Flight dps moves

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Outlaw Trevor, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

So I been trying to test out the flight movement dps moves with my character to switch up my load out, we all know super speed has the upper hand with moves but has anyone has success with flight? I felt whirlwind attack does the best so far over downdraft or swoop attack and others.
    but was curious if anyone else has tried testing out these moves?
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

flight moves are low tier, not even worth using it.
  3. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

See, I would strongly disagree with that.

Pretty much every character I have that uses flight has Swoop Attack somewhere in their loadout (or at least one loadout with it equipped). I use it a lot, but as more of a 'utility' power. It doesn't do massive damage, but it's useful in other ways. It knocks enemies on their ***, you can close distances with it, you can use it to get away from big attacks quickly, it has a really short cooldown and using it also takes you out of that annoying 'hunched-over' stance after a fight, so you can immediately get back to regular flight speed. It really helps to speed up solos and daily bounties etc.

Whirlwind Attack is also pretty useful as it can knock large groups of adds on their ***, and also does pretty decent damage too.

I've recently been playing around with a hybrid iconic build on my Supergirl main that primarily uses both Swoop Attack and Whirlwind and it's way more effective than it's got any right to be! The build is in tank role, but everything is spec'd purely for DPS. My loadout is Swoop, Heat Vision, Whirlwind, Freeze Breath, Stoke Flames and Burning Determination (i think). Beacuse of the Dom I get from being in tank role, Swoop and Whirlwind always knocks adds on their ***, so I use those powers for 'scooping up' the adds at close range and tanking them. Heat Vision and Freeze Breath are my mid-long range attacks, and the two fire heals are there just in case I need them.

I basically become a tank AND a DPS rolled into one, and in the event version of the alert I'm hitting +10million damage easily while also doing the job of a tank
    (admittedly, I probably wouldn't want to take this build into an elite raid or anything lol, but it's an amazing build for everyday use)
    • Like x 2
  4. AV Loyal Player

Also with Swoop Attack, by immediately jumping as we activate it with movement disabled, it can be used to quickly launch a long ways in any direction:

Other than that, if someone is on a power without a good DPS SC of its own and they're in an boss fight where Neo-Venom Boost isn't viable for whatever reason, Vacuum Bubble is solid for ST situations (comparable damage to other movement SCs but max range and narrow so easier to land where you want it).
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

I was mistaken about Swoop Attack. The PVE version is different and doesn't allow enhanced mobility :3 Pretty lame.
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

awe darn :( I had to take away that like from your post when I realized that you realized it's different in PVE LOL I love Swoop Attack but when actually using it, it feels off because of how i'm interpreting it. Seeing Swoop Attack from that version looks and feels way better. You should bring it up and see if they can make it work in PVE the same way it works in PVP.
    • Like x 1
  7. AV Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  8. Fwames Well-Known Player

First off, I don't like tanking (or tanks in general) that uses movement powers like whirlwind. It gives adds immunities to CC effects rendering your and the troll's CC ineffective. This could potentially spell disaster if those buggers jumped on the healer.

For melee dps, I think that low pressure and high pressure got enough viability for a decent loadout especially if it were to be used in conjuction with other 360 abilities. Just mind the range on the the high pressure (or low?) since the range is so small (I hope they would increase the range slightly). Sometimes I even use the low pressure (or high? The names confuses me tbh) as a tank to suck in adds even closer. I can't say anything regarding range dps except that I'm using vacuum bubble for gemini spams in dps (unli power!).