Confirmed new powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Balistical Ice, Jan 21, 2021.

1. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Amazing thry guaranteed it it to come out,

We all Hope
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I like to see the next controller powerset be : a magicbased power.
    Or tank powerset be as : a magicbased power
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Likewise I like powerset shadow/darkness, be tank or controller.
    That be great to have a a type like that
    • Like x 1
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I absolutely love when interviewers don't ask about PvP...oh joy!!!
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Guarantee is a strong word. I hope he doesn't regret that lol. Akthough he doesn't always deliver on promises I think he speaks from enthusiasm. He's our very own Peter Molyneux.
    • Like x 3
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

Lol I think of Mepps gnashing his teeth since he'll have to deal with the outcome of an off handed remark in an interview.
    • Like x 5
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Sounds exciting I would like wind or the obvious BL lol but there is so much they can do we'll just have to wait and see .I have patience been dealing with a bat crazy mother in law.
    • Like x 2
  8. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Well i'm not going to hold my breathe for it as he only said they're going implying that the implemation of new powers probably isn't on their mind in the near future.

Plus I don't understand why shadow power is so requested. Doesn't that practically fall under celestial powers?
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

I would be happy enough if we dont get new powerset but instead:
    - New powerful habilities for existing powersets
    - Tons of iconic powers
    - More slots for the tray

But I bet we won't get any of that. It's best to not expect anything good from the development of this game, veteran players should know better.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How would you propose more slots without making it more cumbersome than it already is for Console Controllers??? I can just barely get tinkets/orbital/supply drop to come out properly because of the awkward button presses needed for it. There's a reason why they made it the way it is (since this was always intended to be a console MMO).
    • Like x 2
  11. PolarisSylar Committed Player

On the ps4/ps5, the way we have another slot on tray is .
    One of the buttons is not used by dcuo. That button is R3.
    What DCUO could do is :
    Current
    Hold R2 + circle button, is consumable
    Hold R2 + X button , is trinkets
    R3 --- ------

What can do :
    NEW
    R2 + circle button, is powerslot 7
    R2 + X button, is trinkets
    R3 button as consumable

Well, this would add extra power slot to the tray and also moving consumable slot to R3 button.
    Like that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

We need both new abilities for our powers AND new power sets in general. Both are welcome. Both are needed imo.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyro Committed Player

They want this game to last 10 years so yes sometime within 10 years we will get a new batch of powers that is a guarantee what he didnt say is any kind of timetable because we likely wont get any new powers until 2023
    • Like x 2
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

That's their job to figure it out not ours. They want the game to keep going and succed for more years they need to actually invest work on it.
    Invest in the content, the gameplay, the visuals.
    I can't stand the gameplay, I can't believe we been having just 6 slots for habilities for 10 years. Its boring its dissapointing.
    We barely use weapons, just spam the same rotation on loop.
    They need to be more ambitious not that self indulgent, always making excuses. They only release bounties and chromas. I'm not subbing for that crap, I'm sorry.
  15. Apollonia Dedicated Player

The demand for new powers isn't going away and players wanting to trade them for what they want instead is not really a great position (because you're asking the Dev team to ignore the requests of others for your own gain) but aside from that...

I always think people should ask for what they want. BUT in this case I think you should also explain why you want these things and what you feel you would get from them so that the Devs can understand what your end goal is. That way they can attempt to meet the need of your endgoal rather than give you specifically what you're asking for, for the sake of it. I say this because your specific requests are not inline with the needs of most players and the format of this game.

For example:
    1) this won't really be likely. because.balance. They won't make powers that are more powerful than everything else.
    2) "Tons" of these... well, we know they'll work on some. Who knows how many. But having a hundred of these doesn't matter if no one uses them because they're not desirable. They need to make iconic powers people want and are compelling to play with, and perhaps fill holes in playstyles, and builds.
    3) This is a very old request from beta. A lot of players wanted more powers because that's what they were use to in typical m&k MMOs. But this is an action MMO and played with controller heavily. So, you can't really sit there with a can of Mountain Dew beside you and rotate through your abilities as they come off cooldown in sequence because there's more to gameplay here. Also as it stands now, the majority of powers in a powerset are totally ignored and unused because they aren't compelling, not because of a lack of slots on our loadouts. Most of us still only want to use about 12 powers (6 for each role). So.

That said, if you explained why you want these things, the Devs might read it and agree with your reasons and think of creative ways to achieve the same goals but without giving you exactly these requests.
    • Like x 2
  16. Whodini Well-Known Player

We'll never be able to summon Captain Planet without Wind and Heart powers! Also, I've always wanted to run with a Earth, Wind, and Fire group.

Lastly, I would like: Vampire, Illusions, Magnetism, and Cybernetics
    • Like x 2
  17. Controller Devoted Player

Expand the VISUALS of the Lantern Powers

[IMG]

Do the same for Rage and Yellow Lanterns, as well.

Place that Green brick wall in front of your party instead of the the green bubble that envelops them - Group Shield.

Let the detailed Green bubble be the personal shield.

Enhance / re-draw / etc - the other options in the trays as well.

For those twin machine guns we have NOW - replace them with THIS:

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  18. Controller Devoted Player

When you change form as Ice - change into THIS

[IMG]

or something similar.

Spruce up what we HAVE - too.

I'd be down for new powers as well.
    • Like x 3
  19. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Yes More Options For Lantern Powers I'm Definitely Interested In This Brotha Man
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That could mean as little as: “in the top right corner of the whiteboard in conference room 4 is a brainstorm list for potential new powers. I guarantee that at some point in the future that list will have some more whiteboard marker and windex applied to it”

Edit: That’s not meant to criticize (speculative or otherwise) or doubt Jack’s genuine wishes and intentions. I have no doubt if he could snap his fingers and have three new awesome powers ready he absolutely would. But the reality is such that there is a finite amount of resources (including time and playerbase engagement and attention span) that pales in comparison to the broader wishlist.

But we shall see...
    • Like x 1