from events/micro-transactions that are available for a limited time. They seem to condition you to play as much as you can and be efficient in it, otherwise you might miss out on some things. A limited time event can come up with rewards, and one might be pressured to spend some money for a chance of being able to accomplish the task, or else FOMO might set in. A feeling that if one misses out on these events, they might fall behind and not have advantages that many other players will have.

A form of this happens in MMOs as well. Daily quests or timed limits on things pressure players to complete things, or else they'll fall behind other players. These come in the form of things such as currencies and reputations. Though there's usually not a way for players to pay their way through these, it does keep the pressure to continually play and engage a decent amount of time into the game.

Now I'm noticing more games with login bonuses, events, and time limited quests. These aren't inherently bad, as it's good that companies are giving content to players. However, it can sometimes be overwhelming and keep a player active in a game longer than they intend to. Perhaps a player would like to take a break and maybe come back, but FOMO sets in when they can imagine all the items that they'd be forfeiting and events they may miss if they take such a break. Some events can be very limited in time that one can miss out due to real life events.

As more and more games become services, there's incentive to keep players active and engaged. While some things can be healthy and good for both the players and the creators, other practices can give a negative experience. As things grow, I'm not sure if there will be a public fatigue of these practices at some point, or if we'll feel like hostages in the games we play, having to log in to every single one so that we don't miss out.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-games-exploit-fomo-too-much.72566/
  8. Toshknight Loyal Player

i know , since they did the speedforce, anything seems to be possible now right?
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL if you're calling people clowns for asking market value, I'd love to be in the chat where he tells you HIS price for that item
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL I should have kept reading before posting that last one
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I always wanted power based orbitals, supply drops, back-ups, or henchmen
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

Your wish has been granted lol
    • Like x 3
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

I hope you haven't gotten in touch with him yet. New Mega Capsule will have a chance of dropping the Scorching (which means more will be available in the AH).
    • Like x 2
  14. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Oh really cool thanks for the heads up saved me some money
    • Like x 2
  15. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

This whole topic got really ironic really quickly...
    • Like x 3
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

That aged...
    • Like x 11
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Does this mean the sparking aura and materials also? I assume yes, but just confirming.
    • Like x 1
  18. Rainnifer Committed Player

Yes, all the previous Resurgence materials, chromas, auras and accessories will be available and have a chance to be a loot choice in the reward box.
    • Like x 4
  19. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol sometimes it makes you wonder.
    • Like x 1