What’s The Deal Between Devs and ObsidianChill Especially Him and Meeps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Oceanly, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceanly Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    I Was Watching One Of His Vids And He was talking about him and Meeps not liking each other and him not being kinda talk about it and who else has a problem with one of the devs cause this seems like it goes down deeper than it seems.
  2. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

His problem with Mepps is the same problem that he had with Spytle. Mepps was mean to him and he-who-must-not-be-named didn't like it. Although I don't think Mepps is always innocent. As far as Spytle goes, Spytle tried to trivialize HL combos and said how easy they were to do (while failing to do them correctly I might add), he-who-must-not-be-named called him out in a video (rightfully so I might add) and Spytle lashed out in the manner that was not appropriate behavior from a dev/Creative Director. As far as the rest of the devs go, he has an agenda that hes not very good at hiding, he wants to make the game super hard for everyone else, so only him and his friends/leaguemates can pass it. And getting in and snuggling up to the devs is the only way to really achieve that goal.

Although the thing is, he-who-must-not-be-named likes to take shots at other people, but when other people turn the proverbial gun on him, he throws a hissy fit and starts trying to redirect the attention somewhere else. He LOVES the attention being on him, but only when its admiration and otherwise good attention. Ladies, find yourself a man that loves you as much as he-who-must-not-be-named, loves himself.

Also, I'm not expert in DCUO forum rules, but you may be blacklisting wit your post, in the future I suggest you link a specific video then pose the question. That may be a better way of going about it, but don't take my word for it. Thats why I said he-who-must-not-be-named.
    • Like x 10
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The main problem is that "the self-named savior of DCUO" very often forgets that he is just a player like the others, he is popular in some circles, he puts a hell of a lot of effort into his videos, but he is only one of hundreds of thousands of players, and his vision of the game is just his. Sometimes it seems that he is physically unable to understand the elementary concept "that you can enjoy the game differently than him", and that the developers must take into account the desires of many, not just him ....
    • Like x 8
  4. BumblingB I got better.

There is history.

Let's leave it at that.
    • Like x 5
  5. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Oh, but don't you know, hes not going to quit because hes not going to leave the game in this condition, his words. I think hes got his epitaph already written and all of it is accomplishments in a game.

Also to add, hes not the only one, look at the leagues hes been in and the people he mentions/plays with. Hes the spokesperson essentially for those people. Hes the wart on top of the skin, if you look deeper the virus that causes said wart goes mostly unnoticed. Hes a symptom, the disease goes merrily on.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fwames Well-Known Player

Ex-lovers
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Aw...Mepps isn’t mean. I always think of him as an old timely gentleman who can give you what for.

[IMG]

Good day, sir!
    • Like x 5
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

do you picture him riding one of those old giant tricycles?
    • Like x 4
  10. inferno Loyal Player

What I have often seen in this forum, or mainly just the "net" is a simple lack of respect, civility and just being a decent human being. There are proper, respectful ways to complain about a company's actions or choices without personally engaging, belittling, or verbally abusing the people that work for that company.
    DEVelopers are people too. They work for salary or hourly, this is basically a job for them; not personal. IT only becomes personal for them, when they take pride of their work whatever they may be; Art, systems, design and customer service. They have the same amount of patience that regular people do. The fact that they end up talking back at you personally, that's a simple sign that you just stepped over the line way too much, too many times.
    I guess, basically what I am trying to say is: when you engage with another person, a human being, be respectful. Be civil.
    • Like x 9
  11. Dogico Loyal Player

Who gives a ****
    • Like x 9
  12. Thomas Wayne II New Player

It is because he is from Canada.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What is the point of this thread exactly? To reignite ancient beef between players and devs? What good for the DCUO community is this thread going to bring? I'm genuinely curious.

Bringing up this in a thread is a classic case of 'toxicity breeds toxicity', and no matter what happens in the game over how many years you will get people who will bring stuff like this up rather than focus on the real issues the game has, or things you would like to see DCUO improve within the next 1-2 years.

Sometimes the DCUO community baffles me with threads like this. This thread isn't constructive in the slightest. Who cares about what beef another player had in the game however many years ago. Let's focus on the real issues DCUO has - or things that are positive about the game! I really like the Cosmic Chroma style that got released recently, its a style that has been requested for some time. Sometimes the developers do deliver on style/theme requests for DCUO sooner or later. That's a positive thing. Let's move and think in a forward direction for something that may benefit the DCUO community, including the many players that frequent these forums.
    • Like x 8
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Well...:rolleyes:

Play more PS5!
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

who is obsidianchil? & what is a "mepps"?
  16. C3alix Committed Player

Lol holy ****, 2020 is wild.

Got people making threads like this wtf lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Darth Piper Loyal Player

So... how soon before this thread is locked or deleted?

And sorry, but every time someone misspells "Mepps" as "Meeps," the only image I have in my head is:

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Silly threads are silly. People get heated sometimes. I've talked to oc 7 times this week, I think.

If you really want to know all the details, find me at recess behind the monkey bars.
    • Like x 18
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.