The next 10 years

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thank you for this response. Always appreciate transparency from the staff.

Revamping of member benefits sounds really interesting and it has been something I've wanted for a long while. I know it's not public, but hopefully some improvements to promethium lockboxes?

Very interesting to see weapons and powers being considered in the new decade.
    • Like x 2
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Please, also consider regional prices, there are some countries like mine (Argentina) where each day it passes, it becomes harder to pay for membership.
    • Like x 2
  3. August Moon Well-Known Player

honestly im just waiting on tank dps long range update for might. ever since precsion dps took a bicycle kick to the face , other powers dont realy hold up in elite content like munitions, nature , and electricity and be quite problematic when certain feats/elite mechanics call for a damage check
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think what I would want is new power additions to each power set . Maybe the devs could even fulfill that initial advertisement of every power being able to do every role. I think that would help with grouping in general.

Or at least make artifacts account bound. It's a tall ask to has us have artifacts leveled for 3 tunes. I remember trying to make this game more alt friend was on the agenda but it makes it more of drag. Why can the artifacts just exist on its own tab like the augments thats universally accessible to all you toons. I suppose it would lose money onf people who need to max out on every too but good will lien that goes a long way. I'd be more inclined to buy replays on my alts.
    • Like x 1
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

I predominately like exploring about on my own so new maps always appreciated. However I manage my expectations. I generally hope for one completely new map every 2-3 episodes. Since AF3 there's been 12 episodes and 6 of them had totally new maps.

Certainly the Wasteland was a high-water mark but IIRC that was right around the PS4 update so I suspect they could justify more dollars to asset development. That said I think Patchwork Themy, Atlantis, Earth 3 and the War Torn Village were entirely new maps that I think were comparable to Wastelands, and Atlantis might have even been better by some standards. TItans Island while cool as an iconic location was a little too simple to leave much of an impression. Likewise Thanagar felt small probably because you could just fly over it.

I'm going into Future Metro with very managed expectations. I've love to see the 30th century as I imagined it as a kid but I suspect a lot of what I want to see: flying cars, aliens of all sorts walking the streets along with the Science Police and most all Weisinger Plaza with the floating HQ, just aren't practical given the resources available.
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, 65k? My memory stinks. Thank you.

Is it dread from dealing with us or with the dev team?
    • Like x 1
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Mepps just said im sure will talk about dcuo10 soon . So dcuo1.0 is happening then a full relaunch for next gen thats pretty big news on its own
  8. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

9. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Not happening. The best they can do is update the models. A graphic overhaul wouldn't be a good investment. Personally I think the graphics are fine but each to their own.
    • Like x 3
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I find this answer pleasant on your part, or other games are not "****** up" to do so, yet with a role identical to yours, I greatly appreciate that on your part.

For my part, I'd like to see more new powers coming to DC, of course, I'm not asking to have 1 power every year, but for example one every 3 or 4 years (this is just an example, the timeframe would have to be defined so that it's not too much in excess), new power or weapon, after all, it could help rekindle a certain flame in the DC community and those who have lost that flame ;)

Another change I would really like to see is with the basics and mainly the player base", I would really like to see more refreshing novelty, both in the basic theme, as well as in the basic architecture, I had a TESO period and I really loved the housing on this game, it is regularly renewed for the "player homes" and it's really nice, I wouldn't be against that at all on DC. I have a small suggestion for the basic items, it would be the possibility to buy the X DLC basic item boxes, with the DLC currency and or, in source mark ;)

And finally a last point, that I would really like to see too, is to be able to bring more depth to the history of DLC's, I think it's a shame that this is not as powerful as some fantasy type MMORPGs, because in reality, we browse the content without really caring about it, which I think is a shame for such a rich universe, it would be nice to be able to go on an adventure with an iconic character linked to the history of the dlc and if there's a way to go on a comic book style or something like that it would be super fun, as well as more varied side quests without it being seen as "compulsory", other than the "bounty" ones.

These are the changes I would like to see on DC as far as I'm concerned anyway! :p

ps: sorry, if the translation is not clean, not easy for me to translate in English with my level of English, I do my best ^^.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

@Mepps I think the current maps are fine,I love Gotham and Metropolis, but I think we need more things to do out there like world bosses that drops exclusive rarities, and pvp ofc to get some attention, and I also think the graphics look pretty good as it is just keep the new hairstyles etc. coming pls.
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

No, there hasn't been any sort of roadmap since Jens was here.

I think everyone felt the same when things wouldn't make it into the mix (like Serums, for example) but I appreciated the roadmap for what it was and really hate that they have gone in the exact opposite direction.
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

They gave us one the year after Spytle left. Which is the last one I was able to join for.
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

I don't remember that but then again I may have been drunk.[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I was watching bumbalina play dcuo and had to refresh stream there was a average WoW member that had 50.9k pushing 52k viewers. I'm not saying dcuo isnt good or interesting, but I personally never seen a normal player hit 50k in viewer's recently.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

If you are talking about player streams, I think brittany was our highest viewed player.
    • Like x 1
  17. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Sparkly capes and Time capsules with materials bold new colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. SekretVillain Loyal Player

What was her usual viewer count while live
  19. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Man back in the day Brittany was a beast, I miss her Youtube and Super Patriots. Good times,
  20. myandria Item Storage

Um... that's not big news, since Mepps did not say anything about a DCUO1.0. He said "DCUO10", much like Batman 80, WoW 16, ect. So, it means they will be talking about the past 10 years of DCUO and perhaps the next 10 years of DCUO, not another version of the game. Let's not make this train go off the rails, please.
    • Like x 5