We still had 2 hours before shutdown.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALB Dedicated Player

Just a fyi, SS not free money, and that has nothing to do with bringing down a sale 2 hours earlier than posted.
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Toxic how? Because I reminded people of how it was before the pandemic? Because I remind people that Dimensional Ink is not required to do what they are doing? Because I made people look at how entitled they have become?

I’m sorry you don’t like what you see in the mirror... but I cannot change it. I can only change what I see in my mirror, and I’ve chosen to look at this as a game, and any/all extras they have given us as the gifts they are... not an entitlement or requirement. Yes, I believe they did a lot of this because of the pandemic... with everyone shut in they want to attract more attention to the game to give people an extra avenue of escape from things... and they have been very generous extending the bonuses from being 4 days to 7. They have also had some big upheavals with the purchase by EG7 and the departure of NerdOfPrey. They have put some things in place that they have to give serious thought to... are open episodes now permanent? Are bonuses going to remain week-long or will they go back to weekends? These types of things are “above my pay grade” and “not within my sphere of influence.”
    • Like x 3
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I addressed all of that in my original response and I agree to all of that as well. Please read it again.
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Given that they are all likely on vacation except for the skeleton crew necessary to keep the game running and respond to emergencies, how about following the last past of what I said and give them a chance to respond and see how they resolve it.
    • Like x 2
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Double marks are not a sale either, but that doesn’t stop you from classifying it as one.

The image was a joke. It wasn’t meant to upend your fragile reality.
    • Like x 3
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Let's avoid blaming the community for being annoyed that something they were told was happening didn't happen.
    • Like x 4
  7. smlaude Active Player

I'll bet you 200 million in game cash nothing is done. I would love to eat some crow here but there is no chance.

And just an FYI, the video game industry made a killing during the pandemic. There were some layoffs but that didn't effect bottom line. Revenues went through the roof with everyone at home.
    • Like x 2
  8. EdwardF Well-Known Player

Because it's completely irrelevant.

We shouldn't be annoyed that they shut down a bonus two hours before the promised time because the bonus periods were shorter in the past? How in the world did that make sense for you to say?

The bonus should last as long as it stated in the announcement whether it's a week or three days. Pretty simple. People are rightfully irritated, and you coming here and throwing in meaningless posts is not going to make it any better. It is toxic.
    • Like x 4
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I can't say I'm one of the disappointed that we didn't get an extra what? 2 hours?
    The way I look at it, I've had 7 whole days to run things as much as I wanted. I expected yesterday to be my last chance to get whatever double currency I wanted.
    I'm not going to say that the people who are pissed aren't valid in their feelings, and I know people work, it's the holidays, etc. And there are definite exceptions, but the way I look at it, if you want something in this game bad enough, you make time. There were 168 hours to take advantage of the bonus. Again, I'm sure there are valid reasons for not taking advantage, but I'd be willing to bet that some of it is also poor time management.
    • Like x 6
  10. EdwardF Well-Known Player

Imagine being upset that your toxic post generated a reaction.
    • Like x 2
  11. Darth Piper Loyal Player

First, I actually kinda agree that little to nothing will be done... that said, I'm going to go out on a limb here with another possibility.

Hey OP... How many Time Beacons and Solar Credits do you have? Did that last boss fight (open world or instance) take you to 999 of either of them? If so, then that is why you only got "single" credit. They have an upper inventory limit of 999 before you have to spend some in order to get more.

You see, there are other reasons within our control that could cause this too...
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Tell that to the people who made the Avengers game which lost like $48M. ;)

Even if the video game industry.... and here I assume you mean DCUO.... made a killing as you say...... it is still the Holliday season. Most businesses are operating with a skelleton crew right now.... or are simply closed for the Hollidays.

Maybe DCUO sholud close for 2 weeks next year during the Holliday season? ;) ;)
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh but jokes have to be funny. That's what makes them jokes. So.
  14. EdwardF Well-Known Player

Oh look, another post that's completely irrelevant.

Again, the stated period for it to run ended at server restarts. Not everyone is going to be on in the middle of the night to take advantage after the weekly reset. Many people were planning on hopping on in the early morning before server restarts and weren't able to do so because it was stopped two hours early. Instead of six hours in the new week, it was only four, and those four were before most players are awake.

People are already annoyed. Why come into the thread to say something that clearly isn't going to help?
    • Like x 1
  15. EdwardF Well-Known Player

You get called out for being toxic, yet here you are continuing to troll.
    • Like x 2
  16. smlaude Active Player

Reports have it that this industry made 180 billion this past year. So maybe a new game title didn't pan out with some of the over inflated costs that go into making a brand new game vs a decade long game that still has its players pumping in money monthly.

The point of the comment was he kept saying that the game did us a favor w/ bonuses where in reality the game did itself a favor in giving us a reason to log on. No one was going to run Metal 1 or 2 or JLD unless there was a motive behind it when we are staring down the barrel of 60 hours worth of bounties.
    • Like x 3
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'm being toxic? Again... how? Because I'm making people look for simple things that may actually be within their control too? Not everyone is aware that you have a limit of 999 of these coins before you are required to spend them.
    • Like x 2
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's so embarrassing to watch. Eek.
    • Like x 2
  19. EdwardF Well-Known Player

Because it has nothing to do with the topic. It's not you attempting to offer an alternative theory. It's you continuing to troll.
    • Like x 3
  20. ROOTE Well-Known Player

10000x THIS!!! These people are not our parents. Mepps is a customer service representative to us, the PAYING CUSTOMERS. This is a business. They are not doing us favors or giving us gifts with these Bonus Weeks. They are trying to keep us engaged with their last content release until there is a new release. That has been the purpose of this all along.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.