The next 10 years

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Oct 21, 2020.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

What if I think its pretty great now? It will never be what our nostalgia glasses want it to be.
    • Like x 4
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I think that would be your opinion just as it is mine lol Your second sentence is a strange one. Are you doubting them as in DCUO not being able to become better than what it is now and so you only play it because of the nostalgic?
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I think its already better. But some think the best version is the old version. Shouldn't have used "our". "Your"
    • Like x 2
  4. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Something tells me that WB/DC have no problems with how Daybreak/DI is handling their properties. They keep bringing in money, and stick to their restrictions. 9+ years and they haven't swooped in to intervene...that says something.
    • Like x 3
  6. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is not typically how franchises operate, so, I wouldn't say that's a safe assumption. They usually operate hands off unless drawn in. If they began receiving complaints and negative attention they would likely take them into consideration. DI operates autonomously and drives development but we already know that WB/DC has no problem putting their foot down on certain issues that interest them. It's just a matter of getting their attention and drawing attention to issues that should interest them but aren't on their radar.

Not that I'm advocating for any specific action. I'm not; I'm really just countering this presumptive narrative that the status quo is fine without supporting evidence. Lack of evidence is not evidence. If we do want action on an issue though, we can't complain to the people that are causing the issue hoping for change. That's not how the world works unfortunately. That's just common sense.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I pretty much assumed that when the DC license ran out Warner would just pull the plug and move on. Who knows, glad it's here now.
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

January is coming up quick boys
    • Like x 1
  9. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Considering all of that is true, I fail to see the sarcasm sadly.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

I have such small and simple wishes.

I want the "Permission to Move Items" permission for Lairs to be fixed, so that it works like League Halls and actually, you know, ALLOWS PEOPLE TO MOVE ITEMS! This has been broken for about 8 years.

I want some sort of an NPC for Lairs. Pets are nice, but I don't want to be a crazy old cat lady with 15 cats and no people around. We need our own friends back at base. A butler or a "guy in the chair" or a captive in a cage. Anything where there is a generic NPC we can put into the base to make them feel less empty.

I would like for the Collections tabs to work like the Feat tabs, where completed ones get shuffled to the bottom, so we can more easily find the collections that we're actively working on.

I would like a Name Purge. Ideally I would like regular name purges to be a part of game maintainence, the way WoW does. Since DCUO established 18 months as their appropriate time frame, I wish that at 18 months the name would free up, instead of waiting for these once-a-decade special events.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Something that would have been dignified at 10 years old, 3 powers at once for each role and the most claimed powers :p

cuckoo my wish for heal lantern :p for a long time, most certainly, the only power that would make my hand pass has a new power, the one that has been light since I came out of power, because playing troll is really not my thing :(

I confess, I'm pretentious on this one :D
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Crazy there is Still no robot butler for bases
    • Like x 2
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What would be the point of a "level cap increase" when the current top CR is literally approximately 291 levels above Level 30? What does that even mean?
    • Like x 2
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes, this has only been asserted approximately five hundred thousand times over the past ten years, so it's bound to be right one of these days!

It should be beyond obvious these days that just because a lot of people think something doesn't make it true.
    • Like x 2
  15. ConsoleTester New Player

You all know for a fact had you not changed the game and it's direction from around 2011 to 2013 this game would be packed with players and operating cost wouldn't be a question we loved to just hand over money for replays we had the things that kept us happy good active strong leagues, PVP , PVP Legends, lots of open world PVP you could jump from phase to phase in this game and they were so packed with players now you login after not playing for 3 years and you go to PVP it's got 200 players , switch to PVE dead go in to open world you are lucky to see 3 players flying around unless they are leveling up to make it to raid level. you all don't even check the game to make sure it's running I brought a friend here last year and the Gotham pillar mission couldn't even be completed so they never to go level 30 stuck at 29 they quit ( was going to be a paying customer ) get it together. you can out source jobs to dedicated players to make sure the game works so new players can come onboard in exchange for memberships or replays a few would do it in a heat beat. but us older players who spent THOUSANDS we really feel you honestly don't care or you wouldn't of changed the game you would argue in meetings how great this game was until day break took over just before sony updated it past around update 20 or so. good day mepps.
    • Like x 1
  16. ConsoleTester New Player

Note when I put my valid argument you can check out names

Crzy_Chrissy
    BlackHammer_CRS

Bought over 10,000 replay badges then quit the game do to all the changes. I can put a entire list of names as well as leagues we all chill with each other on PS and Discord and everyone has the same exact complaint you all broke a perfect game all you needed to do was add more mission more grind more event more fun not alter what was working already. sad when you allow games like Destiny to beat you broken games such as ARK player rather give you $14.99 a month or pay a year then pay for PlayStation plus we managed playing up to 6 characters keeping them fully geared ever time a new suit dropped you all really just need to start over and quit changing things seems to be the norm with video games they say oh we don't know why it went to crap but it was a good run we don't want a run we want dc to be like world of warcraft been out for a long time and players still enjoy it they enjoy it so much they waited years for a new dlc to drop player beg for new powers for the simple fact you won't give us nothing else.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

That word, "fact": it does not mean what you think it means.

can't claim to be speaking for anyone other than yourself.

There's nothing more revealing that a post will be bogus than the writer making claims to be speaking on behalf of "we" or "us" or "the player base" or "most players" or "us older players who spent THOUSANDS," which I know is false because I am one of those very players who is "older" and "who spent thousands."

You get to speak for yourself, only, absent an election on the forums that will never take place.

Incidentally, punctuation exists for a reason. Wall of text much?
    • Like x 3
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its December! We just got some big news recently about creative changes. Id be interested to see what stories this next person would want to bring to the game during their time as lead creative.

I just hope we can take a break from wonder woman, i hate that every dlc with her we have to faces the beastimorphs ( idk how to spell that, but u know what i mean) and amazons... Atleast with batman we face joker thugs, freeze , scarecrow and riddler goons..

Speaking of scarecrow, give him a DLC!!!
  19. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Its January this Friday!
    This event that they’ve been hinting at will be up soon, im excited to see wassup!

Over the last month ive had quite the bit of free time, been running old missions n messing around in styles... guys in the next 10 years i wanna see more diversity amongst the cast of characters! Theres alot of black and whites in comic books but other ethnic groups are definitely there with developed characters !
    While they’ve been doing a slightly better job at bringing in black characters & i thought they were giving us statics new locs ( one of the greens quoted me awhile back in my thread about the base game locs covering the static op face) ... there are certainly groups that are clearly not represented in the game, when there are characters in dc comics who could fulfill this role.
  20. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Not that I disagree at all but, although powers are an essential element of this game, but we need to realize that making them is very time consuming and needs a lot of resources, what are those resources? Time and developers, and in order to do so they need pull these resources to only focus on powers which means they will need more developers and more funds for them.
    That's what the producer said. No idea if this it right or wrong, but I just sometimes wonder how other video games can work on powers that much, then? Back in 2016 we had Marvel Heroes Omega, now there's that other game Marvel Future Fight, and DC Legends, plus we see iconic characters and new skins of them using new powers in every episode! This sounds a little dodgy to me, if the problem is the graphic designer, then where are those iconic powers coming from? If not and it has to do with the programming, then that's a whole other thing.