Fixed Launcher Patch Fail

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by vikteren, Nov 11, 2020.

1. vikteren Well-Known Player

2. Shrooom1Up New Player

First i had since mid halloween events issues loading on of the big cities on occasion making those maps unplayable at the time. it persisted even after a server reset and into "legion of super heroes" I tried to swap servers , but it suddenly tells me THIS:

Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found
    11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/11/b3a/96d02793c1631ce8eb5dc1622f77d236907

forums didn't had any thread about this and even support was not helpful.
    then i tried to uninstall and re install the entire game over my steam libary. and NOW it didn't installed the daybreak launcher, which i tried to download from the offical website. surprise surprise the options didn't work at all. Going to the official daybreak launcher download only opens a broken URL:

Not Found:
    The requested URL /r8w8r2n4-001/home/sonyoe/app/installer/DCUO_setup.exe was not found on this server.

So I can only do one thing and scream for
    HELP!!!
  3. Earth742 Well-Known Player

• Like x 12
  4. crowir New Player

same stuff, what funny is that it works perfectly if i choose eu server, but on us this happens
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Same happens to me now after trying to switch to US server.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shirama New Player

Maybe that will help ? if I Open the path, where Patch should be , I see EQ, but no DCUO. even with DCUO.patch adress.

[IMG]
  7. Eve YouTuber

Update: Reinstalling the game made it so the game's launcher does not open at all.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shrooom1Up New Player

i have the same issue, the daybreak launcher with the red eye icon simply does not appear after reinstalling it with steam.
    thats AFTER i have constant issues loading into gotham or metroppolis since mid halloween, causing the client to crash entirely.

in addition the offical website ALSO does not provide a functional download of the game/launcher, it simply links to a broken URL making it impossible to download a useable version of the game on PC
  9. nihilismia Level 30

same thing since yesterday, between the bugs, the updates we lose a lot of playing time compared to our subscriptions.
  10. crowir New Player

tried validating files, nothing, tinkering with network and LAN options didn't help too
    rip stabilizers i guess, hope you guys will have a better luck
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

From support:
    *This message is intended for all users that may have encountered a connectivity issue recently*

Thank you for waiting on us to get back to you. We appreciate it. Also, we apologize for the wait. We have had a surge of contacts and we are doing the best we can within the scope of our current resources to reply as fast as we can. We apologize for the extended wait and thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.

In regards to the issue at hand, many players encountered an error when trying to download the game or update the files and play. Our engineers determined that it seems to be service provider level networking issue with our content distribution network and we are currently working with them to make sure everything is resolved. In the meantime, we're very sorry for the difficulty or inconvenience it may have caused and hope that they can resolve the issue soon. Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this time.

If the issue happens to persist beyond 24 hours, please feel welcome to update the ticket so we can investigate further. Also, if this message does not seem to apply to your issue, please feel welcome to update the ticket so we can check it out. Thank you again for your patience and have a wonderful evening.
    • Like x 6
  12. crowir New Player

Sad stuff, hope it will be resolved before reward resets, but i somehow doubt it
    thanks for sharing the info, though!
    • Like x 2
  13. Shrooom1Up New Player

however its does NOT explain the lack of a launcher when installing via steam OR trying to get the launcher from the official website.
  14. NanananananananaBatman New Player

Really irritated about this myself , double bummer on Veterans day and my B-day yesterday , was one day away from a stabilizer yesterday too which would've been just about the only thing I would've gotten for my b-day yesterday (didn't get nothing but suppose you could call me a grown up now) =/.... They should give us all some (25 or so sounds fair :p ) free quarks or a free stabilizer or something .This is straight up multiple days of downtime for probably an entire platform if not multiple . Everyone here should try tweeting at them to give us all free quarks or stabilizers , seen it work before for higher asking "stakes" and less downtime.
  15. HellSmoke New Player

so um, i was gonna update dcuo but i couldn't because there's an issue with launching the game. and i didn't know what to do so i figured i uninstall the game and removed all the files related to the game including that dcuo_setup.exe file, so i can install the game again then i went to the website and pressed "download the game" and nothing happened it doesn't even download the exe file to start up the installer. i don't know what to do should i wait? for the issue to be fixed? is it the reason why i can't download the exe file to the website?. i don't know what's wrong does any of you people out there have an idea?
  16. musclecock New Player

Super helpful ty
    • Like x 1
  17. crowir New Player

in addition to supports response from above, i've got this today
    "It will be useful to know that you should not need to do anything on your end and we simply have to wait for the service we use to resolve their issue. In the meantime, we recommend keeping up to date on the official forums and we're very sorry for the difficulty or inconvenience it may have caused and hope that they can resolve the issue soon. Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during this time."
    • Like x 2
  18. musclecock New Player

When trying to launch game and it will say it is running in steam for a couple seconds then reset and nothing happens been doing this since I installed and reinstalled yesterday. Would love to play.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That's nice to know we should just sit back and do nothing while we miss bonus weekends, miss out on running content, miss out on hours of bounty rotations while we wait for a 3rd party to decide that all of us should be allowed to play the game again.

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  20. Skulussa New Player

I have the same problem since wednesday :/ The servers as down. Same answer from support