Test Discussion Episode 39: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Oct 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Welcome to the 31st Century, Legionnaires!
    This is the official feedback thread for Episode 39 rewards. We will be checking back and fixing bugs as often as possible. Here are some new things in this episode.

New OP Item
    This time we are trying something different with the OP item. Now you can wear the item as soon as you get it. Or rather, you can wear the item that will become omnipotent.

If you find a set of Static's Damaged Goggles, don't throw them away or salvage them! You can collect resources to fortify them, taking them from item level 270 all the way to 302! Talk to Static outside of Legion HQ to get started.

Vendor Categories
    We have added a new feature to this episode’s vendors: Categories. You will notice a new button on top right of the vendor screen that will cycle through the different categories on that vendor. Hopefully this will make it easier to browse through the available wares. Try it out and tell us what you think.

Loot Caches
    While running the gauntlet in Patchwork Themyscira, we noticed that the process of opening the Loot Caches took longer than we would like. We all just wanted to rush off to the next fight, so I started looking for ways to streamline the process of collecting mission loot.

To that end we are experimenting with removing the extra gear choice, which removes two whole clicks/button presses. You’ll still get extra choices in the On Duty Missions of course, and hopefully this will make it faster to get to the next villain that is threatening the world.

Thanks for checking out Episode 39 on the Test Server, and for all your help. See you in the future!
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

Requesting: Adding a box of items for 50 marks like it was in older episodes. It will help collecting the base items faster :)
    For the rest, everything looks neat for now!
  3. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Why aren't there bonuses on the elite weapons this go around? They were really neat on the Wonderverse elite weapons. Since this episode is adopting a very similar format to the current episode, it's a shame we're not getting them with this iteration.

Would it be possible to add a bonus/proc to these elite weapons that's similar to the Wonderverse ones? It would make the weapons far more desirable for players.
    • Like x 7
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

After killing some demons in a new location, "Daemonic Chaos Essence" (Catalist from JLD DLC) drops from them, is this a mistake or are they needed in the new DLC?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise to see a proc on Weapons again. It's been quite a while since they had something like the CC weapons.

In other points, please adjust the OP mask to be at least the same stats as the normal WV vendor gear at base. It was kinda disappointing to see it have lower stats than both DPS and troll.

Also, I know it's supposed to be a grind, but the way catalysts drop is disappointing as well. This isn't just here, but in the last few op iterations. Now that we have the bounty vendor, why can't we farm and buy the catalysts. Not just the one that costs marks, but all 4?
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

The new OP gear leveling system is so much better please keep this from now on.
    • Like x 4
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I dont think the elite weapons should grand those buffs in elite raids it makes the elite raids easyier then it is, the dlc specific augments shouldnt work on elite raids either.
  8. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Lets talk about exobyte restrictions(again...). Here is a post about that "issue" from another thread;

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...wonderverse-dlc-bounties.311774/#post-4350304

I was on test server and I tried to feed my Legion DLC Augment with wonderverse exobyte but guess what, I couldnt. The 2nd paragraph of that post was mentioning this topic. There are peoples (me for example) who want or able to play more than one toon at the same time but this "retroactive" exobyte restriction limites us. And since the only option to make use of these old salvaged and episode specific exobytes is feeding them to old DLC augments and then feeding them to new Legion Augments. This results with waste of efford and time that we put into grinding those exobytes because of 65% exp loss.

Developers tried new things with Wonderverse Episode, this exobyte restriction included. We get it but feedback is given. Im hoping for removal of these exobyte restrictions.

I can see the monetizing part of the "rush and rank the DLC augments" but the way this restriction applied is frustrating. Lastly, like everyone else said, nobody asked for it.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Did you acquire the Elite Face piece from WV on the test server? Cause if so that one is item level 277 vs the Static face piece starting at IL 270 (which is only five IL above the previous non-elite vendor gear).
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is...in one word...AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! Sure, i'll have to lock the face piece to ensure I don't accidentally salvage it, but at least now my alts can get the style while my main can work on enhancing the piece for the stats and whatnot (Catalyst drops are too rare to build up more than one OP item within an Episode's lifespan). Again, fantastico. Also, Thank you for yet another face piece. We don't get enough of those, and this one is very well done (and is much more convenient compared to the Electrostatic Head piece).
    [IMG]

I'm embarrassed to say that I did not notice this, so i'll make an effort to look for it and then report back what I think.

I will admit that I did notice this but was very confused at first because I had gotten used to the admittedly tedious amount of button presses. This change is welcome. I haven't run any instanced content yet so i'll have to report on that later.

Overall, some very nice changes, especially with the OP item....good job guys.
    • Like x 1
  11. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Is there a cap on the marks that are similar to aether? I'm not sure what the name of the new mark is, but if there is, can there not be a 999 cap? It would be really helpful if the cap was 9999 or something to that effect.

Since these marks won't convert to source marks, I have a difficult time understanding why the cap isn't higher.
    • Like x 3
  12. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Disagree.

Getting extra stats does not guarantee your success in the raid. It's not a make or break thing. You don't NEED the weapons. Knowing mechanics and your role is what is going to get you through it.

Having extra stats is nice and a nice bonus to getting the elite weapon. If you think the weapon is something that makes it so you're guaranteeing a clear, then why stop there? Why not disable arts? Elite gear? Elite bonuses? Skill points? It's a bit ridiculous.

As for the augments, what I don't like is the raid bonus being something that completely negates a mechanic in the raid. But completely disabling them? No. You'll then lose out on the extra marks in there and that's a hard pass.
    • Like x 5
  13. zNot Loyal Player

They said FGS e will be a supppper difficult elite raid yet it got beaten in 1 day. And thats with rank 23 augment requiement without that more player could run the elite raid or try it.

Those 2% wont carry anyone and arent a big deal i just think you send the wrong feedback/signal to them „need more stats“ if they would make elite raids difficult sure why not i dont carr about those 2%. But people complain about how easy and boring elite raids are and what you are telling them is this signal like we need more stats infact its the opposite the case people are too powerfull and they should know this.

And those dlc augment agreed thats why i said they shouldnt work in elite raids or they shouldnt be a must have like we needed in FGS elite first boss.
    It seems like they did the mistake again for the long live the legion augments so many mechanics for the Raid are being reduced in those augments its just annoying people shouldnt have to get them to rank 23 to finish the elite Raid!
  14. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

It's not. The issue you have is with the raid design, not the actual weapons. I see people with 23 augs, full elite gear and accessories still failling the raid.

I'm not saying we need them, I'm saying it makes the weapons worth getting. And since they added a proc to the weapons, adding them again would be nice. We've had procs on weapons before. This isn't new, nor have they ever been OP or needed for any content.

If you're upset people are beating the raid day one, then go test and leave feedback regarding the raid, because that's your real issue, not the weapons.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Hey mate,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on that change, it takes half a second if not less to choose your gear, choosing it for us feels like it's stifling our own choice at progression, because you want more control over what you're choosing in your boxes, especially at the start of a DLC.

Any speed increase is so negligble it's entirely offset by the disadvantage of having that choice made for us, please change that back :)
    • Like x 10
  16. AV Loyal Player

Do not do that.
    • Like x 7
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Want to make it faster, have it auto complete, please don't remove the ability to choose a piece. It was one of the nicest things we had.
    • Like x 7
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

I have an issue with this per say, this takes a second to do if that, if you want to help us with time then PLEASE do something about the Stabilizer event that sometimes doesn't pop for several minutes or the person just stands there and I solo it, why as a member can this not be on the gifting menu when I login everyday, or just drops as an item in my vault for a member Now that would save me a lot more time then you taking away a gear choice that takes less then a second to click, there is no solo no duo, no weapon proc yet the prices have gone up, it's like you take more and more items away.....:(
    • Like x 7
  19. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Agreed the Stabilizer is a pointless instance. I still don't understand the decision taking away the auto claim station cash feature from the lifetime members that seemed to save a lot of time before it was removed if you ask me. Seems like you are taking more away and getting less content less gear less raids no solo no duo. We used to get a reward box at the end of instance in older dlcs and now we have to spend marks on enhanced gear that doesn't seem like a time saver. Taking away the free dlc augments on the release of a new dlc and making us buy it isn't saving us time either. But the focus on time capsules and booster bundles are always on point for some reason. Spend time on balancing powers and less time on adding new artifacts for players to chase and spend money on because the nth metal rewards for just playing isn't enough imo. Making a change like this seems like a waste of dev time use it on other and more important quality of life changes instead of this. Maybe when we finish a mission, dailey or bounty not having to go back to the npc to claim the reward and have the reward box show up in our inventory would save us a bunch of time and be a great place to start. Your welcome
    • Like x 5
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Are Static's Goggles supposed to have a Face Socket? I noticed the basic version did.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.