Up-Votes Needed Can't switch armories during fights

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Dec 26, 2020.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Seems to be fine outside of combat but in combat, game won't let me switch. Seems minor but can ruin a raid run pretty fast when someone is trying to switch roles to take over for a downed teammate. I already can confirm I'm not the only player since some friends tried too and had the same results. If you keep trying, and don't die, you may finally get it to work. Outside of combat, again seems good to go.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can only switch armories once while in combat. There's a red timer that appears on your screen after you switch that let's you know when you can switch while in combat again.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh I know. Been here for near a decade. I mean I can't ever switch while in combat. Not every time but a lot of the times I've tried recently. Not cooldown related
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Are you sure you are not wearing a Legion ring? it seems to count as a transformation ...
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What? You can't change armories because of that ring? Use it on my dps side, not on my healer. But not the reason anyway unfortunately. I've already tried switching dps to heal, dpd to dps, heal to dps, heal to heal. Mostly noticing during bounties but has definitely happened in the alert and raid too.
    Kinda funny part about this, I was going to buy a few more armories. Now I'm like what's the point
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That sounds like system lag. If you go over to a sparring target and get into combat, can you switch armories?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just to confirm I have seen issues today while in 31st Century Earth and HQ alert. I could switch armories while in combat but it required 2-3 triggers to get it to switch. I had similar issues with activating an ability, opening reward boxes, opening gear, etc. Also weirdly Advanced Heat Vision would not come off cool down while we were fighting adds in HQ, I had to unequip/reequip Solar Amp to fix it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Can confirm as well. I can switch but only after my group has wiped and triggering the armory switch after 3-5 times.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've tried multiple taps/ release and retry. Usually I'm dead after trying for so long
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You use a controller, correct?
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Have you double checked your buttons to make sure they're not jammed?
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol yeah. Like I said, I'm not the only one. Had a few friends try just to try and same thing. Cost us a CoUe 2nd fight when our back up heal couldn't switch. Which is when it's the most annoying. But few times in the alert, I've tried switching from aoe to st and unless I walk across the room and stay away from combat, it won't work.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

this is weird to explain but i'll try
    i had this issue for a while but i got so used to it that i forgot it was an issue and i think it's either the same issue or could be related.
    i couldn't switch armories during fights and i thought it was my controller not working so i would just press the other triggers to see if they were working, after a while i figured out why it was happening and found a workaround for it.
    the reason i couldn't switch was bc i was targetting something (enemies, barrels, boxes, anything that can be targetted would make it impossible to switch) as soon as i got rid of the target lock i was able to switch, which you can do by pressing L1 i think? so what i've been doing when i'm fighting something is i roll away from the enemy and move the camera so that it points to the other side making it dissapear from my screen and then i can switch as usual.
    • Like x 2
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Still happening for me. Also, my d pad functions don't work while in combat most of the time anymore. Like trying to open chat and nothing happens.
  16. Staggiie Level 30

Exactly this. Happens to me too. Toggling target lock off and facing away from the enemy/any targetable thing will then let me switch armories.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, that's how I've been making it work. But that's a band aid. Never had to do this before so why has it changed to this? It will cost teams a raid for sure. Has costs us a few fights already. It's pretty terrible when you're close to the end of a fight and your back up heal or tank can't switch asap if the main goes down. Hold on Mordru, gotta fly super slowly to the otgerside of the room to change my outfit
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Do you have target auto lock turned on? If so, you can't switch armories while you are locked to that target and have to step far enough away so that you lose targeting.
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Unless it changed itself somehow, I shouldn't. I'll have to go look. I know I didn't change anything but maybe an update from either this game or playstation itself changed some settings
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Yeah, this is a problem with several things. Turn on target lock and your D-pad actions get suppressed. As an example, if I have it turned on and we finish a boss fight I can still find myself unable to get to the "Select Loot" choices. In a few cases (Earth 3's "The Visitor" duo, for example, at last boss) I have found that my target lock caught the healing barrel, locked onto it, and wouldn't let me do anything until I moved far enough away from it. I also find it happens a lot following the Hawkman and Barbatos fights in Dark Multiverse... even though there is nothing there for me to lock onto. It's as if the system fails to shut down the combat lock.
    • Like x 1